What is your religious/irreligious affiliation?

What is your religious/irreligious affiliation?

• Judaism

Votes: 13 0.7%
  • Christianity

Votes: 445 22.7%
  • Islamic

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Hindu

Votes: 13 0.7%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 32 1.6%
  • Pagan/wiccian/ancient religion

Votes: 182 9.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 355 18.1%
  • Atheist

Votes: 705 35.9%
  • Other

Votes: 187 9.5%

• Total voters
Definitely agnostic. Why bother to understand something not understandable. I probably will think better about it later in my life

My mother is a Christian and I was somewhat raised Christian but my mother is a wonderful parent and didn't push me and was just like "believe what you want".

A few years ago, I discovered the phenomenon of near death experiences, and since then have read countless experiences and gained a completely new viewpoint on life and the universe and our place in the universe, especially when I realised that almost every NDE were similar to each other and all fitted together in some way.

I also follow an intuitive counselor online named Erin Pavlina, and her articles cover spirituality and about who and what we are really and why each of us are actually here, and the amazing thing to me is that it all coincides with a lot of the NDEs I've read over the years.

I'm not saying that this is the truth, and we're all free to have opinions, but I honestly believe that there is a far bigger picture to everything than we think we know.

So to cut a long post short, I believe in spirituality more than any religion, and I believe that we are all connected to each other, to every human, animal and plant on earth, and to every planet and star out across the entire universe (or multiple universes), and if people could remember how to unconditionally love, things would be a whole lot better.

Much love to everyone who reads this ❤

My mother is a Christian and I was somewhat raised Christian but my mother is a wonderful parent and didn't push me and was just like "believe what you want".

A few years ago, I discovered the phenomenon of near death experiences, and since then have read countless experiences and gained a completely new viewpoint on life and the universe and our place in the universe, especially when I realised that almost every NDE were similar to each other and all fitted together in some way.

I also follow an intuitive counselor online named Erin Pavlina, and her articles cover spirituality and about who and what we are really and why each of us are actually here, and the amazing thing to me is that it all coincides with a lot of the NDEs I've read over the years.

I'm not saying that this is the truth, and we're all free to have opinions, but I honestly believe that there is a far bigger picture to everything than we think we know.

So to cut a long post short, I believe in spirituality more than any religion, and I believe that we are all connected to each other, to every human, animal and plant on earth, and to every planet and star out across the entire universe (or multiple universes), and if people could remember how to unconditionally love, things would be a whole lot better.

Much love to everyone who reads this ❤
Explain "unconditional love". Sounds like someone is selling hope IMO.

I was indoctrinated into protistant type faiths... the whole 9 yards till college. Ive been working for decades to undo all the dammage the dogma inflicts upon one... Shame in sex, self, etc. Its taken me decades to dig out.

No more sky wizards for me!
Thank u for posting this. I too was raised in the fire and brimstone and all through my young life knowing that I was attracted to the same sex and zoo...I knew I was pretty much fucked and going to hell. It wasn't til i met my wife 8 yrs ago and was able to open up about all my past and desires that I began to realize that I wasn't alone or depraved. I dig simplicity...and the Red Road (the native American path) suits me just fine....and fuck mainstream...I have known too many putting up a mean religious front while in private being amazing fucktards themselves.

Athiest though if I had to pick a religion I would pick Epona as my lord and savior!

Religion was made by MAN to control MAN. We are all animals trying to survive on a planet that at any moment can wipe us out of existance! I live everyday with my horses like it could be my last, cherishing every moment I can with them. I do not fear death though loosing one of my loves is hard but I accept the fact that death is a part of life and at some point we all get there. Actually the thing that troubles me most is me passing before my horses do and fearing them not getting the quality of love and care as I have given them. I did at one time try and find my purpose in life and searched deep into religion and studied the bible only to find out it is a book that condemns to death the very person I am. THe bible puts humans above animals as being the superior being let alone clearly stating that a human being caught having sex with one should be put to death along with the animal. I am very much a live and let live person but it does baffle me how people support something that condemns who they are. If there is a god as the bible discribes then he should well know how much I love my horses and what they mean to me and if that is a problem for him then I do not need to live in his heavenly world! Who knows... maybe I was a horse in a past life and might be reincarnated as another again! But till what ever happens after I kick the bucket.. or fall off it.... I will go on living and cherishing my horses till the end! I guess I could say my horses are my religion!

Athiest though if I had to pick a religion I would pick Epona as my lord and savior!

Religion was made by MAN to control MAN. We are all animals trying to survive on a planet that at any moment can wipe us out of existance! I live everyday with my horses like it could be my last, cherishing every moment I can with them. I do not fear death though loosing one of my loves is hard but I accept the fact that death is a part of life and at some point we all get there. Actually the thing that troubles me most is me passing before my horses do and fearing them not getting the quality of love and care as I have given them. I did at one time try and find my purpose in life and searched deep into religion and studied the bible only to find out it is a book that condemns to death the very person I am. THe bible puts humans above animals as being the superior being let alone clearly stating that a human being caught having sex with one should be put to death along with the animal. I am very much a live and let live person but it does baffle me how people support something that condemns who they are. If there is a god as the bible discribes then he should well know how much I love my horses and what they mean to me and if that is a problem for him then I do not need to live in his heavenly world! Who knows... maybe I was a horse in a past life and might be reincarnated as another again! But till what ever happens after I kick the bucket.. or fall off it.... I will go on living and cherishing my horses till the end! I guess I could say my horses are my religion!
Who the hell is epona?

And "god" made you just so "he" could send you to hell if you do not obey. Now, obey! ;)

Who the hell is epona?

And "god" made you just so "he" could send you to hell if you do not obey. Now, obey! ;)

In Gallo-Roman religion, Epona was a protector of horses, ponies, donkeys, and mules. She was particularly a goddess of fertility, as shown by her attributes of a patera, cornucopia, ears of grain and the presence of foals in some sculptures.[1] She and her horses might also have been leaders of the soul in the after-life ride, with parallels in Rhiannon of the Mabinogion.[2] The worship of Epona, "the sole Celtic divinity ultimately worshipped in Rome itself",[3] as the patroness of cavalry,[4] was widespread in the Roman Empire between the first and third centuries AD; this is unusual for a Celtic deity, most of whom were associated with specific localities.

1604733826336.png

I'll obey the nakid chick of horses!

Born and raised in a Christian lifestyle. However, after learning the history of many religions, my beliefs were tested and failed. I’m not a believer anymore because the evidence doesn’t hold up. Nevertheless, I respect those that are religious. 😀😀🐶

I chose agnostic, I don’t think we have the faculties to definitively say whether some some sort of higher being does or does not exist with absolute certainty. I do have a slight atheist lean though as I hope some sort of “God” doesn’t exist. I would like for human existence to be a product of “chance” rather than due to a higher being. I just can’t imagine such a being as anything other than malevolent if they created humans to exist so “dysfunctionally”.

I was raised Christian, but I adopted Shamanism as my spiritual path. My "church" is spending time in the woods every Thursday morning admiring nature. I'll also be reading books on shamanism, playing my Native American flute, and have incense lit.

I was born and raised Pentecostal but now identify as agnostic. There can be no evidence that proves a higher power exists OR doesn't exist so I'll just live my life as though it doesn't until proven otherwise.

I waver between atheist and agnostic. I work and have worked with people who live eat and breathe all things church and all of the things they preach about that they don't do they are the most guilty of doing those exact things! I mean hypocrisy drips from these people.

That's exactly the kind of life that I choose not to live or be involved with.

I don't have an issue with people who feel like they need something to believe in but I don't want to be forced into or told what I should believe or I'll be going to that really hot place in the bowels of the earth spending eternity with the big meanie in the red suit carrying a really big salad fork!!

I was Roman Catholic, until my most recent ex left me 3 years ago. Since then, I struggle with the idea of worshipping, or even believing in a god. I simply can't believe in a god that has taken lovers away from me.

I was Roman Catholic, until my most recent ex left me 3 years ago. Since then, I struggle with the idea of worshipping, or even believing in a god. I simply can't believe in a god that has taken lovers away from me.
A true believer knows that the same gods that give are the same gods that take.

my mom raised me as a christian and we would go to church all the time when i was younger, after school tho i stopped going as much but she still does sometimes.

I believe very strongly in God and that there is a path to heaven for all of us, including people who love others not of the opposite sex or same species. All men are sinners and Jesus died for all of us who believe in Him and accept and love Him. Don't pay attention to the views of hypocritical men. Follow your heart and follow the signs. Be a good person and love with all your heart and I think there's a place in eternal paradise for all of us that do.
Good people will burn in hell for being nonbelievers.

Back