What is your religious/irreligious affiliation?

What is your religious/irreligious affiliation?

• Judaism

Votes: 13 0.7%
  • Christianity

Votes: 446 22.7%
  • Islamic

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Hindu

Votes: 14 0.7%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 32 1.6%
  • Pagan/wiccian/ancient religion

Votes: 183 9.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 355 18.0%
  • Atheist

Votes: 706 35.9%
  • Other

Votes: 187 9.5%

• Total voters
Assaulting others doesn't make a good person, nor does being an asshole or rude either (unless someone is being rude to you, then being rude back is acceptable).

You already knew this.

that was the point... you gave 3 example to someone and asked "is that a good person?" , and then i showed you that as a human you can be short in insight because you did not mention a beating person, and insulting person, a person that tortures animals and so on then the point is what you consider to be good can be lacking and incorrect

that was the point... you gave 3 example to someone and asked "is that a good person?" , and then i showed you that as a human you can be short in insight because you did not mention a beating person, and insulting person, a person that tortures animals and so on then the point is what you consider to be good can be lacking and incorrect
Shortsighted? If you comprehend anything about morals then you'd know that anything that causes unnecessary harm is evil.

Shortsighted? If you comprehend anything about morals then you'd know that anything that causes unnecessary harm is evil.
the whole point is that you might not be correct or fully acknowledge about what creates unnecessry harm and example of it was now that you gave me too short of a list of what makes a person good

the whole point is that you might not be correct or fully acknowledge about what creates unnecessry harm and example of it was now that you gave me too short of a list of what makes a person good
Have I been incorrect with my list so far?

Instead of a list I'll keep it simple - do no harm unless others would do harm to you. This applies to someone who is about to mug you and to an animal that would eat you alive.

do no harm unless others would do harm to you
well nice refrence th scripture principle with your own words but the point is that to determine what is necessry harm can differ.
the example is that when you had to specify moral you gave too short of a list... that is incorrect specification because it lacked.

does a suregeon harming a guys tissues with a knife in order to save him wrong? because it is harm... but it is harm for the sake of the patient... so again - trying to define moral as a finite human would always back fire on you

well nice refrence th scripture principle with your own words but the point is that to determine what is necessry harm can differ.
the example is that when you had to specify moral you gave too short of a list... that is incorrect specification because it lacked.

does a suregeon harming a guys tissues with a knife in order to save him wrong? because it is harm... but it is harm for the sake of the patient... so again - trying to define moral as a finite human would always back fire on you
Uh huh.

Don't be dense, it's obvious that invasive surgery should only be performed either with the consent of the patient or to save someone's life if they're unconscious.

Of course, you fail to see why it has to be "scripture", because you don't need scripture to be a good person. The billions of people who do not identify as Christian have a living testament to themselves that you don't need religion or the idea of god to be good.

Uh huh.

Don't be dense, it's obvious that invasive surgery should only be performed either with the consent of the patient or to save someone's life if they're unconscious.

Of course, you fail to see why it has to be "scripture", because you don't need scripture to be a good person. The billions of people who do not identify as Christian have a living testament to themselves that you don't need religion or the idea of god to be good.

pillar. the point was proven... you fall short to define what good is. humans would always do, because they are humans...

pillar. the point was proven... you fall short to define what good is. humans would always do, because they are humans...
Have I? How do I fall short when the list of what is and isn't harmful would take more time to discuss than we have? As I have said before, what is good and what is bad is self-explanatory - you have eyes, ears and a brain to judge for yourself what does and doesn't cause harm.

Have I? How do I fall short when the list of what is and isn't harmful would take more time to discuss than we have? As I have said before, what is good and what is bad is self-explanatory - you have eyes, ears and a brain to judge for yourself what does and doesn't cause harm.

it is not... or else the whole world would have been with the same morals if it was so self-explanatory

it is not... or else the whole world would have been with the same morals if it was so self-explanatory
Um, are you for real? I hope not!

In case you haven't noticed, there's hundred of millions, if not billions of people who don't give a flying f*ck about what is right and what is wrong - sociopaths commit crimes and harmful actions yet feel little to no remorse about their crimes. Psychopaths don't feel any remorse at all.

And that's just considering the mentally insane, imagine all of the people who aren't insane but don't give a f*ck. Get those religious blinders off.

Um, are you for real? I hope not!

In case you haven't noticed, there's hundred of millions, if not billions of people who don't give a flying f*ck about what is right and what is wrong - sociopaths commit crimes and harmful actions yet feel little to no remorse about their crimes. Psychopaths don't feel any remorse at all.

And that's just considering the mentally insane, imagine all of the people who aren't insane but don't give a f*ck. Get those religious blinders off.

thank you for writing a long replay about humans shortcomings that make it hard to decide about morals from just "human common sense", i am glad that we agree...

thank you for writing a long replay about humans shortcomings that make it hard to decide about morals from just "human common sense", i am glad that we agree...
I never said it was a shortcoming for humans, I said to use your brain to discern what is right from wrong. Just because SOME humans commit crimes doesn't mean ALL humans commit crimes, but you're being disingenuous at the moment.

I never said it was a shortcoming for humans, I said to use your brain to discern what is right from wrong. Just because SOME humans commit crimes doesn't mean ALL humans commit crimes, but you're being disingenuous at the moment.
the point is that if you dont have a determined right or wrong you cant tell me that people can know that... because obviously in every culture morals can be different... in china the leadership are now harvesting organs of 2 million muslims and use them as slaves... and people who work for the chinese - help.
and the biden administration says about that that "cultures are different... what can we do?"
and the UN is silent...

so to tell me to just "use your brain" - you , yourself , cant give me a list of right or wrong - meaning that you dont know yourself , so this statment\point of yours is empty from meaning

Last edited:
the point is that if you dont have a determined right or wrong you cant tell me that people can know that...
But Pillar has a clear idea of what is right and wrong. He hasn't given you a comprehensive dictionary definition, but he has demonstrated judgment when confronted with cases that his prior posts had not covered yet.

What if there is more than one way to be good?

But also consider that a lot of morals are handed down from generation to generation, which basically means that many people do not really use their brain to judge for themselves, as Pillar advises, but follow instructions.

the point is that if you dont have a determined right or wrong you cant tell me that people can know that... because obviously in every culture morals can be different... in china the leadership are now harvesting organs of 2 million muslims and use them as slaves... and people who work for the chinese - help.
and the biden administration says about that that "cultures are different... what can we do?"
and the UN is silent...

so to tell me to just "use your brain" - you , yourself , cant give me a list of right or wrong - meaning that you dont know yourself , so this statment\point of yours is empty from meaning
I'm well aware of the evils of the CCP. They steal organs from anyone who doesn't agree with them, whether they're Uighur Muslim or Falun Gong practitioners. This is a horrendous atrocity and in case you haven't noticed there have been bills in Congress to address these evils. (And in an unsurprising manner, companies like Nike and Apple were against these bills.)

The UN is also corrupted, in case you haven't noticed the CCP have a chair on the human rights council.

I selected Pagan/Wiccan/Ancient Religion.
Raised catholic. As adult....agnostic, buddhist, quaker, pagan.
Past 15 years I've been polytheistic in a left hand path current using elements of pagan and ancient religions in spiritual practice.

I selected Pagan/Wiccan/Ancient Religion.
Raised catholic. As adult....agnostic, buddhist, quaker, pagan.
Past 15 years I've been polytheistic in a left hand path current using elements of pagan and ancient religions in spiritual practice.
Don't go hardcore, you'll go utterly f*cking insane. Trust me.

I have developed my very own way of looking at things in order to be able to explain the inexplicable things of our existence.

We live in a bipolar universe, simply everything consists of two extreme opposites which together always form a whole. The force distribution between both opposites is distributed assymetrically, otherwise our universe would not function.

Because of this realization, I can see a lot of things that remain hidden to others.
The universe could easily function without the extremes but it wouldn't be the same - the status quo would be different, and that is a big, big no-no. THE STATUS QUO IS GOD AND IT SHALL FOREVER REMAIN THAT WAY!

I’m Christian. Maybe not as active as one I should be, but it is what it is. I was curious what other Christians has to say, but it seems like I’m the first one to comment.

My thoughts on it are that the world as it is now started with a choice, and it ends with a choice. I have already made mine, now I just have to try to be as Christ-like as I can. Anything that happens between that is up to me.

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope your doing better now.
Me too. I believe in God, and follow Christs teachings. I feel like Adam had sex with Animals before Eve, and perhaps that's where these feelings come from. Some wanted Eve, and some still want what was before, or both.

Raised in a Christian family, I was kind of the one always asking questions. I kind of never followed as intently, and I'm teetering all the time one what I want to do.
It's just hard to understand what is expected of us, what is a better lifestyle to follow, and what really matters. I've had the fun experience of living by the "it doesn't matter what you do it's still wrong" lifestyle. No matter what you do, you should have chosen another path.
Oh well then, I'll just branch out in multiple directions I guess.

I put Christian, because those are the religious days I observe (Christmas, Easter) and because I've studied the Bible more than most folk. However, my actual beliefs are mainly Deist, believing in a higher power but not believing that the creating power necessarily cares equally about all of Its creations.

I don't have a religious affiliation, because religion is fine until people get involved. Since there's no religion without people, my perspective is "fuck religion", even though it's totally fine if y'all believe in one way or another.

Back