• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Deep quotes you heard or made up?

Yes, and I was saying that you should worship Sauron. He is a god afterall, well angel if you want to get technical, but what's really the difference?
Let's see now... On one hand we have a flaming eyeball atop a tower, and on the other hand we have a flaming bush atop a mountain.
Yeah, I don't see the difference either.

Let's see now... On one hand we have a flaming eyeball atop a tower, and on the other hand we have a flaming bush atop a mountain.
Yeah, I don't see the difference either.
Tolkien was a contemporary and friend of CS Lewis. Lewis regularly criticized Tolkien for not making Middle Earth more blatantly christian. Tolkien argued "I'll use it for base inspiration and general archetypes, but I'm not making it a proselytizing mouthpiece like Narnia".

If you're not familiar with the greater Middle Earth lore. The universe was created by Eru (Illuvitar in the language of the elves), God. Eru then created the Valar and the Maia, analogous to great and lesser angels. He then led them in song, in which they "created" the world. During the song one Valar, Melkor (satan), grew proud and attempted to corrupt the song and make it his own. When the song ended Eru pointed out into the void and the Valar beheld a barren world. He then sent those who wished to onto that world in order to bring the song to life. On the barren world the Valar, each with legions of follower Maia, wielded their godly powers to sculpt the world and create the vision the song had given them. Melkor, with the blessing of Eru who said even his discord was actually part of his divine plan, descended onto the world together with the Valar and continued to corrupt their works. Melkor became known as Morgoth and was defeated at the end of the 2nd age. Sauron was a Maia in service to Melkor who sought to continue his work through the 3rd age.

Gandalf and the other Wizards are Maia in service to other Valar who were tasked with keeping an eye on Sauron without directly interfering.

"A fool cannot be brave, for one must understand the danger one courts in order to act bravely in the face of that danger.”

Or : “You can’t love moms too much” ?
Yeah, I didn't love my mom, not past my early teens when I became capable of conprehending what she put us through and what kind of life she wanted us to have if she had managed to get custody.

"I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it."

Once in a zoo, some small German kids saw an arctic fox in winter fur.
They yelled “guck mal, ein Eisbär” = ‘look, a polar bear’
It is difficult to assess its size when it has only been seen on television !

“Marshmallow farms are in danger of going bankrupt in Canada due to global warming” ~potatoY the comments section from both sides was ?

England lost two wars to America, then America twice came Englands defense.

your children may be rebels, but no one picks on your family but you.

Two percent of people think;
Three percent of people think they think;
And ninety-five percent of people would rather die than think.

-George Bernard Shaw

"I've learned, the only time a man has the right to look down on another, is when he needs to help him stand up again"
-
Gabriel García Marquez.

"A man of the highest virtue does not keep to virtue and that is why he has virtue. A man of the lowest virtue never strays from virtue and that is why he is without virtue. The former never acts yet leaves nothing undone. The latter acts but there are things left undone. A man of the highest benevolence acts, but from no ulterior motive. A man of the highest rectitude acts, but from ulterior motive. A man most conversant in the rites acts, but when no one responds rolls up his sleeves and resorts to persuasion by force." - Lao Tzu on the near forgotten concept and ever present danger of Fake Virtue.

Back