Do you think zoo will ever be accepted?

In a perfect world, which we do not live in, that would be great. Unfortunately not everything is so simple, even though there are so many who genuinely enjoy expressing love to their animals, that will never be enough to change laws or society's view on it. Especially since there are already so many other forms of social injustice going on, this isn't even on the list for many people.

It’s unrealistic to say it’ll never happen ever. The world is full of endless possibilities, and time does a number on things.

Will acceptance come in this lifetime? Hell no. All of us alive right now are just gonna have to make the most of the situation. It may sound tough for some of y’all, but you get used to it eventually. Just gotta learn to stop caring about what society thinks and live your life in private with your partners.

But give it a few hundred thousand years (If the human race still exists by then) and things might change. The world is moving faster and getting more and more hectic by the days. And like I said, there are endless possibilities. Life is rarely straightforward and simple.

I mean both socially and legally, I'm really insecure about my whole attraction to animals thing but I just kinda hope one day people will see we're not animals pin not intended
Sadly I do not. While there are some non zoos like myself that see nothing wrong with it, the vast majority or the populous in western civilization will be against it age over. Even while religion is losing ground and more people than ever are becoming atheists, the beliefs western society holds on to is still heavily remnant on years of the religious believes being so ingrained into society norms that even if the christian religion itself loses ground, the brain washing will not.
Take for instance one of my best friends. He is zoo, and spent some time living with his sister. His sister is about as far from being religious as you can get. At one point my friend told his sister he was zoo. She laughed and shrugged and "oh whatever". Time went on and he ended up having to live at her house.
But when he said he wanted to get a dog!
Oh hell no, you ain't getting no dog, not in my house. I know what you would be doing with that dog.

Being in the non zoo world myself, and seeing everything through the windows and hearing the conversations of the average non zoo at the slightest mention of humans having sex with an animal, I don't think it will happen, at least not in the life time of anyone currently alive.

As sad as this may sound, I honestly think you will see pedophilia normalized before zoophilia.
Like I tell my zoo friends, my best advice would be to simply keep your door shut!
Why do you want everyone to know anyway?
I am very kinky with a woman in the bedroom, but I have no desire to make the whole of society knowledgeable of what my kinks are. That is private between myself and the woman I am with and I have no reason to let others know what those kinks between her and I are, and that is even with the consideration that my kinks are completely legal, and commonly talked about in normie life.

And even if zoophilia is made non illegal in the places where it is illegal currently, it will still not be accepted and the law will still get you on some sort of animal abuse charges just as it has always done prior to so many states making it illegal.

As the old quote goes, "what they don't know, won't hurt you", along with "don't ask, don't tell".

Just my little outside the window input there. Take it or leave it.

As sad as this may sound, I honestly think you will see pedophilia normalized before zoophilia.
Strongly disagree. Society cares a lot more about the wellbeing of children than animals from what I’ve seen. I mean, just look at the meat industry. Look at how carefree people are about literally castrating their pets. Animal shelters have some pretty shitty conditions. Ever seen a child be killed just because they were the wrong “breed” of child in the wrong state (referring to pit bulls being illegal in many states)? Would a child be killed for biting someone out of self-defense, or locked up in tiny enclosures and put on display for other creatures to gawk at? If they were put through any of that, you think it would be a normalized and socially acceptable thing?

I mean, I know there’s this weird double standard where female pedos seem to get a free pass, but even that’s slowly starting to go away as more people are realizing how fucked up it is. Waaaay more people will shrug their shoulders at people diddling dogs than children. At least from what I’ve seen.

Anywho, I agree with the rest of your post.

I think anyone who harms a child should have severe consequences (and no I'm not talking about spanking, I mean literally beating or worse). I fully support the death penalty for pedos, like why is that even a controversial thing? This whole bullshit of "they can change!", the fuck they can. Pedophilia will never be normalized and honestly, I'll be one of those people who would gladly stand in the way of that. Fuck these people being allowed to have "normal" lives after the shit they do, they deserve to rot.

I don't think zoo stuff will ever be publicly accepted, do I think it'll be less shock value in the future? Yes. But there will always be a large portion of society that looks down upon it.

Strongly disagree. Society cares a lot more about the wellbeing of children than animals from what I’ve seen. I mean, just look at the meat industry. Look at how carefree people are about literally castrating their pets. Animal shelters have some pretty shitty conditions. Ever seen a child be killed just because they were the wrong “breed” of child in the wrong state (referring to pit bulls being illegal in many states)? Would a child be killed for biting someone out of self-defense, or locked up in tiny enclosures and put on display for other creatures to gawk at? If they were put through any of that, you think it would be a normalized and socially acceptable thing?

I mean, I know there’s this weird double standard where female pedos seem to get a free pass, but even that’s slowly starting to go away as more people are realizing how fucked up it is. Waaaay more people will shrug their shoulders at people diddling dogs than children. At least from what I’ve seen.

Actually, JF, Kids around this benighted World are subject to treatment We would NOT knowingly tolerate in the US or Western Europe. Brutality has a remarkable prevalence even in our more enlightened times.There are places where a dog might catch more breaks than a child, usually when a child is female. And brutality is often as institutional as racism and all the other evils that go unnoticed by the people who benefit from the Status Quo. We are not likely to see any real relaxation of attitudes on bestiality, no matter what pretty names we give it, any more than pedophilia will ever be allowable in the western world. Pointing at that as being a more loathsome hobby than boinking a critter doesn't change the basic unacceptability of our Issues among the mundanes. We here are never going to see those two things as similar in any way, but when it boils out, what we think makes no difference. Its what the Mundanes think that does. Pointing out the differences has been tried for years, but the rest of the world ain't buying. The Net brought us a notoriety, in place of our earlier wide obscurity. As long as the Net exists, we cannot reacquire that. Not a chance. Our only chance of being left alone is privacy. Strengthen that, and the mundanes may begin to see a lawsuit or two on invasive grounds, or at least a threat bigger than we pose. Child molesters pretty much deserve what they get, but still, we need to realize that advocating for severe penalties MAY just come back to haunt us.

This was not written to call you out, because you think pretty much as I do. Nor was it written to excuse the practices of those loathed most by the people of human society. As I said above, they deserve what they get.
This just happened to be a useful opening.

All this would be assuming that the people against zoophilia were against it for rational reasons. Mostly it is the christer mentality that is ingrained in society. There is no logic behind it, it is only belief based because the bible says don't do it. But look how many catholic priests have been diddling little boys and have simply been moved to another church and gotten off Scott free from it.

I hope I am wrong. This is just my take on it.

Actually, JF, Kids around this benighted World are subject to treatment We would NOT knowingly tolerate in the US or Western Europe. Brutality has a remarkable prevalence even in our more enlightened times.There are places where a dog might catch more breaks than a child, usually when a child is female. And brutality is often as institutional as racism and all the other evils that go unnoticed by the people who benefit from the Status Quo. We are not likely to see any real relaxation of attitudes on bestiality, no matter what pretty names we give it, any more than pedophilia will ever be allowable in the western world. Pointing at that as being a more loathsome hobby than boinking a critter doesn't change the basic unacceptability of our Issues among the mundanes. We here are never going to see those two things as similar in any way, but when it boils out, what we think makes no difference. Its what the Mundanes think that does. Pointing out the differences has been tried for years, but the rest of the world ain't buying. The Net brought us a notoriety, in place of our earlier wide obscurity. As long as the Net exists, we cannot reacquire that. Not a chance. Our only chance of being left alone is privacy. Strengthen that, and the mundanes may begin to see a lawsuit or two on invasive grounds, or at least a threat bigger than we pose. Child molesters pretty much deserve what they get, but still, we need to realize that advocating for severe penalties MAY just come back to haunt us.

This was not written to call you out, because you think pretty much as I do. Nor was it written to excuse the practices of those loathed most by the people of human society. As I said above, they deserve what they get.
Have to agree with you on pretty much everything you said there.

I agree with pretty much everything here. I was mostly speaking from my own experience in the Western world and seeing peoples’ reactions to zoophilia compared to pedophilia. Of course I don’t believe we’re going to see much real leeway given to zoos in the near future just cause we’re “better than pedos”, I was just disagreeing with the original sentiment that hypothetically if one were to be “accepted” before the other, pedos of all paraphilias would be. I obviously can’t really speak for the rest of the world, so I probably should have clarified that I was just speaking in regards to Western society, lol. In other societies? Yeah, his idea may be true unfortunately.

It’s unrealistic to say it’ll never happen ever. The world is full of endless possibilities, and time does a number on things.

Will acceptance come in this lifetime? Hell no. All of us alive right now are just gonna have to make the most of the situation. It may sound tough for some of y’all, but you get used to it eventually. Just gotta learn to stop caring about what society thinks and live your life in private with your partners.

But give it a few hundred thousand years (If the human race still exists by then) and things might change. The world is moving faster and getting more and more hectic by the days. And like I said, there are endless possibilities. Life is rarely straightforward and simple.
It also depends on what you mean with "acceptance". If you mean it can be expressed openly and without shame then that's a definite 'no'. But I do think it can become tolerated. That it's no longer illegal as long as the animal isn't harmed. I would think they would put sex under the same category as work animals and so the same standards apply to it.

In our lifetimes, it would be a Hail Mary. However, it depends on what gets “meme-d” in the next generation. Many millennials grew up with Mr. Hands as the joke to show your friends. I’m sure that awoke quite a few young’uns sexuality. In addition, it was always joked that the desperate guys who couldn’t get girls would put peanutbutter on their dick and let their dog lick it off. I know one or two guys got caught like that in our school district.

Even if none of us get it normalized, in the history of time there have always been people attracted to animals, and it just depends on what that grouping of people decide to do with it.

Will they form a group and manage to tack it on with LGBT stuff? Will they try to form a political party to make it more normalized? Run a deep web campaign so more people are seeing it and realize that many Zoos are out there? Who knows. It’s a possibility for the future for sure. All I know for now is that every time something even jokingly related to Zoo gets posted online, someone will call it cursed or insult the poster. It’s not happening any time soon.

I hope it comes around. I think there is a compassionate and loving way this can be done, and I think there is powerful acceptance and understanding in a lot of people. I just don't know when that kind of change would happen, or what outcry would start the ball rolling. I reminds me of how homosexuality was thought of. Not that it is not still shunned in places, but it is way more accepted than it was. Would be nice to have actual communal meetups with people, meet likeminded people, maybe start a relationship. That would be very freeing I think, but sadly probably not going to be happening in the short term. Not unless we elect Tilda Swinton president, I have a suspicion about her :p

I could see it maybe being accepted as a fantasy, but acting on it will probably be rejected way past the lifetimes of anyone alive today. Yet the rodeo is probably also here to stay beyond all our lifetimes, speaking as someone from the western US (where it's a HUGE thing)

As long as the old blue haired women of society have self appointed themselves as stewards of the rules of how they think everyone else should live their lives there is about a snow ball's chance in hell that zoo will ever be accepted.

Short answer and honest answer......................................no!

Not that its on topic, but whats Rodeo got to do with it? Our little hobby has never been accepted anywhere. Ignored, yes, but accepted, no. The current "witchhunting" is a product of the Information Highway passing Ghost towns no one really had noticed in the past. Theres no such thing as Information Bleach, all net joking aside. We asked for it, we got it. We'll continue to get it for the entire future of human existence. There is no way to go back, and no path forward to "Acceptance". I wish I was wrong. I'm not.

I was just saying it goes to show the double standards of how society doesn't care about animals except for rejecting zoo. A lot of absolute barbarism happens at the rodeo, and I have been to more than one and seen it for myself, so don't go there.

Last edited:
We don't know, I can only point out that gay marriage in the states wasn't legal not that long ago... so, within our lifetime? maybe not... eventually possible? maybe so...

I was just saying it goes to show the double standards of how society doesn't care about animals except for rejecting zoo. A lot of absolute barbarism happens at the rodeo, and I have been to more than one and seen it for myself, so don't go there.
Dude....I think perhaps we should go there, so your statement doesnt escalate into bullshit in a hurry. I WORK Rodeo as a member and a volunteer. Ive seen an occasional roped Calf die from a broken neck but it isnt normal, and if it happens regularly with a roper or team, they get disqualified in a hot hurry. The Stock suppliers are not interested in dead stock. Im not sure what you mean by barbarism, nor do I know what Rodeos youve seen. Some of the locals havent had a great reputation in the past. Texas Ropers used to be known for tying the end of a riata to the saddlehorn as opposed to those of us who use a Dally, which slides on itself. The difference is....when a calf hits the end of a dallied Rope, it slows him down slowly. The tied rope can break a neck. THAT CALF may not know what hit him....death is fast and painless....but NO ONE ON A RODEO wants dead stock...not the Cowboy, not the judges, not the stock supplier, and especially not the audience. Fact is, far more humans are injured every year than livestock. High Schools all over the west participate in various levels of Rodeo....they always need hands....go work one for a while...What you see is not necessarily what you think youre seeing.
You should have been around a couple years ago when a tie down roper made his throw. The calf hit the end of the rope as the Pony dug his heels in....there was a sound like a .32-20 gunshot as the riata parted, the roper came out of his saddle on one shoulder, and from there to the Hospital to patch the breaks. That calf scampered out of the arena like his ass was burnt, but otherwise unharmed. He's still in use as a steer by the stock supplier.

Last edited:
Though I fantasize about the day it might happen, Nope, absolutely will never be legalized and eventually will become illegal in all 50 states including possession of porn. Only a matter of time.

Anyone who thinks otherwise lives in a fantasy inside their head.

The fear of being prosecuted being lifted is all that I want really. Let people live their lives, and decide to whom they share the personal side of their lives with.
We don't want zoo-pride parades and more insufferable crap like that do we? I'm gay and can't stand this diversity hire, what-you-want-to-put-your-penis-needs-to-be-public thing.

Can’t see how gay marriage is connected to zoo
Both situations are a question of the legality of loving someone. I would think that they should be quite easily connectible issues... i mean ffs Simpsons made the connection in an episode. The connection isn't under question.

Both situations are a question of the legality of loving someone. I would think that they should be quite easily connectible issues... i mean ffs Simpsons made the connection in an episode. The connection isn't under question.
Not to mention that a lot of the seething anti-gay groups make the connection between homosexuality and zoo as part of their rhetoric. In fact doing that is part of what gets an anti-gay group designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center (they don't list groups that merely view homosexuality as a sin or oppose gay marriage, but they do list ones that compare it to pedophilia and/or zoo)

I'm not sure I agree with @Gregory that zoo's going to someday be full on like pedophilia where even possessing zoo porn will be illegal. I hope not, anyway. I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before zoo acts get criminalized in all 50 states, but I'm not sure it'll go quite that far. If it does, hopefully drawn stuff will at least still be legal. Call me a hypocrite, but I think loli porn should be banned...

And @saddlebum66 I've been to the Rodeo de Santa Fe, as well as a few state and county fair rodeos, and while I haven't seen any animals get killed, I have seen them get hurt.

Back