Gun Ownership - NO politics, just "Do you or do you not own a firearm"

Do you legally own a firearm of any kind?

• I own one or more firearms, and am an American

Votes: 365 57.0%
  • I own NO firearms, and am an American

Votes: 96 15.0%
  • I own one or more firearms, and am other than American (Feel free to specify Citizenship)

Votes: 60 9.4%
  • I own NO firearms, and am other than American (Feel free to specify Citizenship)

Votes: 96 15.0%
  • I am not legally able to own a firearm (Feel free to specify reason)

Votes: 23 3.6%

• Total voters
I am an American.. I do own multiple guns. 2 ar15s, an ar9, ak47, a Taurus .40 cal, and a .22. I put a lot of rounds down range and have taught my wife and daughters to shoot,(all three are deadly accurate.).I dont hunt but I do believe in my right to own a firearm to defend my family.

I don’t own a gun, nor do I have much interest in them.
But I went to a shooting range once when I was in the US and I have to admit it was kinda fun.

I don’t own a gun, nor do I have much interest in them.
But I went to a shooting range once when I was in the US and I have to admit it was kinda fun.
Then you know one good reason as to why we like our guns so much. They are indeed a lot of fun. :giggle:

Then you know one good reason as to why we like our guns so much. They are indeed a lot of fun. :giggle:
Just watch out for those evil bullpups...

(Don't take my word for it - check out the whys and wherefores fer yerself :) Right here And when you're done there, check the rest of the channel's vids if you want a great combination of "giggle", "holy shit!", and "I'll be damned!")

Just watch out for those evil bullpups...

(Don't take my word for it - check out the whys and wherefores fer yerself :) Right here And when you're done there, check the rest of the channel's vids if you want a great combination of "giggle", "holy shit!", and "I'll be damned!")
You know it's bad when a 7 year old girl is schooling you on gun knowledge, laughing even.

You know it's bad when a 7 year old girl is schooling you on gun knowledge, laughing even.
Not everyone owns a gun nor do they want to. I absolutely respect that decision, firearm ownership is entirely a personal choice.

Big-time handloader, and like to cast my own lead for muzzleloaders and .39 and 9mm from lead I get from the tire shop. Lost my source of zinc and the lead I pour now is too soft, too dirty.

You want zinc? Hit Home Depot - Just picked up a roll of "moss-repeller strip" - It's a roll that claims to be 100% zinc, like narrow flashing, 3-4 inches wide, intended to be used kinda like flashing and be weathered away to "contaminate" and/or be absorbed into whatever material your roofing is, killing/preventing moss, supposedly for years between applications. I can't personally vouch for how effective it is against moss, since what I'm using it for is to wrap the edges of wood doors and similar places that the livestock might take a hankering to gnaw on. But if you're wanting zinc for alloying, I'd think this would do the trick at a reasonable price - The roughly 6 pound roll cost me something like 7-8 bucks - as well as being a handy way to set the "dose" for the pot - not so big as to be a pain in the arse to handle or store, easy to weigh up for specific alloy ratios, and being so thin, I expect it would melt almost instantly when you drop it into a pot of hot lead.

You want zinc? Hit Home Depot - Just picked up a roll of "moss-repeller strip" - It's a roll that claims to be 100% zinc, like narrow flashing, 3-4 inches wide, intended to be used kinda like flashing and be weathered away to "contaminate" and/or be absorbed into whatever material your roofing is, killing/preventing moss, supposedly for years between applications. I can't personally vouch for how effective it is against moss, since what I'm using it for is to wrap the edges of wood doors and similar places that the livestock might take a hankering to gnaw on. But if you're wanting zinc for alloying, I'd think this would do the trick at a reasonable price - The roughly 6 pound roll cost me something like 7-8 bucks - as well as being a handy way to set the "dose" for the pot - not so big as to be a pain in the arse to handle or store, easy to weigh up for specific alloy ratios, and being so thin, I expect it would melt almost instantly when you drop it into a pot of hot lead.
Thanks! I'll check it out!

Blue

You can also pick up zinc castings in boating supply stores, and plumbing shops..both places sell it to prevent electrolytic-founded problems on boat hulls, and in Hot Water Heaters. Its one if the cheapest metals there is....
Additionally....you COULD throw some brand new pennies into your melt pot....except for the plating, theyre almost pure zinc....ironic way to make some use of them

You can also pick up zinc castings in boating supply stores, and plumbing shops..both places sell it to prevent electrolytic-founded problems on boat hulls, and in Hot Water Heaters. Its one if the cheapest metals there is....
Additionally....you COULD throw some brand new pennies into your melt pot....except for the plating, theyre almost pure zinc....ironic way to make some use of them
I considered mentioning the pennies, but I'm not sure that wouldn't be classified as "defacing currency". Yeah, I know about the "with intent to defraud" part of the law that allows those souvenir "penny-press" gadgets to stay in operation, but without going hunting, I'm pretty sure there's an "unauthorized destruction" clause as well. I seem to recall that when copper prices first went over the moon a few years back, a fellow got swatted down fairly hard - probably under that clause - for turning older "actually made of copper" pennies into ingots and selling them at scrap copper prices. (which at the time was something like 8-10 times face value by weight)

I considered mentioning the pennies, but I'm not sure that wouldn't be classified as "defacing currency". Yeah, I know about the "with intent to defraud" part of the law that allows those souvenir "penny-press" gadgets to stay in operation, but without going hunting, I'm pretty sure there's an "unauthorized destruction" clause as well. I seem to recall that when copper prices first went over the moon a few years back, a fellow got swatted down fairly hard - probably under that clause - for turning older "actually made of copper" pennies into ingots and selling them at scrap copper prices. (which at the time was something like 8-10 times face value by weight)
I doubt they'd have anything to say...
Drop one in your garden for a year and take a look.... Much of it will be gone

Enterprising fellow.... Lol... Wish I'd thought of that. Interesting, though, because coins aren't legal tender.

Yeah.... But with the fusses going on around... I'LL BET he could contract out to park it in front of doors to the State Capital bldgs.... When The Donz was here last month, every road maintenance vehicle in the state was "parked" so to block every potential turnaround on the highways leading to Minden... Thumping a Dump full of pennies would sure make you pay attention...tho in THIS State, some dope would think he hit the Jackpot in Big Bertha!

'Cept the last I heard of him, the IRS got to keep the truckload of pennies, and he STILL had to pay whatever the tax bill was - using "real money". Never did hear whether the truck involved was his or a rental, so it MIGHT be that they got to keep THAT, too! Talk about adding insult to injury...

Yup I am Mericanand own some guns. I have a 9mm and and my grandfathers late 1800's Winchester 30-30. I also have a concealed carry permit. I grew up in the country as did my parents and their parents. We are all hard working blue collar types who relied on hunting to subsist. Gun culture is a given in my way of life. You also need something to keep varmits at bay and their populations under control sometimes.

I believe everyone should have this right and not be infringed on by those who chose not to own firearms.

I got to change my answer from "I own NO firearms, and am an American" to "I own one or more firearms, and am an American" as I ended up purchasing my first firearm which is a 9mm pistol, last month. It's mainly for protection for me and mine. If someone wishes to cause me or my doggy girls any harm, I'm sure as hell not going down without a fight!

I got to change my answer from "I own NO firearms, and am an American" to "I own one or more firearms, and am an American" as I ended up purchasing my first firearm which is a 9mm pistol, last month. It's mainly for protection for me and mine. If someone wishes to cause me or my doggy girls any harm, I'm sure as hell not going down without a fight!
it always starts with 1.

Proudly American and I own 11 guns.

I reload everything I shoot except shotgun rounds.

Thank goodness for Limb Saver recoil pads because big bore rifles can pound a shoulder unmercifully.

Back