2022 Sigmund Freud University Vienna Zoophilia Study.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an extremely biased study. It clearly implies that Zoos are flawed or mentally disturbed in some way. Like what's up with the questions about becoming characters in a novel? Are they wondering if we're schizophrenic or delusional? I got around 65% of the way through the test and quit. I recommend no one else participate.
I understand they assume there may be a correlation between zoos, abuse, mental issues, and the study is trying to determinate if that is based.

Honestly, be it cause or consequence, there IS (like in every large group) a number of insane persons in it, schizophenic included, but many depresion and what not. In many cases the animals come as a close, honest relationship (some may call it substitutive, I would not).

Still, possibly by its own nature, nothing comparable with the furry fandom when it comes to insanity types piled together.

Thing is... If the "sane" people here do not participate, and the only input is from the rest. What do you think the study portrait will show? 🤔

Well... I don't think they are really interested in our relationship with animals. They're psychologists, after all, and I think that they're more interested on how our minds work than how zoosexuality works. :unsure:
That's why they seem to be more interested in how we feel about ourselves, or if we hate other humans, and so on...
With this, I'm not saying that this study is totally pointless, but it shows only a little part of what we'd like to show to people who doesn't understand us...
I fully agree with you.

I understand they assume there may be a correlation between zoos, abuse, mental issues, and the study is trying to determinate if that is based.

Honestly, be it cause or consequence, there IS (like in every large group) a number of insane persons in it, schizophenic included, but many depresion and what not. In many cases the animals come as a close, honest relationship (some may call it substitutive, I would not).

Still, possibly by its own nature, nothing comparable with the furry fandom when it comes to insanity types piled together.

Thing is... If the "sane" people here do not participate, and the only input is from the rest. What do you think the study portrait will show? 🤔

Frankly, why do you (or I, or ANYONE that isn't the standard wanker trying to score some kind of online brownie points by finding something "extreme" to claim to be) give a shit? Let 'em do their studies. Let 'em come up with whatever conclusions they like. Then come ask me what difference it's going to make in how I live my life. Or better yet, save yourself the effort - I'll tell you right here and now: No matter what they come up with, I won't be changing how I live regardless of what conclusions they might reach. I need nobody's validation.

Frankly, why do you (or I, or ANYONE that isn't the standard wanker trying to score some kind of online brownie points by finding something "extreme" to claim to be) give a shit? Let 'em do their studies. Let 'em come up with whatever conclusions they like. Then come ask me what difference it's going to make in how I live my life. Or better yet, save yourself the effort - I'll tell you right here and now: No matter what they come up with, I won't be changing how I live regardless of what conclusions they might reach. I need nobody's validation.
In the end, yes, quite like that.

Still, if thing one day go horribly wrong, I'd like to be able to present few more or less serious studies that can confuse judge and jury by adding doubts and factors tobthe usual "just a crazy pervert" image

I am aware it is much like covering from gunfire behind an empty barrel. Still, any port in an storm.

Problem being, all studies up to now are more centered in "finding the trauma behind it" or "what mental dysfunction is associated to this"

Done and done.

They ask similar questions to make sure they get a real solid feeling about what you are writing, if you are actually reading the question, and if you are responding truthfully compared to your other answers.
I agrée theses studies have many nuances and they ask seemingly repetitive questions. Just take your time to answer as honest as possible.

It was an interesting survey. Like others have pointed out, there are many repeating questions. I think they just wanted to be sure of our answers :unsure:
That’s all you can do, answer honestly, I’m glad it’s being done. Sigmund knew we were sexually charged creatures hiding behind civil garments.

im glad this study is being done too. maybe a proper study will make people realize zoophile shouldn't be looked at as a taboo.
I agree I’m glad it’s putting some light on the subject and it will hopefully get more people visiting this site.

I often asked myself this question and if it would be enjoyable without it being a taboo. To be honest I don’t want people to know what we’re into, I just don’t want it be a crime. I would be interested if they made another study comparing how zoo sexual people treat their dogs compared to some people out there.

The University of Sigmund Freud University Vienna is conducting an anonymous zoophilia study using an online survey that will take no more than 30 minutes to complete.

Here is the link: https://onlinebefragungen.sfu.ac.at/Zoophilia2023/

Research staff:

Birgit U. Stetina
Armin Klaps
Lisa Emmett - Lead Researcher

Zooville.org has been in conversation and has verified that the study is legitimate with a proper letter of intent of using this forum as a survey base. If possible, we highly suggest that you conduct the survey as truthfully as possible and within your margins of personal anonymity. Scientific research into our sexual orientation is always welcomed, and I am glad to have aided them in opening up Zooville to them.

The Letter of Intent is posted below.

View attachment 360716

Best Regards,
ZTHorse
Well if it help people then fine I'll do it

Oh interesting, I know the university and they are legit.
Gonna participate as well, I'm curious what the results will be.

I feel like I answered a good chunk of questions more than once. The language of some questions was slightly altered; but ultimately asking the same thing. It got tiring the longer I took the study.
The reason for the altered language, in essence asking the same question in a different way, is to ensure honesty of the answers, and not simply ticking off down the line.
You would have noticed that the same question required a different answer when altered.

Complete. Terrible study design, I must say. As other have noticed, the overlap and repeat of questions with different language was hackneyed. Ambiguous questions up front needed more definition. Could have more easily and more accurately built a response profile with single form aspects, rather than multiple/combined forms.

Complete. Terrible study design, I must say. As other have noticed, the overlap and repeat of questions with different language was hackneyed. Ambiguous questions up front needed more definition. Could have more easily and more accurately built a response profile with single form aspects, rather than multiple/combined forms.
Oh, Agent Starling… do you think you can dissect me with this blunt little tool?

😎 Could not resist it...

A lot of the questions appear to be for any sex survey. Other questions have no meaning for me, such as the ones about diseases. I just wanted to say that us zoos seldom have to worry about such problems. They ought to let us submit the questions.

A lot of the questions appear to be for any sex survey. Other questions have no meaning for me, such as the ones about diseases. I just wanted to say that us zoos seldom have to worry about such problems. They ought to let us submit the questions.
That might be seen as trying to bias the results, but I agree some of the question did not really fit when speaking about partners outside of your own species. But that was due in part because of badly phrased things that were not open ended so the respondent could clarify their answer, to insure the right information was being given. Rather than being forced to choose a response that didn't actual reflect reality or the way the respondent thought, it was just the best answer of the options available.

Yeah, and the more freedom one has to answer in a nuanced way, the harder it is to tabulate the responses.
Ah but every living thing on the planet works in nuanced ways. If only we all worked in 0's and 1's making statistics would be easy. :gsd_grin:

I take your point though, open ended questions can be harder to quantify into usable data, but on the other side of the equation such questions can reveal patterns that weren't originally being looked for, but become apparent if a number people answer similarly.

eg:
Does your dog like tennis balls? (yes/no) This is easy to quantify and get a number from.

Does your dog like tennis balls?
responses:
He only likes green ones not yellow ones.
Yes he does.
She likes some tennis ball colours but not all tennis balls.
Yes, but he is not allowed to have them, he eats them.
Rocky has a favourite green tennis ball he can't live without, it goes everywhere with him.
No she prefers her squeaky toy.
Only if their green.

From this you get both a number of dogs that like tennis balls, but also that dogs generally seem to like green tennis balls best. Possibly because Green means go. :gsd_wink:

Ah but every living thing on the planet works in nuanced ways. If only we all worked in 0's and 1's making statistics would be easy. :gsd_grin:

I take your point though, open ended questions can be harder to quantify into usable data, but on the other side of the equation such questions can reveal patterns that weren't originally being looked for, but become apparent if a number people answer similarly.

eg:
Does your dog like tennis balls? (yes/no) This is easy to quantify and get a number from.

Does your dog like tennis balls?
responses:
He only likes green ones not yellow ones.
Yes he does.
She likes some tennis ball colours but not all tennis balls.
Yes, but he is not allowed to have them, he eats them.
Rocky has a favourite green tennis ball he can't live without, it goes everywhere with him.
No she prefers her squeaky toy.
Only if their green.

From this you get both a number of dogs that like tennis balls, but also that dogs generally seem to like green tennis balls best. Possibly because Green means go. :gsd_wink:
Yes, I agree completely, and given how many people are completely baffled or disgusted with our imagined behavior, they could use some clues. But here you must wonder about the true reason for the study. Is it the thirst for knowledge; or to prove an hypothesis; or to produce something that helps the creator gain a doctorate; or to add an accomplishment to someone's resume, etc. Some of the possible motivations have nothing to do with finding the truth, and free form responses would simply mean additional effort to accomplish the goal.

Yes, I agree completely, and given how many people are completely baffled or disgusted with our imagined behavior, they could use some clues. But here you must wonder about the true reason for the study. Is it the thirst for knowledge; or to prove an hypothesis; or to produce something that helps the creator gain a doctorate; or to add an accomplishment to someone's resume, etc. Some of the possible motivations have nothing to do with finding the truth, and free form responses would simply mean additional effort to accomplish the goal.
Well getting your white paper count up does look impressive on your resume, yes there are many reasons this sort of research might be undertaken apart from the most altruistic search for knowledge and understanding. It could even be used to search for things to attack us with, or try and prove we are abusive people that need even tougher laws and regulations to protect animals from us.

We only ever have hope that the research is being done for a greater understanding. But not participating would only mean nothing can be revealed to help build factual knowledge of the sexuality. Thus we fill these blasted things in when ever someone takes some vaguely legitimate looking interest in our direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back