• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Veterinarian here: ask me anything!

@Deagle113 ,
Long time listener first time caller. I know house cats are way too small to accommodate a human. But what about a horny cougar obviously with some time working with larger and larger dildos to stretch her out a bit.
If she minded at any point I think you would read about it in the papers.
But during heat cougars are quite horny so I wonder if its possible.

@Deagle113 ,
Long time listener first time caller. I know house cats are way too small to accommodate a human. But what about a horny cougar obviously with some time working with larger and larger dildos to stretch her out a bit.
If she minded at any point I think you would read about it in the papers.
But during heat cougars are quite horny so I wonder if its possible.
My first thought was women called ’cougars’ 😁

@Deagle113 ,
I have a membership to my local zoo and also know the head vet there, but the only thing I've done with cougars is bottle feed adorable kittens--speculation time!

I could find any good examples of collecting sperm from a male cougar, but there's an excellent techniques paper about Jaguars out of Sao Paulo with photos that goes into how to cryopreserve semen -- which is super important for saving our endangered species! When they pull things back you can see that the penis itself it roughly half the size of a gloved human finger. Feline vaginal canals are long and narrow to accommodate the unique shape of the male feline penis. (I learned a bunch about big cats in the course of reading a bunch of wildlife research for this question, including that pumas and jaguars have rather tiny barbs rather than the 180 or so impressive ones domestic cats have, and south American Margays have none at all -- the evolution of penile barbs varies across the cat families! Neat, huh?)

Female Jaguars weigh 110-180 pounds on average. Female cougars weight up to 120 pounds maximum. Although body size doesn't always predict penis size (looking at you, Chihuahuas), with Jaguars being the size they are, I'm thinking the math doesn't add up for accommodating humans in all but really big cats like lions or tigers.

Tenho uma dúvida: preciso esperar alguns dias para ter relações sexuais com meu cachorro depois que ele for vacinado contra a raiva?

I have a question: do I need to wait a few days to have sex with my dog after he has been vaccinated against rabies?

Last edited:
Tenho uma dúvida: preciso esperar alguns dias para ter relações sexuais com meu cachorro depois que ele for vacinado contra a raiva?
“Do I need to wait a few days to have sex with my dog after he has been vaccinated for rabies?”

Nope, rabies vaccination has no effect on inter species intimacy and no cautions on that front that I can give you other than have fun and keep your vaccinations up to date! ❤️

In fact, Humans and dogs share a whole lot of the beneficial bacterial microbiome with each other—you already contain dog specific bacteria in and on you if living in close proximity to one, and vice versa!
Ooo, sharing beneficial bacteria with my dog is hot! (sorry couldn't resist!)😁

There are many different kinds of allergy, and tons of potential causes for rashes -- it's a complex thing to work up! Could be food, could be a variety of other things, including mild superficial bacterial disturbances in the skin. Without knowing exactly the cause, I can't give you a good timeline on resolution. If it is food, it should resolve within a couple days after stopping the offending ingredient.

Once you find out what it is, you can tailor the treatment to it -- dilute betadine will work well if it is indeed something like superficial pyoderma. For itching relief itself, you are better off with a small dab of any of the hydrocortisone products out there.
I use poly sporin with lidocain and cortisol, together for such things, it relieves the discomfort while sanitizing and cuing the immune response to relaxe.

Use sparingly

Can you get sick or get parasites from kissing your canine friend on the mouth, were talking deep kissing tongues lashing and all that. I have never gotten sick from it, but my Room mate said you can get sick doing this.
The CDC says it is possible for humans to get infected with hookworms from dogs: https://www.cdc.gov/zoonotic-hookworm/about/

Also roundworms: https://www.cdc.gov/toxocariasis/about/

There's more. Here is a list of diseases humans can get from animals. Unfortunately it doesn't filter by animal but it includes dogs: https://www.cdc.gov/healthy-pets/diseases/index.html

What are your thoughts @Deagle113 ?

I have a membership to my local zoo and also know the head vet there, but the only thing I've done with cougars is bottle feed adorable kittens--speculation time!

I could find any good examples of collecting sperm from a male cougar, but there's an excellent techniques paper about Jaguars out of Sao Paulo with photos that goes into how to cryopreserve semen -- which is super important for saving our endangered species! When they pull things back you can see that the penis itself it roughly half the size of a gloved human finger. Feline vaginal canals are long and narrow to accommodate the unique shape of the male feline penis. (I learned a bunch about big cats in the course of reading a bunch of wildlife research for this question, including that pumas and jaguars have rather tiny barbs rather than the 180 or so impressive ones domestic cats have, and south American Margays have none at all -- the evolution of penile barbs varies across the cat families! Neat, huh?)

Female Jaguars weigh 110-180 pounds on average. Female cougars weight up to 120 pounds maximum. Although body size doesn't always predict penis size (looking at you, Chihuahuas), with Jaguars being the size they are, I'm thinking the math doesn't add up for accommodating humans in all but really big cats like lions or tigers.
I would love to know exactly how long tigers and lions are when fully erect, and also if their spines could be tolerated in a human. Just curiosity's sake.

Last edited:
Howdy zooville!

I work as a mixed animal veterinarian, and am willing to answer any and all animal health questions you may have to the best of my ability. Keep in mind that I’m only one person, and my medical opinion is just that—an opinion, however well informed it may be.

Anything you’re curious about?

Edit: feel free to Dm me if needed!

How many kilos does a bitch need to have to try to have a sexual act?, and what would be the minimum and maximum size that the person would have to be?

How many kilos does a bitch need to have to try to have a sexual act?, and what would be the minimum and maximum size that the person would have to be?
u cant make that on the kg - depends on how u are build and how the female is build in general labrador upwards, but i knew danes which are 1 finger tight and border collies where u can park ur car into xD

Hi,
If a dog has two partners, is it possible that it can transmit venereal diseases from one woman to the other?

So there’s strong feelings on this from both pro and anti sides of the camp. The data is especially hard to gather here in the US, where so many of our animals are neutered as a matter of course.

I think it’s primarily a deep seated cultural narrative, and it comes down to being informed that neutering will be the decision equated with “doing what’s best for your pet.” In the US, there’s kind of a single minded fixation on sterilization as solving way more problems than it actually can.

For example, capturing large quantities of cats and sterilizing them all is lauded as the single best thing we can do to control overpopulation of them—in reality, though those cats are no longer part of the breeding pool, additional intact colonies simply move into the now empty niche, and the problem continues.

As another example, many folks in the US see an intact male dog as aggressive, unpredictable, and completely untrainable and the owner of said dog as irresponsible. Cultural peer pressure like this is very difficult to change or resist.
This is so so true. I feel like the pressure to spay and neuter early really has abated in the last ten or twenty years, but there is still such a clear cultural belief that intact dogs are particularly wild and aggressive and troublesome. One can see populations of intact dogs who do seem to coexist in relative harmony...in Europe...at dog shows...and this seems to show that not all intact dogs are a menace. Lots of well adjusted intact dogs sitting quietly with their humans in French cafes and mostly pretty calm dogs by the hundreds at dog show.

This is so so true. I feel like the pressure to spay and neuter early really has abated in the last ten or twenty years, but there is still such a clear cultural belief that intact dogs are particularly wild and aggressive and troublesome. One can see populations of intact dogs who do seem to coexist in relative harmony...in Europe...at dog shows...and this seems to show that not all intact dogs are a menace. Lots of well adjusted intact dogs sitting quietly with their humans in French cafes and mostly pretty calm dogs by the hundreds at dog show.
Here in Germany, there are rarely any neutered dogs. I think it's illegal to do here, without a serious medical reason.

Here in Germany, there are rarely any neutered dogs. I think it's illegal to do here, without a medical reason.
Here in the US there are legitimate issues of dogs roaming unsupervised and breeding leading to unwanted puppies, but there is now such a pressure for everyone, even people who keep their dogs very responsibly, to neuter their dogs just in case their dogs might become responsible for canine over population! It is very silly, ive had dogs for thirty years and most of mine have been intact and NONE of them have ever impregnated other dogs or gotten pregnant. They have all always been supervised and looked after. And none of them have been unruly or dangerous! I am sure that the intact dogs of Germany are perfectly lovely and usually well behaved :)

Here in the US there are legitimate issues of dogs roaming unsupervised and breeding leading to unwanted puppies, but there is now such a pressure for everyone, even people who keep their dogs very responsibly, to neuter their dogs just in case their dogs might become responsible for canine over population! It is very silly, ive had dogs for thirty years and most of mine have been intact and NONE of them have ever impregnated other dogs or gotten pregnant. They have all always been supervised and looked after. And none of them have been unruly or dangerous! I am sure that the intact dogs of Germany are perfectly lovely and usually well behaved :).

Street dogs are not a thing in Germany. There are rarely any free roaming dogs.
Mass neutering is not very effective at combating dog overpopulation.

Hi @Deagle113

Are you aware of any advance in treating goat CAE?

I am sure if that was for dogs or horses they would have found an antiviric long ago, but there is not enough farmacy business in cheap production animals 😔

Holding arthritis with ginger now, which has proved way more effective than farmacy products. And yes. I am aware that will only buy some extra time to prepare myself

Here in Germany, there are rarely any neutered dogs. I think it's illegal to do here, without a serious medical reason.
In my many years of research on U.S. canine veterinary care trends I am begining to notice some things that I find disturbing. First of all is the alarming takeover of veterinary medicine by large investment firms. Second is the resistance of U.S. veterinray medicine to take heed of the ever growing number of scientific studies that suggest disturbing the balance of the endocrine system is a very bad idea wrought with lots of negative conseqeunces <likely because it throws egg in the face of the whole "fix your dog because its healthier" BS that has been the mantra of most vets, the AVMA and every one with a social voice, since the 70's> <Bob Barker ect>
But the thing that concerns me the most is that its not at all hard to draw lines connecting to flow of money to certain things, such as "drug marketing detailing" of the vets and the colleges alike<google that>. So first you get a dog, and you shell out money at the big chain store for all the stuff a young dog needs < bed crate vaccinations chew toys treats training aids ect> then you are convinced to do a surgey to " be a good owner" then not long later your dog begins to gain weight, have joint troubles, have increased aggression issues or fear issues, have urinary incontinence, and a whole laundry list of other issues associated with disturbing the balance of the endocrine system
. BUT WAIT! we have a whole multicolor universe of drugs and diets and treatments for all that ails your beloved k9. < All of which cost vast sums of money that can be traced back to investment firms, such as MARS CO ect>.

Follow the money. It didn't start out like this, but now that this is the "norm" the folks with the control dont want it to change. They like the fact that your dog will have more ailments and live a shorter life because it makes them more money. Even the shelters make them money one way or another < tax write offs, meds, toys, treats surgeries..... all the same stuff. Distressingly I am beginning to conclude that dogs are now seen as furry dollar signs to the investor controlled market. The more " fixes" they can sell you on , the bigger their bonus is . If they can sell you on a fix that actually breaks your dog so you now "need treatments" then they love that.

Not all vets are falling into this mess. But sadly, it is getting worse at an alarming rate. MARS now owns about one quarter of all vets globally in the markets I've studied.

Thank DOG for the likes of Germany, Sweden, Finland, Norway and the others who demonstrate and educate on the right way to live with dogs.
I had a situation recently where I had need for Alizin treatment, something I could easily get in most other countries, but was very difficult to get here in the states. But one I found a clinic with clearance from the American FDA to have it, it saved the life of my dog without surgery.

I would say it was nothing short of miraculous. But its not made locally, so no one lobbies the FDA to allow its use here in the states.

FYI the 16th letter of the alfabet doesn't work on this old junker< amongst other keys as well>. I had to get creative in my grammar.

The CDC says it is possible for humans to get infected with hookworms from dogs: https://www.cdc.gov/zoonotic-hookworm/about/

Also roundworms: https://www.cdc.gov/toxocariasis/about/

What are your thoughts @Deagle113 ?
That's exactly right, but neither of these pose an oral risk from kissing a dog.

You're looking at different routes of infection for both of those parasites. Hookworms are released as eggs into the soil from dog feces, hatch, and then burrow into your skin via the soles of your feet or other exposed areas -- in the US, hookworm burden in children was dramatically decreased from a public health standpoint once folks could afford to buy shoes for everyone! Human infection usually involves the confused baby worm wandering around inside your skin (we aren't their natural hosts) making little tracks that itch.

Roundworms are released from the dog in feces and are invective via ingestion, meaning children, putting stuff they shouldn't in their mouths once again are the highest demographic -- high risk situations are areas with poor sanitation where poop is lying around presenting a perfect opportunity for the parasites. Once ingested in humans, they also migrate around searching for their natural host, but for a reason we don't precisely understand, they make it to the eye a lot more often, causing permanent blindness usually in one eye.

Two excellent reasons why we recommend always picking up dog poop and keeping your dog on a good parasite monitoring plan and prevention as needed!

@Cookiecaretaker hit the nail precisely on the head! My guess is you're trying to choose a future dog based on weight, which is a great consideration for including them on car rides and adventures, or for the amount of food you will eventually need to provide them, or for tracking healthy development, but not for sexual engagement. I'm happy to provide tips on selecting a good companion, but they won't be centered around "fitting" since it's impossible to predict.

Hi,
If a dog has two partners, is it possible that it can transmit venereal diseases from one woman to the other?
Absolutely. Though the major bacterial culprits for stuff like Gonorrhea aren't infective to dogs, they theoretically absolutely can hitch a ride on the mucous membranes of the penis and colonize a new human if both engaged with the same dog shortly after each other.

Here in the US there are legitimate issues of dogs roaming unsupervised and breeding leading to unwanted puppies, but there is now such a pressure for everyone, even people who keep their dogs very responsibly, to neuter their dogs just in case their dogs might become responsible for canine over population! It is very silly, ive had dogs for thirty years and most of mine have been intact and NONE of them have ever impregnated other dogs or gotten pregnant. They have all always been supervised and looked after. And none of them have been unruly or dangerous! I am sure that the intact dogs of Germany are perfectly lovely and usually well behaved :)
Which means that the campaign of sterilization isn't the primary culprit for all these stray dogs. If it worked, we wouldn't have them.

Hi @Deagle113

Are you aware of any advance in treating goat CAE?
Sadly, you are exactly right. There is no known treatment that I am aware of, nor is there even a vaccine for it. Based on the way goats are treated and managed for CAE, I don't think there's any motivation for pharmaceutical companies to even try and develop one. I'm so sorry to hear about your girl -- it's a hard thing to manage and watch, and keeping her comfortable with things like regular hoof trims and supportive care is the best you can do for her.

Back