Do you let youre dog sleep on the bed with you?

Tom121

Tourist
If you have a large breed dog do you let him sleep with you on the bed? What about the hair and smell? Does he wake you up in the middle of the night?

My dog usually has full reign of the house and chooses to sleep with me. He’s a heavy sleeper, so doesn’t usually wake up if I sleep poorly—because I’m not worried about waking him up in the night, I usually sleep pretty well! I also really like the smell of my doggo, so that’s a plus for me, as long as he hasn’t rolled any anything nasty.

My dog usually has full reign of the house and chooses to sleep with me. He’s a heavy sleeper, so doesn’t usually wake up if I sleep poorly—because I’m not worried about waking him up in the night, I usually sleep pretty well! I also really like the smell of my doggo, so that’s a plus for me, as long as he hasn’t rolled any anything nasty.
Yeah, love the smell of mine to, theres usually 4/5 involved!

I love the smell of my girl😍

Actually I'm waiting to get a new dog but yes - when I was a teenager I slept with my german shepherd in bed. It was my dog and family members knows that he was most obedient to me. I didn't noticed any bad smell while cuddling or play in bed. My dog was washed in every 2weeks, sometimes more often if we went outside in bad weather.

Meg

I have two shepherd dogs and they always sleep in the bed with me.
As far as the hair goes, it is what it is but iv come up with a few clever ways to mitigate it.
Smell is the same thing. It is what it is but to mitigate its as simple as a bath once or so a month.

Everyone sleeps with me. The fur can be vacuumed, the bedding can be shaken out.
I rinse the bedding with plain lukewarm water, I don't want the dog smell to leave it. I've been living this way for 15+ years.
The carpet is only vacuumed. Of course, I wash my clothes properly, in a washing machine, because my body is human and stinks. A dog's body is not stinky, but fragrant.

Mine won’t sleep anywhere else is I’m in the bed. She likes to cuddle for a bit then she’s normally laying with her back to me and watches the door.

No. Any dogs which are there from time to time usually let me sleep on the bed with them. 🤷‍♂️

Exception if there's not enough room. But in that case they have their bed(s), just me poor foxxo has to place whatever serves as a sleeping futon on ground and beforehand move half the room's equipment aside. :ROFLMAO:

Hair? Smell? Really? If hair would be a problem with any of the dogs, then I would've died long ago by suffocation in it.

i like to sleep with my dogs and like a lot their smell!
i have an akita inu and a australian cattle dog, both female. they sleep and cuddle very often with me, they are pretty cute and gentle

now my husky boy doesnt like sleeping with me, lol. sometimes he lay with me in my bed, but after 10 - 20 minutes he just jumps out and sleeps on the floor 🥲

I love sleeping with both my wife and my girlfriend, but sometimes she just makes the bed too hot. We have our cuddle time everyday. She is spoiled rotten.

I sleep with both my labs on the bed, my Goldie will only sleep curled up between my legs (which isn't an issue as I don't move much anyway) and the chocolate claims at least 2 pillows for himself. The smell and fur don't bother me, vacuum and washing machine for that.

My lab has slept on the bed since around 6 months old. She’s almost 4 now. She wouldn’t sleep anywhere else! She doesn’t smell and we have a blanket on the bed to catch most of the hair.

Yes :) and indeed, i use the vacuum cleaner almost every day and i have a blanket on top that he sleeps on

I have a cat, not a dog. But yes, he sleeps in bed with me. Sometimes he sleeps beside me, and other times, he sleeps on me. I kind of find him sleeping ON me a bit cuter.

But yes, if I had a dog, he would sleep in my bed too.

Of course, I don't think my dog has slept anywhere but my bed the past 9 years ive had her. Smell and fur doesn't bother me very much at all.

I don't have a pet now, but if I did, I would definitely let him sleep with me and cuddle with me every night. Hair and smell are good bonuses.

My new lab girl is only ten weeks, and doesn’t have all of her continence yet for that, but once she does she will! The scent of dogs is all part of the gig.

Back