• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

What's The Last Movie you've watched?

Caught Licorice Pizza to wrap up seeing the Best PIcture nominees before the Oscars. *beah*

Had a big movie-thon the night before last and these were the titles watched:

zeAZTPxV5xZRNEX3rZotnsp7IVo.jpg
4YwmVcQyXxiOPqp5oaLkGkkwm9g.jpg

West Side Story (2021), West Side Story (1961)

fc43c3eb23861482a5ee8e5e47d83489.jpg
MV5BNDMyODU3ODk3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDc1ODkwNjE@._V1_.jpg

The Red Shoes (1948), Magic Mike XXL (2015)

MV5BOTI4NDhhNGEtZjQxZC00ZTRmLThmZTctOGJmY2ZlOTc0ZGY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
MV5BNGJlMTVlYWQtYmM5OC00MDgwLTk3NzAtMGViY2VjOGU0YjlkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Nightmare Alley (2021), Titane (2021)

World Trigger, but as it's a season of 73 x around 20 minutes, it will take a while, even watching it in 1,75x speed. 🤷‍♂️

And then there's season 2 and 3 to follow up.

I almost said Captain America: Civil War since I started actually watching all the Marvel stuff a little bit back because my friends had all seen most of the films.

But a few hours ago I watched Digimon Adventure: Our War Game because I temporarily abandoned the MCU because I decided that I wanted to relieve a major part of my childhood and began binging the first season ~4 days ago.

I almost said Captain America: Civil War since I started actually watching all the Marvel stuff a little bit back because my friends had all seen most of the films.

But a few hours ago I watched Digimon Adventure: Our War Game because I temporarily abandoned the MCU because I decided that I wanted to relieve a major part of my childhood and began binging the first season ~4 days ago.
I've never watched digimon but there was trailer for a new digimon game that had me intrigued

just the trailer on 4 and there might be a 5 in the works after
OH... Well that's a let-down :( #4 was originally supposed to be released March 2021, but the covid pushed back the release. 5 was filmed either during/alongside the filming of 4, or immediately after, or both, and there was talk that it would be released in 2023, though I haven't heard anything "official" about it since the pushback of 4's release date. Last thing I heard was that they were planning on releasing 4 in May this year.

The last movie (if you can call it one) that I watched was a 3h long training/health and safety film about temporary ground markings.

Sounds positively riveting. Know if there are any plans for a sequel? Kinda wanna know if it's gonna be a whole franchise thing before I get into it.
There are two parts both about 3h long and I have to watch them every 2 years for work. Also it’s very riveting, if you define riveting as feeling after about 30mins in, like you want to put actual rivets in your eyes so you don’t have to keep watching.

There are two parts both about 3h long and I have to watch them every 2 years for work. Also it’s very riveting, if you define riveting as feeling after about 30mins in, like you want to put actual rivets in your eyes so you don’t have to keep watching.
Get outta my head, you! It's only zoned for a single occupant :)

did a little rewatch of Darkest Hour. Great

This and "Dunkirk" are two truly great movies. This was Britain's war at that point. The Poles had Charged the German Tanks ahorseback, and were laughed at....all the while buying time for the Polish Airforce to get their machines out. Brave men making desperate moves. They went down fighting. Churchill went to great lengths to live up to that bravery, of Britons and their Allies. My mother was a fifteen year-old Scots girl, watching and wondering what her world had come to. A few years later she was in the Royal Navy. She revered Churchill til the day she died.

it's amazing to watch all of these well done films all centered around the same events, and then align pieces of them together: the characters, their actions, the historical record, etc. Watch The King's Speech. Darkest Hour, Dunkirk, Saving Private Ryan, and Fury all in one weekend and you'll get a massive taste for WWII Europe, with overlap and meaning from each feeding one another. And it breathes life into history lessons, as well as how to look at conflict in our modern world.

it's amazing to watch all of these well done films all centered around the same events, and then align pieces of them together: the characters, their actions, the historical record, etc. Watch The King's Speech. Darkest Hour, Dunkirk, Saving Private Ryan, and Fury all in one weekend and you'll get a massive taste for WWII Europe, with overlap and meaning from each feeding one another. And it breathes life into history lessons, as well as how to look at conflict in our modern world.
I grew up with it, Pardner. Of the bunch, Ryan is my least favorite, and its a great flick. Mom always felt that EDWARD 8th shortened his brother's life by years, by that abdication mess

This and "Dunkirk" are two truly great movies. This was Britain's war at that point. The Poles had Charged the German Tanks ahorseback, and were laughed at....all the while buying time for the Polish Airforce to get their machines out. Brave men making desperate moves. They went down fighting. Churchill went to great lengths to live up to that bravery, of Britons and their Allies. My mother was a fifteen year-old Scots girl, watching and wondering what her world had come to. A few years later she was in the Royal Navy. She revered Churchill til the day she died.
The Poles charging tanks is actually a myth. They did use horseback cavalry, yes. The battle the story originates from, they charged against German infantry and even succeeded in driving them back. However, they were driven off by machine gun fire from German armored cars, not tanks. German and Italian propaganda created the myth.

The Poles charging tanks is actually a myth. They did use horseback cavalry, yes. The battle the story originates from, they charged against German infantry and even succeeded in driving them back. However, they were driven off by machine gun fire from German armored cars, not tanks. German and Italian propaganda created the myth.
It isnt a myth, Bud.They did make the charge. There were few survivors, but there WERE some. It was a delaying tactic....and it did delay the Germans. The propaganda value came from the eighty years or so of laughter. And from the Denial of The Polish Armed Forces request to march in the Victory Parades. No one wanted to offend Stalin.

There is film footage of the Cavalry assault. There is also this....when the Poles made that ride, the Gernans were confident of victory...rightly....but so confident they let an Enigma Machine slip into the hands of Polish Intel.The machine still exists, but not in the possession of whom you'd think.😉

It isnt a myth, Bud.They did make the charge. There were few survivors, but there WERE some. It was a delaying tactic....and it did delay the Germans. The propaganda value came from the eighty years or so of laughter. And from the Denial of The Polish Armed Forces request to march in the Victory Parades. No one wanted to offend Stalin.

There is film footage of the Cavalry assault. There is also this....when the Poles made that ride, the Gernans were confident of victory...rightly....but so confident they let an Enigma Machine slip into the hands of Polish Intel.The machine still exists, but not in the possession of whom you'd think.😉
I didn't say the charge didn't happen, because the charge itself did happen. They didn't charge tanks though. There weren't even any German Tanks on the battlefield when they charged. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cha...90s,being reorganized into motorized brigades.

Back