does the urge of being a Zoophile go away when you grow older?

Yeah I was reading a great CMV post on reddit just last night and they raised a few interesting points. One perspective that had never occurred to me before that they raised was that allowing zoophilia and bestiality on a societal level could potentially result in more widespread abuse of animals given that many animals are already being neglected or mistreated in non-sexual ways as it is. Not everyone necessarily loves and respects animals and values their wellbeing over sexual interest or fetishization of them. I don't have any authority on this matter because I'm so new to thinking about zoophilia, but based on what I've read it does seem to take a fair bit of attunement, sensitivity, awareness and knowledge to assess whether or not an animal is truly consenting or not being harmed or trained/goaded into sexual activity.

So this person argued that perhaps the cultural taboo and revulsion might actually be helpful to an extent in being somewhat protective of animals and discouraging people from engaging with them.

Regardless of whether this person is right or not, I'm taking away that that I'm finding it harder and harder to pinpoint a specific reason why zoophilia can't be conducted in an ethical, non-harmful way for animals given the proper knowledge, awareness and guidelines. I'm also finding it hard to pinpoint specific reasons why engaging in zoophilia is "inherently wrong" as many people say. Conversations don't seem to get past the emotional, gut reaction level people have to zoophilia so I'm grateful spaces like Zooville exist to explore these ideas.
Cultural taboo and revulsion of zoophilia have nothing to do with protection of animals. I know a coworker that would kick his dog in front of people. Everyone stayed silent and his friends would laugh, except for me who told him he was abusing his animal and I didn’t find it amusing. These people are the same people that would have been revulsed at black people daying white people. They are taught to revulse anything that is outside their comfort zone or familiarity end of story. It’s a sort of superiority complex that somewhat lies in religion. I’m right, you’re wrong- but not only are you wrong but you are not human therefore treating your actions and you less than human is okay.

I found out about my feelings when I was 14 and it's been another 14 years so... yeah it's still here despite my best effort to suppress it.

I'm on a journey of being more authentic to myself and weirdly enough it's brought me back into contact with these feelings. I will admit my bias right now is towards wanting to make these feelings go away or control them because it's just... so taboo, but I recognize that much of the negative feelings are because of culture, society and religion. If I remove those influences I'm finding it hard to think of zoophilia and bestiality as an inherent "crime against nature" if done so in a loving, gentle, careful manner instead of as a kink, fetish or treating the animal as a living sex toy.

Curious to learn more about all this stuff though :)
Many of us, including myself, have been on this very same "journey", and many have come to realize that there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with our activities, as long as, like you say: "it is done so in a loving, gentle, careful manner".

Here's to hoping you complete your journey soon and start enjoying life and love with your Zoo companion. 🐕

Yeah I was reading a great CMV post on reddit just last night and they raised a few interesting points. One perspective that had never occurred to me before that they raised was that allowing zoophilia and bestiality on a societal level could potentially result in more widespread abuse of animals given that many animals are already being neglected or mistreated in non-sexual ways as it is. Not everyone necessarily loves and respects animals and values their wellbeing over sexual interest or fetishization of them. I don't have any authority on this matter because I'm so new to thinking about zoophilia, but based on what I've read it does seem to take a fair bit of attunement, sensitivity, awareness and knowledge to assess whether or not an animal is truly consenting or not being harmed or trained/goaded into sexual activity.

So this person argued that perhaps the cultural taboo and revulsion might actually be helpful to an extent in being somewhat protective of animals and discouraging people from engaging with them.

Regardless of whether this person is right or not, I'm taking away that that I'm finding it harder and harder to pinpoint a specific reason why zoophilia can't be conducted in an ethical, non-harmful way for animals given the proper knowledge, awareness and guidelines. I'm also finding it hard to pinpoint specific reasons why engaging in zoophilia is "inherently wrong" as many people say. Conversations don't seem to get past the emotional, gut reaction level people have to zoophilia so I'm grateful spaces like Zooville exist to explore these ideas.

Let me tell you why it is hard to find rational reasons why society is so negative to zoophilia.....because there aren't any they can admit to. As an example, I am raising a pet lamb in hopes that we will someday be intimate. She is a meat (hair) sheep and is now 9 months old. If she had not lost her mother at birth, she would have been slaughtered almost 6 months ago. The same goes for some of my other animals.

The best they can do is to claim animals cannot consent. I have always wanted to put these morons in a stall with a mare in raging heat! It is bullshit because they cannot tell you their real reasons.

Don't worry about things getting worse for "livestock" animals...it can't get worse, especially with modern CAFOs (concentrated animal feeding operations}. Cows, sheep, pigs and goats can all make wonderful pets. And this has to be avoided by zoning and a host of other obstacles. Found an orphan wild animal? In most stated you cannot own it or even care for it!

Why all these restrictions? Because if people got to know these animals, they would be less likely to eat their flesh, or support hunting them, and that would be bad for businesses of many types.

Forget religious reasons, forget "welfare" arguments, and forget wild stories about all the venereal diseases you can catch from animals. It is about the money...always about the fucking money!

Let me tell you why it is hard to find rational reasons why society is so negative to zoophilia.....because there aren't any they can admit to. As an example, I am raising a pet lamb in hopes that we will someday be intimate. She is a meat (hair) sheep and is now 9 months old. If she had not lost her mother at birth, she would have been slaughtered almost 6 months ago. The same goes for some of my other animals.

The best they can do is to claim animals cannot consent. I have always wanted to put these morons in a stall with a mare in raging heat! It is bullshit because they cannot tell you their real reasons.

Don't worry about things getting worse for "livestock" animals...it can't get worse, especially with modern CAFOs (concentrated animal feeding operations}. Cows, sheep, pigs and goats can all make wonderful pets. And this has to be avoided by zoning and a host of other obstacles. Found an orphan wild animal? In most stated you cannot own it or even care for it!

Why all these restrictions? Because if people got to know these animals, they would be less likely to eat their flesh, or support hunting them, and that would be bad for businesses of many types.

Forget religious reasons, forget "welfare" arguments, and forget wild stories about all the venereal diseases you can catch from animals. It is about the money...always about the fucking money!
Wow this is a fascinating perspective thank you so much for sharing it!!

I had been thinking all day about like... why? Hypothetically speaking who stands to gain from criminalizing consensual intimacy with animals?

Well if you're having consensual intimacy with an animal, then it implies respect of agency and boundaries and wellbeing of the animal at a very high level. It'd be hard to not generalize that to all living creatures and animals. Who doesn't give a shit about the wellbeing of living creatures and animals? Well. There are a lot of industries that profit from non-consensual violence and rape of many types of animals. I don't think I need to name them.

Thank you a ton Old Zoo. I appreciate the wisdom <3

Wow this is a fascinating perspective thank you so much for sharing it!!

I had been thinking all day about like... why? Hypothetically speaking who stands to gain from criminalizing consensual intimacy with animals?

Well if you're having consensual intimacy with an animal, then it implies respect of agency and boundaries and wellbeing of the animal at a very high level. It'd be hard to not generalize that to all living creatures and animals. Who doesn't give a shit about the wellbeing of living creatures and animals? Well. There are a lot of industries that profit from non-consensual violence and rape of many types of animals. I don't think I need to name them.

Thank you a ton Old Zoo. I appreciate the wisdom <3

Exactly! What they do is called projection.

I am just very happy to have someone who understands my reasoning. I have spent a lifetime thinking about such issues. I also work on animal welfare issues not related to zoo. It is nearly impossible to get laws passed because the industry is paranoid about the "slippery slope". They all have secrets they don't want the public to know. For some extreme examples, read up on foie gras, or veal calves, or the "punta" method of slaughter used in Hispanic countries, or Kosher methods of slaughter, or dropping lobsters into boiling water or a thousand other sins. Then tell us zoos that we are the bad guys!

And then reconsider their bitching about animals not being able to consent! If they really cared about a mare consenting, could they ever explain how they hobble them up to force them to accept a stud with raging hormones intent on rape? Or could they explain AI? Money is the true explanation.

Now in times gone by, there were yet other reasons for such discrimination against non-reproductive sex. Kings needed more subjects to pay taxes, or that they could send to war, and if the peasants were out happily boning cows, that was not going to get it done!

And all this presupposes that we have moved beyond religion with its ridiculous books of rules and taboos created by ordinary men in antiquity but prescribed to God's divine wishes. When I was a kid, my Sunday School teacher explained patiently to me that animals do not feel pain. I knew then that they were making it up as they went! I never went back.

Sadly, most people buy all this crap. I call BULLSHIT on it all!

Beautifully said and yes this is exactly as it is with me. You put how I feel into words.
Thank you, Very happy that it speaks to you. I really tried to put my feelings, I tend to work on instinct a lot and try to understand what's going on with others people or animals.

I am also reassured to know that I am not the only one to have gone through this kind of ordeal. :gsd_love:

It is different for everyone. For me it started in my teens I tried to move past it many times but all ways came back to it. I am in my 50s now and jest recently accepted that it is who I am after came across this site realized I was not alone.

IMO I don;t think the urge diminishes. If anything, it increases. The problem is finding a partner that would share in the lifestyle.

The great thing about being older is sharing your enthusiasm and knowledge and helping others who have zoo feelings, and seek the thrills that come with it, safely into this world.

I remember that before I was 10 years old I felt a special kind of admiration for some dogs. In adolescence I realized that this admiration was actually attraction.

Today I am 31 and I am more zoo than ever.

For me, zoosexuality is innate. In my college years, the focus was very much on the sexual aspect, but that has changed now. It's not as much an urge to be a zoosexual, but a matter of different priorities and a more profound kind of love and attraction. I still love the sex if it happens, but I'm ok if there is no opportunity.

Getting older. Grew up in the south always wishing I could bottom but suppressed while I was young so that I could keep a large friends circle. Now I'm old and basically no friends circle (getting old sucks like that). Straight marriage means very little bottoming (I don't cheat on her, and she's a good sport but only tops me once in a while). Fast forward I came out, told her not only am I bi, I'm also zoo. She wants a dog anyway, and is ok with keeping him natural so I can get banged on the regular instead of only special occasions. She gets her pet, I get dicked, the dog gets to keep his balls and have a nice friend to drain them into, everyone wins. If anything getting older allowed me to finally embrace who I really am.

Getting older. Grew up in the south always wishing I could bottom but suppressed while I was young so that I could keep a large friends circle. Now I'm old and basically no friends circle (getting old sucks like that). Straight marriage means very little bottoming (I don't cheat on her, and she's a good sport but only tops me once in a while). Fast forward I came out, told her not only am I bi, I'm also zoo. She wants a dog anyway, and is ok with keeping him natural so I can get banged on the regular instead of only special occasions. She gets her pet, I get dicked, the dog gets to keep his balls and have a nice friend to drain them into, everyone wins. If anything getting older allowed me to finally embrace who I really am.
You lucky bastard! Good for you!!!

I'm so very happy to hear this... 🐕

I tried to suppress it for over 20 years but in the last few days I decided to stop fighting and accept it, I knew it was never going away. I hasn't been long but I can say so far that I feel like a much happier person for it.

Yeah as I age, I find myself longing for companionship more, I'm tired of the rat race. I just want companionship that comes with no strings you know, not "intimacy only if you do XXX or provide YYY".
I very much agree with you on this. A very strong point you make. And for me there is so much more that comes along with being committed to a Zoo exclusive relationship. For me, it's not just the sex. It's also about the companionship, at a level that other humans often don't bring to the table. Loyalty, unconditional love, support, and unwavering affection.

My only wish around this is that, I wish I was Zoo exclusive from the very beginning. I say this because, through all of the disappointments that human lovers have bestowed upon me, my dogs were always steadfast. Such dedication is rare in a human/human relationship.

My 2¢... 🐕

I began jerking off strays when I was underage. A lot of time has passed and I'm just getting more and more comfortable with it. So, basically the opposite of what yous asking

Personally I feel like as we get older we are more secure about who we are and care less what others think about our preference. Image is important to some so they have to play the part in certain circles. Which is understandable, I am happy being zoo and it is who I am. I love my animals and that's all there is to it.

First realized my interests as a teen and I'm now in my 40s and the urge/desires are still here. When I was younger, I was in a relationship with a non zoo and had to suppress those interests, which made it difficult living a somewhat double life. I made a decision at that point to not hide that part of me in future relationships and was fortunate to find a partner who is open to it. I agree with Meaty that we become more secure in ourselves as we grow up and I think that hopefully leads us to be ourselves more and be able to embrace our preferences more freely.

Different folks fall under the "zoo" header for various reasons, I'm only going to talk about what I am familiar with and let others explain their perspectives.

I have always had an affinity for non-humans and when I reached puberty it seemed perfectly normal to me to explore that. I happened to live on a farm at the time, so I explored with the animals I knew and was familiar with. At the time, never having had a relationship with a human I just assumed that when I found a girlfriend I'd forget about it, but that was not the case for me. I had a number of variously unsuccessful relationships where I would try to forget my feelings about non-humans, but I was never able to be satisfied nor happy in such relationships.
After about a decade of trying and failing to make human relationships work, but inevitably always going back to or thinking about non-humans I spent some time soul searching and I started to accept that it wasn't a fault of anyone else, nor was it my fault, just an incompatibility and I stopped trying to shoehorn myself into relationships where I would never be happy (and ultimately, make my partner unhappy).

It's been many decades that I've sought relationships with non-humans. In that time I have outlived a few partners and deal with the sorrow and loss, but I always end up with another dog because sex or not, life is better with a dog than without.

I believe the current science suggests that for many zoos this seems to be something baked into us before puberty, I feel that is the case with me. If I could change it I certainly would because while I love my doggy partners deeply, it sure would be nice to grow old with a loved one instead of loving and losing them over and over. It's a blessing and a curse, to love another so much. Its certainly never relented.
That's probably the most accurate description of the zoo excl. life I've ever read. As you've said, it's both a blessing and a curse but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Did you ever have a theory on what it was that determines whether or not we become zoos? As you mentioned, it's definitely an affinity that's "baked into us."

As I'm getting near to 40 years since I started to see dogs in a different way, the feelings are stronger and I'm more open to let people know about the deep affection I have for my dogs (not in a sexual way, that's nobody's business). Sexually, I'm just afraid about male dogs not finding me attractive enough to consider me a sexual partner, when I get really old.

Different folks fall under the "zoo" header for various reasons, I'm only going to talk about what I am familiar with and let others explain their perspectives.

I have always had an affinity for non-humans and when I reached puberty it seemed perfectly normal to me to explore that. I happened to live on a farm at the time, so I explored with the animals I knew and was familiar with. At the time, never having had a relationship with a human I just assumed that when I found a girlfriend I'd forget about it, but that was not the case for me. I had a number of variously unsuccessful relationships where I would try to forget my feelings about non-humans, but I was never able to be satisfied nor happy in such relationships.
After about a decade of trying and failing to make human relationships work, but inevitably always going back to or thinking about non-humans I spent some time soul searching and I started to accept that it wasn't a fault of anyone else, nor was it my fault, just an incompatibility and I stopped trying to shoehorn myself into relationships where I would never be happy (and ultimately, make my partner unhappy).

It's been many decades that I've sought relationships with non-humans. In that time I have outlived a few partners and deal with the sorrow and loss, but I always end up with another dog because sex or not, life is better with a dog than without.

I believe the current science suggests that for many zoos this seems to be something baked into us before puberty, I feel that is the case with me. If I could change it I certainly would because while I love my doggy partners deeply, it sure would be nice to grow old with a loved one instead of loving and losing them over and over. It's a blessing and a curse, to love another so much. Its certainly never relented.
Great points

That's probably the most accurate description of the zoo excl. life I've ever read. As you've said, it's both a blessing and a curse but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Did you ever have a theory on what it was that determines whether or not we become zoos? As you mentioned, it's definitely an affinity that's "baked into us."

I've got ideas and opinions, but not a lot of facts. We really need some good studies on bestiality or to be included in some of the data collection. For example, it would have been fantastic if questions about bestiality had been included in some of the twins studies. We know there's a strong genetic link for homosexuality, but it's not a guarantee; I'd expect much the same for zoophilia, but it's just a guess without data.

I've got ideas and opinions, but not a lot of facts. We really need some good studies on bestiality or to be included in some of the data collection. For example, it would have been fantastic if questions about bestiality had been included in some of the twins studies. We know there's a strong genetic link for homosexuality, but it's not a guarantee; I'd expect much the same for zoophilia, but it's just a guess without data.
I'm really keen to see what the results of that Sigmund Freud study tell. Judging by their questions though they're heavily biased and seem to think all zoos are some freaks that live shamefully in the shadows and that we were all molested as children. So tired of hearing that crap, I think a large portion of people here had a pretty "normal" childhood. I definitely think there's some more logical explanation that we just haven't figured out yet.

Back