Gun Ownership - NO politics, just "Do you or do you not own a firearm"

Do you legally own a firearm of any kind?

• I own one or more firearms, and am an American

Votes: 368 56.9%
  • I own NO firearms, and am an American

Votes: 98 15.1%
  • I own one or more firearms, and am other than American (Feel free to specify Citizenship)

Votes: 60 9.3%
  • I own NO firearms, and am other than American (Feel free to specify Citizenship)

Votes: 98 15.1%
  • I am not legally able to own a firearm (Feel free to specify reason)

Votes: 23 3.6%

• Total voters
I also have thing for big-ass hunting knives. Don't know why, but I've acquired several different styles over the years with blades over 10 inches. I have a few really nice ones, but this cheap one I've had for years is one of my favorites. Good hefty feel and nice balance. I keep it razor sharp.
"Heh, that's not a knife... THAT'S a knife!" 🤠

bigassknife.jpg

Last edited:
I also have thing for big-ass hunting knives. Don't know why, but I've acquired several different styles over the years in with blades over 10 inches. I have a few really nice ones, but this cheap one I've had for years is one of my favorites. Good hefty feel and nice balance. I keep it razor sharp.

View attachment 376600
I've never been able to keep 'em straight - is that pattern a Bowie, or "Arkansas Toothpick"?

Reactions: IHO
I also have thing for big-ass hunting knives. Don't know why, but I've acquired several different styles over the years in with blades over 10 inches. I have a few really nice ones, but this cheap one I've had for years is one of my favorites. Good hefty feel and nice balance. I keep it razor sharp.

View attachment 376600
You need a kukri.😛
Check out cold steel for not so hand made but not so cheap blades to add to your collection.

Bowie. The Arkansas Toothpick is usually more like a dagger and often double-edged.
OK, closer to a dirk, then. My knowledge of knife patterns is pretty well limited to being able to recognize an Uncle Henry or Buck lockback versus the blade on a Leatherman :)

This is primarily aimed (pun not intended - just one of life's happy little accidents :) ) at Americans, but absolutely feel free to jump in no matter what your citizenship.

Not looking for "guns good/bad/scary/evil/life-savers/etc" stuff - Just curious, assuming you're willing to share, as to whether YOU LEGALLY OWN one or more firearms.

For purposes of this poll, when I say legally own, I mean you are legally allowed to have one in the jurisdiction you call home, and the one you have, if any, is legally yours - not borrowed, rented, or most especially, stolen.

I'll start it out by answering Yes, I do own one or more firearms, and am an American.

I'll expand a bit to note that I possess a concealed carry license, and routinely go armed with a revolver, as well as owning long guns, including a <GASP! Can't you just feel the evil sweating out of the next few words?> AR-15 semi-automatic rifle! A genuine (according to a rather brain-dead law - but I said no politics) Assault Weapon!
Some people should not own firearms… I know myself to be this way. Like going to the range and renting and shooting. But, I should not have a gun in the house.

Some people should not own firearms… I know myself to be this way. Like going to the range and renting and shooting. But, I should not have a gun in the house.
That's your/their option. Good on ya for making that choice. Someone not confident in their ability to safely have a gun around the house probably shouldn't. It's hard to do someone unintended/undeserved/inappropriate damage with a gun you don't have. I, of course, fall on the "I choose to be armed, and am comfy packing heat" side of the scale.

Love your pfp…

You might appreciate the cornhole boards I made
Never been much of an Iron Maiden fan (A selected few of their tunes turn my crank, but mostly I count that "flavor" of music to be obnoxious noise) but Eddie is hard to mistake. Always have liked that "cute little birdy", though, even clear back in '75 when I first laid eyes on it. If you were to guess, based on my avatar, you'd be correct in guessing that I heartily approve of the three gents from the Great White North. 40 years of rock-n-roll with barely a clinker to be found... Miss ya, Neil!

Never been much of an Iron Maiden fan (A selected few of their tunes turn my crank, but mostly I count that "flavor" of music to be obnoxious noise) but Eddie is hard to mistake. Always have liked that "cute little birdy", though, even clear back in '75 when I first laid eyes on it. If you were to guess, based on my avatar, you'd be correct in guessing that I heartily approve of the three gents from the Great White North. 40 years of rock-n-roll with barely a clinker to be found... Miss ya, Neil!
Been a big Rush fan since 1978… but when picking vinyl overlays for the boards had to find album art work that fit. Picked the two best ones…2112 didn’t look as good in vinyl but it was my first choice.

Can't own a gun. I sold pot as a yng man. Class 4 felony, and a few misdemeanors. Go figure, my state now sells it, and I seldom smoke it.

Yeah, but i don't do much shooting anymore, it's just got kinda boring. I like things with a lot of kick, 12 gauge turkey shot (eh... not like i'll ever use it for that), .45-70 are my favs. It ain't fun unless you're feeling the fun.
I used up half of my friend's .45-70 last time we went out shooting, and felt bad enough to pay him for it, despite his objections.
I do carry my keltec sub 2k, stowed away in my pack, for looong hiking trips. For shorter ones, a machete or tomahawk. Both also useful for straight bushwacking.
There's moose and bears and mountain lions up here. I'd never kill something unless it's my life against it's, but when it comes to that, i won't hesitate... hopefully.

I may get into black powder to see if that can reignite any interest. I do like how artsy it can be...

If there wasn't so much red tape and hoops to jump through to own a firearm in my country (Australia) I would like to own at least one. Ideally a Colt Python revolver. It's always been a favourite of mine ever since I first saw it in the video game Half-Life when I was a child. Unfortunately, gun ownership in my country is too much of a hassle for me to want to bother with it.

I also have thing for big-ass hunting knives. Don't know why, but I've acquired several different styles over the years with blades over 10 inches. I have a few really nice ones, but this cheap one I've had for years is one of my favorites. Good hefty feel and nice balance. I keep it razor sharp.
\
Yeah, i've been finding myself getting more into hand based weapons over guns myself.
There's just something a lot more satisfying when it comes to building knife and tool skills over firearm skills.
And man, the artistry, skill and passion that goes into them some of them blows any gun well out of the water.
Namely... swords!
1682702406713.png

Black powder arms were great. Ornate, personalized, filled with emotional weight, but the newer generation of firearms has turned so much to mass production that it has lost it all.

Last edited:
Yeah, i've been finding myself getting more into hand based weapons over guns myself.
There's just something a lot more satisfying when it comes to building knife and tool skills over firearm skills.
And man, the artistry, skill and passion that goes into them some of them blows any gun well out of the water.
Namely... swords!
View attachment 387657

Black powder arms were great. Ornate, personalized, filled with emotional weight, but the newer generation of firearms has turned so much to mass production that it has lost it all.
Largely because it’s a lot easier to make a bad gun. A sword can still function if it’s dull, but a gun which jams won’t. Don’t get me wrong though, I think guns are beautiful in a different way, and nowadays in terms of function it’s not much of a comparison.

U.S. citizen here (and a Texan, no less!) and I do not own any items whose primary function is that of a weapon (besides my bare hands, like Chuck Norris). Honestly, I don't think I have anything that's worth enough to warrant defending with a weapon.

3 (1).jpg

U.S. citizen here (and a Texan, no less!) and I do not own any items whose primary function is that of a weapon (besides my bare hands, like Chuck Norris). Honestly, I don't think I have anything that's worth enough to warrant defending with a weapon.

View attachment 391190
Personal being is enough. With out that nothing else can happen in the monetary or materialistic sense. For you or family.

Back