• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Gun Ownership - NO politics, just "Do you or do you not own a firearm"

Do you legally own a firearm of any kind?

• I own one or more firearms, and am an American

Votes: 402 56.1%
  • I own NO firearms, and am an American

Votes: 112 15.6%
  • I own one or more firearms, and am other than American (Feel free to specify Citizenship)

Votes: 70 9.8%
  • I own NO firearms, and am other than American (Feel free to specify Citizenship)

Votes: 106 14.8%
  • I am not legally able to own a firearm (Feel free to specify reason)

Votes: 26 3.6%

• Total voters
This doesnt happen anymore sadly, but I've bought and still own a few dozen long guns that I purchased from Craigslist.

Back in the day, knowing what search terms to use, and what areas to look in, it was easy to buy, trade, or sell what you wanted on CL.

It still happens if you know how to find a listing, but its a golden snitch at this point

Some grasshoppahs learn wisdom, some don't. Sounds like you did.

I was shot years ago, when I was a witness in a serious crime, and they decided it would be convenient if i was to busy being dead, to be able to testify to their criminal activities. Fortunately it takes more than one bullet to stop me, I drove myself to the hospital, i testified, and when the discussion came up about possible witness protection, I told them I didn't need it, because if they came at me again I would take the first shot. I went out and got a 100 round C mag for my AR, and kept it loaded until it was all over. Thankfully he remained locked up after that, no bail, and I guess he didn't have any friends willing to come after me on his behalf. I still remain armed at pretty much all times now though, because some day he will get out, and if he decides to come visit me, he won't get a warning shot.

Cancel culture tried to cancel me, it did not work! And guess where this guy who did this was from? You guessed it, California....

Remember, switching to your secondary is quicker than reloading.

Not if you speed load, but you have to be well practiced, and it takes a lot of experience to do it properly. Essentially, you keep count of your rounds, say you have a 15 round mag, when you fire the 14th round, meaning the 15th is now in the chamber, you automatically drop the mag, and load the new mag without taking your aim off the target, many military operators are good at this. If you practice a lot, you can sustain fire without a noticeable delay as you reload. it just takes practice.

I was shot years ago, when I was a witness in a serious crime, and they decided it would be convenient if i was to busy being dead, to be able to testify to their criminal activities. Fortunately it takes more than one bullet to stop me, I drove myself to the hospital, i testified, and when the discussion came up about possible witness protection, I told them I didn't need it, because if they came at me again I would take the first shot. I went out and got a 100 round C mag for my AR, and kept it loaded until it was all over. Thankfully he remained locked up after that, no bail, and I guess he didn't have any friends willing to come after me on his behalf. I still remain armed at pretty much all times now though, because some day he will get out, and if he decides to come visit me, he won't get a warning shot.

Cancel culture tried to cancel me, it did not work! And guess where this guy who did this was from? You guessed it, California....
Hey man, glad you survived. You’re a tough sumbitch! It’s a shame we gotta live like that but I support ya man.

Not if you speed load, but you have to be well practiced, and it takes a lot of experience to do it properly. Essentially, you keep count of your rounds, say you have a 15 round mag, when you fire the 14th round, meaning the 15th is now in the chamber, you automatically drop the mag, and load the new mag without taking your aim off the target, many military operators are good at this. If you practice a lot, you can sustain fire without a noticeable delay as you reload. it just takes practice.
Oh I practice this. I was just making a video game reference/joke.

this is true as well. I used to practice reloading my pistol one handed. like if I couldnt use my left or right arm for some reason. fastest time I got I was able to open the slide insert mag and chamber. 7 and a half seconds. ive never been shot, but I have been shot at. more than once.

this is true as well. I used to practice reloading my pistol one handed. like if I couldnt use my left or right arm for some reason. fastest time I got I was able to open the slide insert mag and chamber. 7 and a half seconds. ive never been shot, but I have been shot at. more than once.

If you speed load like i was saying, you never have to rack the slide, because you are reloading while there is still a round in the chamber. hence, no need to pull back the slide, it saves time, saves the extra motion, and keeps you on target, that way if someone is waiting for you to run out, counting your rounds, this throws them off, and if you do stop firing to reload, but with that one round still in the chamber, and they charge, you can still fire if needed.

I was never military, but a lot of my family is or was, as was my father, so you learn a lot of military stuff being exposed to it like that.

If you speed load like i was saying, you never have to rack the slide, because you are reloading while there is still a round in the chamber. hence, no need to pull back the slide, it saves time, saves the extra motion, and keeps you on target.
yeah just sometimes when your swapping rounds with someone it can be easy to loose track of how many you fired. ive pulled the trigger more than once to just a click. reloading with both hands is fast but your right when seconds count if you can keep track it is best to do so.

yeah just sometimes when your swapping rounds with someone it can be easy to loose track of how many you fired. ive pulled the trigger more than once to just a click. reloading with both hands is fast but your right when seconds count if you can keep track it is best to do so.

if you loose count, it means you need more range time and practice, shooting should never be a nervous experience, if it is, you will miss your target, and make mistakes, you need to practice so that shooting at a target is as common to you as buttering a slice of bread, so you don't flinch, don't blink or close your eyes, don't jump from the sound. all of that messed up your aim, and leads to accidents and mistakes, which makes you vulnerable in a fire fight. Even if your just plinking at cans, always count, always try to stop on your last round to reload, make it so much a habit that you do it automatically without even thinking about it. Even scold yourself if you mess up and have to re-rack the slide back, it works!

Believe it or not your subconscious mind will learn the process, and after a while, you will realize your doing it automatically, as if by muscle memory, and such.

if you loose count, it means you need more range time and practice, shooting should never be a nervous experience, if it is, you will miss your target, and make mistakes, you need to practice so that shooting at a target is as common to you as buttering a slice of bread, so you don't flinch, don't blink or close your eyes, don't jump from the sound. all of that messed up your aim, and leads to accidents and mistakes, which makes you vulnerable in a fire fight. Even if your just plinking at cans, always count, always try to stop on your last round to reload, make it so much a habit that you do it automatically without even thinking about it.
ive spent countless hours at the range. but its hard not to let that adrenaline hit and get single focused when the rounds start plinking off your helmet and yes that happened. out on patrol stop to get some chow pretty decent cover then ping right off the helmet. dont know where it came from. how many there are but that Kevlar saved my life. Combat is rarely a calm and collective time. I dont care how much range time you have. bullets start hitting the wall around you you start shooting first and start thinking later. To busy thinking about keeping the people with you alive.

ive spent countless hours at the range. but its hard not to let that adrenaline hit and get single focused when the rounds start plinking off your helmet and yes that happened. out on patrol stop to get some chow pretty decent cover then ping right off the helmet. dont know where it came from. how many there are. Combat is rarely a calm and collective time. I dont care how much range time you have. bullets start hitting the wall around you you start shooting first and start thinking later. To busy thinking about keeping the people with you alive.

Not sure if they do it in all branches, but that's why they do the thing, i forget what its called, but where they do live fire all around you, and then have like 10 people suddenly come up screaming 10 different orders, and you have to focus only on the one from the correct person, without loosing your cool, or freezing up. To simulate the stress of such an environment where everything is going off the rails, and test your ability to maintain control and focus.

AR-15 semi-automatic rifle! A genuine (according to a rather brain-dead law - but I said no politics) Assault Weapon!
lol

Yes, but is it though?

Just because it looks all scary with all that plastic shit they design it with. As this is NOT a place for the politics, I'll just say that I think it's HIGH TIME we arrive at a STANDARD for what constitutes an "Assault Rifle" that ISN'T ooooooo, that looks scary.

One consisting of bullet weight, muzzle velocity, rate of fire, etc.

Not, oh, fuck, that looks scary.

Not sure if they do it in all branches, but that's why they do the thing, i forget what its called, but where they do live fire all around you, and then have like 10 people suddenly come up screaming 10 different orders, and you have to focus only on the one from the correct person, without loosing your cool, or freezing up. To simulate the stress of such an environment where everything is going off the rails, and test your ability to maintain control and focus.
the live fire exercise. yes we do that. crawling under wire with explosions going over and tracer rounds zipping inches over your head. Its meant to de sensitize you. and it works to an extent but you know its not real. its just training and as long as you keep your head down your gonna be ok. the real world. the combat zones. thats an entirely different beast. its hard to explain to those who havent experienced it and honestly i wouldn't really want to. it takes a long time to come back from that if ever. but all the training is just that training. Things very rarely goes as planned. when its real and you see the guy next to you drop all that training goes right out the window. Instinct kicks in and overrides everything

lol

Yes, but is it though?

Just because it looks all scary with all that plastic shit they design it with. As this is NOT a place for the politics, I'll just say that I think it's HIGH TIME we arrive at a STANDARD for what constitutes an "Assault Rifle" that ISN'T ooooooo, that looks scary.

One consisting of bullet weight, muzzle velocity, rate of fire, etc.

Not, oh, fuck, that looks scary.
Ive ALWAYS hated that term. " Assault rifle" theres no such friggin thing. Its no different than the semi auto grandpa uses to hunt with. just looks different. The way they call it an assault rifle would be like me attacking someone with a bat and calling it an assault bat. Its stupid. assault is a verb. its an action. its the person committing the assault not the tool, and thats all a gun is, a tool.

oh, fuck, that looks scary.

So, a howitzer is an assault rifle.
As are:
- Rabid dogs
- Expired milk
- Hospital bills
- Karens

Damn, everything is an assault rifle xD

Ive ALWAYS hated that term. " Assault rifle" theres no such friggin thing. Its no different than the semi auto grandpa uses to hunt with. just looks different. The way they call it an assault rifle would be like me attacking someone with a bat and calling it an assault bat. Its stupid. assault is a verb. its an action. its the person committing the assault not the tool, and thats all a gun is, a tool.
I think you're focusing on the word "Assault" too much there.
The point is that they need to define what qualifies as an "AR". With "AR" being a complete term.

Just like you don't need to quantify the "Cottage" in "Cottage Cheese", nor "Saint" In "Saint Bernard".

Sure, if you pick apart names like that, the individual components of the name may not make sense, but that's just... Eh, pedantic.

That said, the name "Assault Rifle" comes from the German "Sturmgewehr", which is just the name for the rifle's function... To "Sturm" (Assault) enemy positions.

Last edited:
An assault rifle is typically defined as a weapon that is capable of firing more than one round per trigger pull. Meaning that it's capable of firing either full-auto, or in burst fire.

That's why I get irritated when something happens with a stock AR-15 and people sperg out calling it an assault rifle, because they're also under the (wrong) impression of what the "AR" in AR-15 stands for. They obviously think it stands for assault rifle, because they don't know that it actually stands for Armalite Rifle.

So, a howitzer is an assault rifle.
As are:
- Rabid dogs
- Expired milk
- Hospital bills
- Karens

Damn, everything is an assault rifle xD

The point is that they need to define what qualifies as an "AR". With "AR" being a complete term.

Just like you don't need to quantify the "Cottage" in "Cottage Cheese", nor "Saint" In "Saint Bernard".

Sure, if you pick apart names like that, the individual components of the name may not make sense, but that's just... Eh, pedantic.
Yes, in my opinion, the term itself is arbitrary as fuck and completely subjective. Means different shit to literally everyone. Thus, makes no damn sense.

An assault rifle is typically defined as a weapon that is capable of firing more than one round per trigger pull. Meaning that it's capable of firing either full-auto, or in burst fire.

That's why I get irritated when something happens with a stock AR-15 and people sperg out calling it an assault rifle, because they're also under the (wrong) impression of what the "AR" in AR-15 stands for. They obviously think it stands for assault rifle, because they don't know that it actually stands for Armalite Rifle.
lol

YES. EXACTLY.

Big scary hopped up 22.

you know AR doesnt stand for assault rifle right? AR is the brand Armalite rifle. the company that designed the rifle and later sold to colt.

you know AR doesnt stand for assault rifle right? AR is the brand Armalite rifle. the company that designed the rifle and later sold to colt.

I didn't say AR-15. I know that that "A" stands for Armalite.
I used "AR" as abbreviation, twice.

That doesn't invalidate my point that you're focusing too much on a part of the name for a category of weapon.
Pedantics about "Assault" aren't going to win any discussion about what a category of weapon should be called.

Dogdaddy had a much better point about just setting a standard based on weapon specs

Back