Votes: 45 28.8%
  • Nintendo Switch

Votes: 36 23.1%
  • Mobile Gaming

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • I dont play video games

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
PC and Xbox. I play a little of everything, but I spend most of my time on simulators and sandbox stuff.

PC master race.

It's a simple fact that a PC can do more. Mice have better aim too. The trick is to know what hardware to get. It can be a smart long term investment. But got to get the right hardware.

My comp was about £2000. Got it ten years ago. Still plays modern games. Graphics card had to be replaced of course (that always gets phased out sooner). Other then that though the comp runs games just fine. 1060 is a good graphics card. Don't need a 3000 whatever. Not yet at least.

When doing PC it's a good idea to have a backup comp. Hence laptop. Hardware problems will happen at some point. Best to be prepared for it. You can leave a PC on 24/7 just fine, as long as you're not on modern computer games. Doing restart on windows in task manager will resolve slow down if the comp has been on for a while. It's basically restarting windows on the desktop without losing data on the comp. Windows update will require a computer restart though.

I can also close software if the monitor is black screening to fix it. Try doing that with a console.

PC master race.

It's a simple fact that a PC can do more. Mice have better aim too. The trick is to know what hardware to get. It can be a smart long term investment. But got to get the right hardwar
Honestly? I've tried using a mouse and keyboard, and a mouse and gamepad (the gamepad being marginally better, because I never had to move my hand, and the thumb was in a much better position with my carpal tunnel issues). I just can't. There's something in my brain that doesn't let both hands work separately like that at a distance from one another. It's also why I couldn't play piano or guitar, and it wasn't for a lack of trying. I started with Genesis→N64→ GameCube/PS2/DS/GBA SP→ PS3 → PS4 → and PS5 just last year. Yeah, I like PC in the sense that the last time I had one, I never paid for a single game or program, but these stupid console wars have to stop. Just let people enjoy the things. My dad still loves is hunting game he just plugs the rifle into the TV like an arcade game. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Honestly? I've tried using a mouse and keyboard, and a mouse and gamepad (the gamepad being marginally better, because I never had to move my hand, and the thumb was in a much better position with my carpal tunnel issues). I just can't. There's something in my brain that doesn't let both hands work separately like that at a distance from one another. It's also why I couldn't play piano or guitar, and it wasn't for a lack of trying. I started with Genesis→N64→ GameCube/PS2/DS/GBA SP→ PS3 → PS4 → and PS5 just last year. Yeah, I like PC in the sense that the last time I had one, I never paid for a single game or program, but these stupid console wars have to stop. Just let people enjoy the things. My dad still loves is hunting game he just plugs the rifle into the TV like an arcade game. Nothing wrong with that at all.

That's a skill issue. Not a console/PC issue.

If you use arrow keys instead of WSAD (like I used too) then it's less efficent.

Some games will teach typing. I remember playing some games like that long ago. Got me used to keyboard more.

it also depends on wherever a keyboard has hard keys (more force to type) or soft keys (easier to pess the keys).

It also depends on the kind of mouse. If you used one with a mouse wheel (instead of a laser mouse) then that factors in as well.

Using a gamepad for extended periods of time can also lead to thumb cramp. You can be on a PC all day (or longer) without health issues. But using a gamepad like that for long periods of time?

That's a skill issue. Not a console/PC issue.

If you use arrow keys instead of WSAD (like I used too) then it's less efficent.

Some games will teach typing. I remember playing some games like that long ago. Got me used to keyboard more.

it also depends on wherever a keyboard has hard keys (more force to type) or soft keys (easier to pess the keys).

It also depends on the kind of mouse. If you used one with a mouse wheel (instead of a laser mouse) then that factors in as well.

Using a gamepad for extended periods of time can also lead to thumb cramp. You can be on a PC all day (or longer) without health issues. But using a gamepad like that for long periods of time?
Well on my keyboard it's actually not WASD, it's ,AOE as I'm using Dvorak, which is the first of many issues because some games are bound to the actual letters, rather than the input # with no way to change them.

And no, it wasn't a skill or hardware issue. I tried for hundreds of hours, but my brain just wasn't built for it. Couldn't even play a basic game like Mirror's Edge Catalyst, which I absolutely kill at on console. Hell, I've gone so far as to custom map a controller to play League of Legends with an off-brand PS3 controller.

Well on my keyboard it's actually not WASD, it's ,AOE as I'm using Dvorak, which is the first of many issues because some games are bound to the actual letters, rather than the input # with no way to change them.

And no, it wasn't a skill or hardware issue. I tried for hundreds of hours, but my brain just wasn't built for it. Couldn't even play a basic game like Mirror's Edge Catalyst, which I absolutely kill at on console. Hell, I've gone so far as to custom map a controller to play League of Legends with an off-brand PS3 controller.

You just informed me of using a keyboard layout that players don't use. And you say it's not a skill issue?

What keyboard you even using? Sheez. Different country outside of the UK/U.S or something? Got no idea in that case.

Was on consoles for YEARS, but I'm on PC now and never looking back. Love the customization, modding, and Indy games, but also the console companies got way too entitled.
Bro same! PC is so much better, I always thought it was cool but never expected it to be this amazing. Best decision ever

Although I haven't turned the PlayStation on in awhile, and it's been even longer for the XBox, I play on both console and PC. I don't subscribe to the elitist bullshit from either crowd. I play a game because it's fun, not because of the platform it's associated with.

Most of my game time is sunk into Satisfactory, but I enjoy many types of games. Some favorites are:

* Satisfactory, as previously mentioned. Factorio, and Techtonica
* Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia
* System Shock 2
* Homeworld, StarCraft
* Doom (OG, 2016, and Eternal), Dusk, Amid Evil, Quake, Half-Life series, Ion Fury (boomer shooters)
* SOMA, Amnesia, Pneumbra
* The souls games (Bloodborne, Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Elden Ring)
* Halo, Battlefield (Not Call of Duty)
* Final Fantasy IV, VI, VII, Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve
* Baldur's Gate 3, Divinity: Original Sin
* Helldivers 2
* Both Ori games, Hollow Knight, Ico, Shadow of the Collosus, The Last Guardian
* Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, Spyro, Okami
* Horizon: Zero Dawn, Tomb Raider (Original and new)
* Killer Instinct (1, 2, and 2013. Sabrewulf is my man), Skull Girls, Mortal Kombat

The list goes on.

Games I don't like: Fortnite, Apex Legends, Overwatch, League of Legends, DOTA, etc. Any modern battle royale, moba game, or anything with a monetary battle pass. They're awful and the people who play them usually doubly so. I was very disappointed that Quake Champions took this route. I ❤️ Sorlag

Me and Meg are Playstation gamers. We both playing on PS5 but totally different games. I'm a big fan of Snow Runner and Yakuza Like a Dragon (and Infinite Wealth) she playing Witcher3 Wild Hunt and Sims4 🕹

Seb

Although I haven't turned the PlayStation on in awhile, and it's been even longer for the XBox, I play on both console and PC. I don't subscribe to the elitist bullshit from either crowd. I play a game because it's fun, not because of the platform it's associated with.

Most of my game time is sunk into Satisfactory, but I enjoy many types of games. Some favorites are:

* Satisfactory, as previously mentioned. Factorio, and Techtonica
* Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia
* System Shock 2
* Homeworld, StarCraft
* Doom (OG, 2016, and Eternal), Dusk, Amid Evil, Quake, Half-Life series, Ion Fury (boomer shooters)
* SOMA, Amnesia, Pneumbra
* The souls games (Bloodborne, Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Elden Ring)
* Halo, Battlefield (Not Call of Duty)
* Final Fantasy IV, VI, VII, Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve
* Baldur's Gate 3, Divinity: Original Sin
* Helldivers 2
* Both Ori games, Hollow Knight, Ico, Shadow of the Collosus, The Last Guardian
* Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, Spyro, Okami
* Horizon: Zero Dawn, Tomb Raider (Original and new)
* Killer Instinct (1, 2, and 2013. Sabrewulf is my man), Skull Girls, Mortal Kombat

The list goes on.

Games I don't like: Fortnite, Apex Legends, Overwatch, League of Legends, DOTA, etc. Any modern battle royale, moba game, or anything with a monetary battle pass. They're awful and the people who play them usually doubly so. I was very disappointed that Quake Champions took this route. I ❤️ Sorlag
I'm with you there. I think the whole console wars thing is super dumb. Quite frankly, I also say the same about exclusives, but I understand why they exist.

On the note of ZD, have you had a chance to play Horizon Forbidden West yet?

I'd love to get into PC gaming. I built a good gaming PC, but live in a super small apartment so I have a slapped-together desk that's not all too comfortable to sit at so I stick with my PS5.

I'd love to get into PC gaming. I built a good gaming PC, but live in a super small apartment so I have a slapped-together desk that's not all too comfortable to sit at so I stick with my PS5.
Space can indeed be an issue. I got a roomy room myself.

Mostly it's about height. Let's see here... Length of the table... Almost my entire arm when I stretch it out. Width is... My entire arm from shouder to hand. Can you get that much space? I use half of a dinning room table (still props up).

If not then you might struggle with a good PC setup.

The biggest issues are going to be height and getting a good chair. One with adjustable height.

Overall, I like the performance and options that come with a PC as opposed to a console. Performance wise it's better and with some games it enables you to mod them. However, I've always had a PlayStation and have been a fan of that console.

Back