• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Count to ∞!

I'm just saying that if my earthly avatar looks like it came from a Barbie collection, I'm not sure I like the world any more.

Hmm, fortunately we're quite "open world" in this regards. You can change your look like you want, even without destroying the universe. 🤷‍♂️

If only anyone would've told this to Thanos. He might've wished for growing long hair on his skull instead of the utter crap selection he did. :ROFLMAO:

Oof, I nearly gave myself a mini heart attack. I opened up my gaming PC to see if if I have enough SATA cables to install a 3rd hard drive and after confirming that I should, I put the case cover back on, powered it up only for nothing to display on the screen. I kinda froze in my tracks... and even disconnected the power cable for 8 seconds, but I guess somehow the HDMI cable came loose when I was inspecting it, and after pushing it all the way back in it came back up. Sigh of relief.

I'm about maxed out with the 1.5 TB I have in it, so with all this extra gaming I'm doing, I think it's time for an upgrade in storage.

I know that pain.. as it was part of my job several years ago, I regularly built servers and workstations (and occasionally a gaming system for friends). If you're changing the mainboard with all components aside RAM / extension cards and check everything twice, power it on - just to see: no image.. no self-diagnosis visible.. that is stressing.

Once I forgot to plug in the RAM, as it can be hard to mount components after it is plugged in. In this case it's an easy fix. But 20 years ago some mainboards had edged connectors on their outer edges - which were plug in sideways and not well visible from upwards behind as example the HDD cage. If you forgot one of the auxiliary 12V plugs there, it might've not booted. And you check all usual connectors, everything is plugged, still no picture.. :LOL:

Other cases were as example jumpers necessary for SCSI devices prior to Serial-Attached SCSI (SAS), even in IDE devices. Booting up 20 times and wondering "why the heck doesn't the hard drive get detected?!", unscrewing the DVD-ROM and HDD, checking their connectors - just to see that there are actually two jumpers necessary, not just one.

140268 👀

Heck, I was the nerdy kid that always tinkered with computers and electronics. I've Frankensteined so many computers together as a kid. I pretty much always wear an electrostatic wrist strap, even though some people claim they are overkill... after zapping a (rather nice at the time) Soundblaster soundcard which in total fried 2 computers when I was a teen, before I figured out that the sound card was the culprit. I pretty much always wear one now. But, since I wasn't doing much I didn't bother fishing the wrist strap out of the tool drawer. Pretty much the only thing I touched, besides the case, was the SATA wiring to trace it.

Anti-static wrist wraps, hmm. Rarely using those, I just touch a heating radiator on a blank metal piece (it is earthed) or the computers case on a similar blank metal piece while the power plug is put in. You don't charge rapidly while sitting and working with electronics, it's merely foot / shoe movements or clothes movements which charges one.

But I as well fried some self-soldered things in the past while forgetting to discharge / earth myself.

Some smut for the smut lovers - unfortunately under AI there's only very limited amount of actual 69 available to find and most includes pokemon - but still quite realistically generated, as such it's okay:

Director Firewolf - Amaterasu & Loona.jpgDirector Firewolf - Eevee.jpgDirector Firewolf - Pantherine.jpgUnsauceballs - Equine Ponyta.jpg

And they very well could be overkill, but eh... they're like $6. I figure it's better to be safe rather than sorry. $6 is worth the added protection. I got my hands on cheap and free computers as a kid, but they were still pretty rare to come by, and losing 2 of them with one minor mistake really sucked. Plus the Soundblaster card was actually really nice in and of itself.

Beginner numbers.
Well, you'll be happy to know that I'm getting a 4TB Seagate BarraCuda, which in total will add up to 5.5TBs of space minus the amount that has to be sacrificed to the computer gods. Lol. I was going to get the 2TB drive, but hell for $20 more, I might as well get the 4TB drive. I figure that'll be more than enough space for RDR2 and any other future games for a long while.

I figure it's better to be safe rather than sorry. $6 is worth the added protection.

Absolutely. Problematic in my case would be that I actually can touch 230V lines and withstand the electricity as so much as to move away from it. And I work a lot with not body-current-protected solutions, this means they only have line-protecting electrical fuses, not body-protecting blind current protections.

If you are earthing yourself over a wrist band (even more problematic if it's on your left hand, as the heart sits more left sided) and actually touch a circuit even with "just" 60 - 150V DC instead of AC, but which is keeping it's level in difference to ground (and not a battery pole as example), then you would make yourself ways more conductive by wearing such a strap.

It's comparable to touching a Tesla coil being earthed -on- your body. You'll feel the whole current and voltage travel a specific way directly to the earthing connection. And that in many cases is ways worse (for me at least) than to just withstand the 230V AC current myself, which buzzes a bit, but doesn't overtake my muscular signals wholly.

Welcome back, @Mare Lover 1975 ! ❤️
How is your stabby day going so far?

I'm at the moment working on a project which needs to get done.. d'Oh. Aahhhrh.. I need some tea.

Really would love to have the money laying around to buy myself a nice three-story coast villa with a tech laboratory as lower level. Because this would save sooo much time moving from A to B and checking C for tools..

Not drinking alcohol regularly, I hate the taste and texture.
It's just something I bought cheap and which has some adequate quality.

Here's a spoiler which keeps some of my thoughts inside. Not "drunk thoughts", but destructive events.

To express my thoughts: I hate a thing which I name "80% fortune". Goddamn blisterf*beep* of *beep* f*beeeep*ing *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!*.

One develops a plan for the future with his animals.
One is doing everything that's possible, even if it results in unhealthy amounts of time spent.
One is slowly processing forward, keeping bureaucratic areas in order, working regards the goal, even acquiring ways of gaining material.
One works and works, it develops into something well-working and fine.
One reaches around 80% of a finally usable status. There's lots of work and sweat, but it's chilled and in delight.

*Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!*

Each percent it gets moved further, there are unforeseen consequences sprinkled in. Continuously.
Here, have some X, which will ruin your mood by destroying health aspects. Here, get some Y for restless thoughts and worries about living beings which you care about. Here, let Z tear your mood in bloody fleshy stripes by adding unnecessary legal hassles from someone which you did a favor in the past by fixing what was broken by him.

Every
*BEEEEP*
Percent
Brings
Death
And
Losses.
I'll still never stop finishing it. There's only a limited amount of what can get taken and destroyed.
🤷‍♂️

There's just unfortunately.. absolutely nothing which could make it better.

Stay focused on the positives, and just deal with the negatives without letting yourself be overwhelmed by them.
A lot easier said than done, but having an end goal to aim for and lifting those tiny successes on the way could benefit the overall mood when the struggles starts to pile up.

Back