• Country

• Rock

• Heavy Metal

• Pop

• Rap

• Hip-Hop

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
not all zoos like heavy music ... but yeah, it does seem like the vast majority do.
i'm still disappointed there aren't more options in the poll.

just one voice for quieter music. i don't _hate_ louder music, but i have to be in the mood for it. music with a mix of synths and "normal" instruments is usually my preferred -- stuff like radiohead, for example. my tastes swing away from the middle of that spectrum, though -- sometimes i like stuff that's all synths (i grew up in the 80s loving synthpop like howard jones, thompson twins, tears for fears, the police, peter gabriel, etc.; also electronica/ambient/techno stuff, particularly the future sound of london, the orb, orbital, underworld, aphex twin, etc.), and sometimes i like stuff that's all more typical rock instruments (drums/guitar/bass; stuff like R.E.M., toad the wet sprocket, david sylvian, talk talk, etc.). all that said, it's the mellow stuff that tends to grab my attention more than the louder stuff, though.

music is one of my biggest interests so i like to think im open to a lot of genres, and for the most part i am, even if about a third of my playlist is completely unlistenable to anyone without severe adhd.

funny, i feel the same way about my music (maybe minus the adhd part .. i'm honestly not sure what kind of person it takes to like some of the stuff i do). not a punk fan, but i'm with you in regards to feeling like there aren't many people into the same music.

I normally dont fool with these things, especially when there is not a "WHAT, is you CRAZY?" option.

But how in HELL can you even think about a music poll with no "Blues" option.
In my opinion( never had a humble one to date, I know), there is The Blues, and then there is everything else.

None of the listed poll options. I listen to alternative and progressive rock. Sigur Ros is my usual go to. Also love the Cafe Del Mar collection. Lo Fi is perfect background music as well.

The TL: DR answer is:
I hear everything so far except, Rap/Hiphop, 'Musikantenstadl' if german music and i don't like anything related to Elvis Presley.
However if I have to choose, Genre of choice is: Techno(dubstep), Rock.

If I have to list everything I'll be here all day. I primarily listen to and love heavy groove/death/prog metal bands like Gojira, Mastodon, Mushroomhead, Machinehead etc. Special mentions: Korn, Rammstein, Slaughter to Prevail, Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse. I also love classic metal bands like Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer. I love classic Grunge and alt. Rock bands like Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Audioslave, Soundgarden etc. I also enjoy Trance music like Kashmyr, Infected Mushroom etc. I also like composers like Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, Bach, Haydn and Chopin. Anything with real instruments in it I guess.

just a curiosity question what type of music/bands do you like?

personally it swings it can be metal to the classic bands on the 60s through too the 80's and from there to electronic music

how about you?

I'm all over the place but mostly rock weather it be classic, metal, or alternative doesn't matter to me. I've got multiple favorites ranging from pink floyd to Nirvana all the way to System of a Down.

Back