• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Count to ∞!

Since the last 20-30 years Germany unfortunately almost kept up to the US. Partly lower, partly same level.. it's all due to the gigantic amount of wheat flour and refined sugar in all-day-products in absurd masses.

There are some industrial "cakes" (and "cookies", "chocolate", "sugary sweets", "bakery sweets" and so on..) which are all made to 40% out of sugar and 30% wheat flour. That's almost 60% pure carbohydrates (not a mistake - wheat flour isn't 100% carbohydrates in baked products, as such it ends around 60% in total, remaining is mostly fat => improves "hunger" and as such people eat further..) and immensely quick blood sugar rises => insulin release => fat usage gets lower and lower in the body => blood sugar goes down => insulin level stays quite high, body asks for more sugar => circle of doom.

I'm only very slightly overweight at the moment, like 5-8 kg as the stress and pain of the last months was a bit much without "stress relief ways" and that's mostly to eat something. But as body building started again two weeks ago, I'm positive about loosing this before new year mostly.

Last edited:

Yeah, I'm a little overweight myself. I kinda have that "dad bod" look going for me. But thanks to all the walking I'm doing I am keeping the pounds... or rater kilos down. I just don't see how someone could honestly live with themselves day-to-day being so heavy that it not only negatively affects their health but also impacts their ability to move around. I do get that genetics does play a role as well as epigenetics sometimes, but for a lot of people it seems to be pure laziness.

I just don't see how someone could honestly live with themselves day-to-day being so heavy that it not only negatively affects their health but also impacts their ability to move around. I do get that genetics does play a role as well as epigenetics sometimes, but for a lot of people it seems to be pure laziness.

It is. Quite simple: to toss it out of the own comfortable laziness and unhealthy choices for their life, food consumption (as well drinks!), mobility (always car, everywhere with a car = you don't burn much energy physically if there's no alternative sportive activity) and so on.. seems for them easier than to actually look into the reality that their own decisions are the reason.

And the symptoms are not going to get less by keeping the same behavior running further. That's just madness and never works. Sure enough to change something it needs actual changes. And those are mostly uncomfortable, some work, some non-enjoyable things to do or not to do.

But it's still easier to just toss it onto imaginary reasons which they "can't change" and as such comfortably stack away as "can't do sh!t against.. *throws dice* .. genetics.. *throws dice again* .. and my heavy bones.".

Not that hard to lose weight, even without loosing much muscle mass (or even building some with some sportive activities). But it keeps patience and reoccurring focus in mind. Else it's comfortable.. and without changes.

If I would weight as much as that it would influence my mobility badly, that's a no-go for me, direct countermeasures will be taken. But I don't usually wait that long: if it annoys me to see a layer of fat, to get another fat wobble on the belly => do sports, eat less unhealthy, cook often and it will change quite quickly. Three months and it's easily a ways better look.

I'll tell you what isn't healthy...

IMG_20231024_205334.jpg

Grilled turkey based in a half butter / half truffle butter sauce. The butter sauce was warmed up in the microwave and in it I added salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, and thyme. The leg is already precooked, so I'm flipping the leg every 3 to 4 minutes, and then brushing on the butter sauce. Mmm... I can taste it now!

Back