Zooville Feedback and bug reporting thread.

Also, very big hot take here. But can the forum not allow dick-pic profile pictures? I'm talking human dicks (note, I'm a gay dude so it's not like I don't like dicks)

It's just cringy as hell when you browse the forum and see a badly taken dickpic. 90% of the dick-pics are the same too, just a dude lying on a bed, holding a phone at chest height and taking a picture of the dick being held. Also, this is a zoophillia forum, why the fuck do people think they'll get positive attention for them waving their dick in your face.
This conversation has been done to death already. I'd have to go digging to find the thread, but it's floating around somewhere. While I agree with your sentiments, the consensus is "Ain't gonna happen."

So I now use dick-pic avatars as a sort of "filter" - a self-made statement of precisely how the person using one wants to be thought of - Namely: "Yep, I'm a low/no-class shitbag that you don't even want to bother speaking to", and immediately dump them into the bin as not worth bothering to even say hello to, never mind trying to have a conversation with.

Also, very big hot take here. But can the forum not allow dick-pic profile pictures? I'm talking human dicks (note, I'm a gay dude so it's not like I don't like dicks)

It's just cringy as hell when you browse the forum and see a badly taken dickpic. 90% of the dick-pics are the same too, just a dude lying on a bed, holding a phone at chest height and taking a picture of the dick being held. Also, this is a zoophillia forum, why the fuck do people think they'll get positive attention for them waving their dick in your face.
Yet another reason to love true adblock plus on pre-quantum firefox. The ability individually block specific images.

Yet another reason to love true adblock plus on pre-quantum firefox. The ability individually block specific images.
You can also just use Opera Browser with Adblock Plus. I tested it with a few avatars just now including yours. All I have to do is right click your profile and select "Block Element" then BAM! Your avatar disappears.

I'd argue that Opera is just as good if not better than FireFox in many regards, as long as you're on a credible VPN.

I've noticed a lot of random question Mark's at the end of posts. Multiple sections and threads from different people and posts that didn't need or require one but bam, question mark.
Don't know if this a thing for other people but something I noticed today.

I've noticed a lot of random question Mark's at the end of posts. Multiple sections and threads from different people and posts that didn't need or require one but bam, question mark.
An example post might be helpful, but it sounds like just a font issue on your PC/browser. Missing or unknown characters will usually display as a question mark, irregular quote marks or other punctuation are often culprits which would explain their appearance at the end of posts.

I believe it was after the latest update. They ended up changing a lot of the emoticons. So if the title of the thread had one of these old emoticons it seems to have changed to "??" It also messed up my signature as "paws" and "feet" turned into "??" I disliked the new emoticons so I just spelled it out.

@dartel Here's a likely example.
207.jpg
The "??" Used to be flag emoticons, but after the last update it changed.

Last edited:
On the user profile page it would be nice to have an expanded list of identities beyond Twitter, Facebook, and Skype. I don't use any of those but they should stay in case others do (skype? really??), but Signal, Telegram, Threema, Riot, WhatsApp, Discord, etc. would be helpful.

Edit: the longer I think about this, the more I believe that having skype and facebook as options presents a security risk, especially to novice zoos. Each of those has potential to reveal far too much personal info they don't intend to share.

Is it just me or is video playback/download bugged right now? I stumbled upon quite a few videos in the past hour I can neither play nor download or can only watch the first minute before it aborts. Example:
Been seeing similar for the last couple of days - any posted vid either never plays, plays for a few seconds then dies, or when an attempt is made to download it, Safari gets started, then almost immediately stops, reporting "The network connection was lost", usually after actually downloading a total of ('scuse me while I go get the exact number... There it is) The last three I tried to download all managed to transfer the same 174K before being stopped. (They all show various expected sizes, ranging from 3 megs to 10.5 megs)

All of them showing 174K getting transferred before aborting strongly suggests to me that the initial handshake is happening like it should, then the server is timing out for some reason that, without further information, can only be guessed at.

Been seeing similar for the last couple of days - any posted vid either never plays, plays for a few seconds then dies, or when an attempt is made to download it, Safari gets started, then almost immediately stops, reporting "The network connection was lost", usually after actually downloading a total of ('scuse me while I go get the exact number... There it is) The last three I tried to download all managed to transfer the same 174K before being stopped. (They all show various expected sizes, ranging from 3 megs to 10.5 megs)

All of them showing 174K getting transferred before aborting strongly suggests to me that the initial handshake is happening like it should, then the server is timing out for some reason that, without further information, can only be guessed at.
I've also been having download issues with a different browser... I can only download media if it's embedded in the post. The attachment links seem to prevent any kind of download. Is that intended, and if not, is there a way to resolve the issue?

Been having trouble loading images on the site for the last few days. I can see thumbnails if the post includes them but if I click the thumbnail it never loads. Opening the image from the thumbnail in a new tab only loads 10-20% of the image before failing. If an an image is in the post (no thumbnail) I can see the broken image icon with the filename only.

Any chance of getting an AI powered image parser installed on the site so that people can set a "no nudity" option on avatar photos. So sick of having to adblock all the dick pic avatars.

Any chance of getting an AI powered image parser installed on the site so that people can set a "no nudity" option on avatar photos. So sick of having to adblock all the dick pic avatars.
Just do what I do: hover on handle, wait for popup, tap the ignore button, dick-pic avatar gone. Along with the user, who proclaims himself by his choice of avatar.

Hi all, took a few attempts to get the site to appear, was getting some kind of holding page, worried the site was gone.. like for ever!! A few reloads and the normal site appeared. Just a glitch in the matrix perhaps. Tor on Windoze.

Some sorta glitch, can't access direct thur browser last 10 hrs.
Something called 'nginx' pops up.
Only way I could login was thur an old proton mail.

Hi all, took a few attempts to get the site to appear, was getting some kind of holding page, worried the site was gone.. like for ever!! A few reloads and the normal site appeared. Just a glitch in the matrix perhaps. Tor on Windoze.
Some sorta glitch, can't access direct thur browser last 10 hrs.
Something called 'nginx' pops up.
Only way I could login was thur an old proton mail.
Yes, we're having issues at the moment. We know what's causing the issue, but it's going to take some time to resolve it.

someone from another site told me that a DNS host blocked zooville.org and this propagated throughout the whole internet.
zooville.org had to switch IPs (I think) and this takes some time to propagate again.
nginx was probably set up to reverse-dns zooville.org to the old IP?
Dunno, but its back up again, strange staff hasn't mentioned it yet.

someone from another site told me that a DNS host blocked zooville.org and this propagated throughout the whole internet.
zooville.org had to switch IPs (I think) and this takes some time to propagate again.
nginx was probably set up to reverse-dns zooville.org to the old IP?
Dunno, but its back up again, strange staff hasn't mentioned it yet.

I agree, it was sorta out of the blue but glad it's back up again.

Looks to be back now - had some weird behavior for a while.

Had to reload, reload, reload, reload, reload AHA! There's the page. Click something. Reload n times before it appears. Hit reply, get the "You have to be logged in..." notification. Uhhh... I AM logged in, or at least, it looks like I am. Try logging in anyway. Popup: "You must have cookies enabled..." notice. Uh... So far as I can figure out, I DO have cookies enabled. Login attempt fails before it even begins. Lather, rinse, repeat. Gave up and walked away for a while, came back, still the same, but getting twitched sideways to "www.zoovilleforum.com". Still "you must have cookies enabled..." immediately after hitting "log in", and can't get to the login page. Walk away again. Now, here I am, apparently back.

We are sorry about the DNS issue, zooville.org domain name is temporarily down but zoovilleforum.com will be the remaining domain until we are able to address the DNS issue.

No data was lost, and nothing was leaked or harmed server side. This was strictly a domain name issue.

So sad to see we have to constantly battle against intolerant shitheads who try taking animal lovers (and bestiality....) forums down.

Back