Do you let youre dog sleep on the bed with you?

My girl always sleeps in bed with me, usually under the covers with her head on the other pillow (unless it’s really hot, then skip the covers). I love her smell more than anything and any shed hair is more than worth it for snuggles as I fall asleep and snuggles as I wake up. I think she’d think something was wrong if she wasn’t able to be as close as possible at bedtime.

This is his house and his bed! Lol now that hes old enough to hold it hes more than welcome up on the bed. We crate when i have to go work for a few hours, but for overnights he's a wonderful little snuggle bug

If you have a large breed dog do you let him sleep with you on the bed? What about the hair and smell? Does he wake you up in the middle of the night?
Whenever I'm watching my mom's girls, I always let them snuggle with me. My mom throws a fit because the hair, but, the big one (St Bernard/Great Pyrenees/sheepdog mix), has abandonment issues, so I always let her snuggle on the bed with me so she feels happy and comfortable.

I've had dogs sleeping on the bed with me for a long time. It's great they rarely wake me and its only if they really need to go outside. It's sometimes uncomfortable. I have 6 dogs and usually always have at least one sleep with me at night. It can be hard to get room, but they make such great loving cuddlers I deal with being uncomfortable. The smells definitely isn't a problem and if you don't like the hair just do you laundry more often.

There are currently 3 waiting for me in bed so i'll be logging off and joining them shortly but no, smell is not an issue for me because I bathe them often. My Akita is the perfect cuddle bug but my Dutchie will punch me in the face every chance he gets.

I think the idea that some humans dont allow their dogs to sleep on their beds is disgusting tbh, very humanly selfish and degrading to animals. Ive never been able to understand it and never will lol. When I eventually have dog companions, theyll be sleeping in the pack nest like we all do :)

My dog always sleeps with me! Well at least for the first like 20-30 minutes. If the bed gets to hot he will usually move to lay by my feet or just get off the bed entirely but when I first lay down to sleep his head is on the pillow right next to or on top of my own lol. Not always the easiest to fall asleep that way but if he moves I'll usually pass out right away.

I always look forward to going to bed because I know he will be right there to cuddle beside me every night :3 his big 110lb self!

I mean, I wouldn't mind but I already share that bed with my gf and my dog's half great dane so... there wouldn't be much bed left if I did sadly.

I had a black lab growing up. He always sleep in my bed with me. He was a bed hog but he was so warm and cuddly. He would wake me up from time to time having his little howling dreams and kicking me. But he didn’t mean to obviously. I’d just pet and kiss him till he calmed down.

I had a black lab growing up. He always sleep in my bed with me. He was a bed hog but he was so warm and cuddly. He would wake me up from time to time having his little howling dreams and kicking me. But he didn’t mean to obviously. I’d just pet and kiss him till he calmed down.
I do the same with my girl when she has those dreams, she'll usually wake up and realize it's me, lick my face a few times then fall back asleep. It's pretty adorable and I'm not sure if all the time it's nightmares or if it's a good dream but I err on the side of caution and make sure she knows I'm right here.

I do the same with my girl when she has those dreams, she'll usually wake up and realize it's me, lick my face a few times then fall back asleep. It's pretty adorable and I'm not sure if all the time it's nightmares or if it's a good dream but I err on the side of caution and make sure she knows I'm right here.
Exactly. I never knew if those were fearful howls and yips but I’d rather be safe than sorry and save him from a possible nightmare. He would always doze right back to sleep anyways after a few kisses.

When I had Cupcake we always cuddled, he was a German Shepherd so he shed pretty frequently. I was a teen so my mom washed my bedding every other day. I found his smell very arousing, I have one of his blanks that he loved before he passed away that still faintly smells of him or maybe it's just nostalgia.

Our lab sleeps outside during the summer and inside near the fire during winter. He never sleeps with us. He knows that the bedroom is for fun. Our cat sleeps with us.

My bully/pit sleeps with us , and she goes everywhere with me since getting her 7 years ago. Every day we went to work , to job sites, even one day when had to work at state run mental rehab hospital she was there . Lol 😂 ,spent more time having the people asking to meet her then working I think . She definitely is my babygirl

I let my german sheperd (who isn't my partner btw, just my best friend for life) sleep on the bed, and sometimes she gets under the blankets too when it gets too cold even for her. (my house is built a long time ago so the house gets very cold very quickly.)

I love giving her cuddles, its always the best way to fall asleep, and the best way to wake up! with doggy kisses and cuddles!

No normal not but last night i let it happens. After a good playtime on my bed i go to sleep and let my boy with me. In the night he was horny again and whe play again. Thuis was the first time that he sleep in my bethroom

If you accept the dog and the responsibility of ownership then you you should not complain about the smell or fur. They just want to be near you why denied them that pleasure?

My animals have always slept on the bed with me, and more often than not, under the covers too. My bf's dog sleeps on the bed sometimes, but usually gets too hot if we're both there. My cat occasionally snuggles me. Hair is part of the deal when you have furry companions.

I think that there is not a point in welcoming a dog (or other animal) into your life if you would not let them on your couch or bed, and who doesn't love a fun cuddle or a waking up to a dog spinning around

My dogs sleep on the bed with me and we have a little system. I have 2 dogs one pitbull and a germanshepherd/lab mix. My pitbull gets cold really easily so she'll wait for me to get situated and laid down and I have a thicker sherpa like blanket that keeps her warm throughout the night. She'll sleep right next to me and my german/lab likes to lay near the edge of the bed. Both don't have issues with their fur or smell as I groom them quite regularly but for the most part, my pitbull will stay the whole night every night asleep next to me while my german/lab gets off the bed sometime throughout the night.

If you have a large breed dog do you let him sleep with you on the bed? What about the hair and smell? Does he wake you up in the middle of the night?
ive lived with many dogs, none have been mine. Most recently with a big black lab. i wouldnt normally let her in my room mainly due to the hair and stuff. But occassionaly while i was watching youtube we'd snuggle up

I would, but my dog is kind of neurotic. If he's not shut in his crate, he won't sleep properly because he's always pacing, and light sleeping like a cat. Plus then he thinks it's free reign to beg.

Back