• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

I am very scared of the vegan movement, they will try to take our right away to have companion animals.

If you claim to love animals, but also kill them, that is a hypocritical position. Killing an animal is unethical in and of itself. As I said, it is not necessary to kill animals -- so hunting, slaughter, etc. should not be tolerated. It is cruel and immoral to kill an animal for any reason (in the same way that it is cruel and immoral to kill a dog). Also, the notion that hunting is "pro-conservation" is a myth.

Deer are my second favorite animal next to otters. I have bottle raised 2 fawns at the wildlife rehabilitation I did an internship for. Get outta here.
If it is a myth then why are there thousands of wildlife biologists who's job is determining how many hunting tags need to be issued for the season? Do you think these scientists who enter a field for conservation reasons are just...going along with it? Pretending to help? Think about it using some actual logic instead of emotion

This is in my room for a reason

Attachments

• rNMpHEj.jpg
    rNMpHEj.jpg
    689.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Then I guess you are a hypocrite -- you claim to love animals, yet you support killing them and eating them, which is the opposite of loving them. Also, much of what you stated in your "spoiler" isn't true -- humans do not need to eat meat to live, and eating a vegan or vegetarian diet is much healthier than eating meat.

Then, I guess someone is ignoring reputable sources. You guys claim to have the facts, yet ignore them all the time. Also, I acknowledge that are some health benefits to not eating meat, I was merely saying there are also health risks with it if you're not careful.

Killing an animal is unethical in and of itself. As I said, it is not necessary to kill animals -- so hunting, slaughter, etc. should not be tolerated. It is cruel and immoral to kill an animal for any reason (in the same way that it is cruel and immoral to kill a dog).

Ok, so it's unethical for a hawk to kill a chicken? It's unethical for a wolf to kill a deer? It's unethical an owl to kill a mouse? You said for any reason.

These days it's more complex than just food source questions. Many crops are being used as feedstocks for energy and other hydrocarbon products.

Yes I think people are badly mistaken with the idea of food as fuel. This is not sustainable in that you either provide hydrocarbons to machines or feed animals. At some point the animals lose to the cost of crops to supply hydrocarbons.

Wow this thread underwent some serious message transformations but finally got back on topic.

The deer population in some states in the US brought about the destruction of the forest until wolves were reintroduced. Man thought it smart to remove the carnivores from the eco system. The lack of dead deer carcases caused the death of all new forest seedlings. The eco system needed the deer to avoid the site of a meal for a year or two for new trees to get fully established. The system worked well before man thought he knew better.

I think that's exaggerated, because
  1. Humans haven't domesticated thousands of species.

Of course there are places in the world where horses will never flourish, because they are simply no suitable habitat for horses, and some horse breeds are less fit to rely on their own than others. So people can fail when letting horses free. But there are numerous examples of horse populations in the world that live almost or completely unmanaged, see Wikipedia on feral horses. Horses are an excellent example of a domesticated species that survives without people slaughtering them—both as a companion animal and as animals released into the wild.

Substitute breed for species. Guanaco is the wild form of llamas, Vicuna is the wild form of Alpacas. Dorpers Merinos are just some of hundreds or breeds of sheep, then there is the list of cattle breeds. Some giant some dwarf.

Each of these were diversified from others but unnatural selection.

Horses were fringe dwellers long before man modified them. There was about 2 million feral horses living on the edge of the deserts of Australia, The current drought will kill 75% of the horses roaming inland Australia and a number of domestic ones. The evolution of a horse continued after they were able to outrun all predators. They starved each other out of existence as they changed their genes to survive on less food.

Horses sort of adopted humans as much as we domesticated them.

Dr. Brain Hampson had a bad interaction with a Przewalski stallion thinking he knew what horses were like. It spent 20 minutes trying to kill him. A wild horse is nothing like the domesticated ones.

And common sense is surprisingly often wrong. We do not need to speculate in this case, because there are studies, and @HyperWoof was so kind to provide a link. Have a look into it.
Nah. I live in the boonies, I grow my own food, and I have chickens for my own eggs. The air quality is better out here than it is in Smog Angeles and most people out here are pretty self-sufficient. A city vegan could learn a thing or two living a few months in the country.

Meat-eating / slaughter practices (which involve farm animals such as pigs and cows) require far more farmland than non-animal sources -- and that means the destruction of more forests.

Remember that the (major) dairy industry is linked to veal (slaughter of calves).

Deer numbers are artificially increased by hunters -- so ultimately, hunting is not required. Hunting should be banned, because it involves killing animals for no justifiable reason (and it is unethical).

Hunting, fishing and slaughter are not required to survive -- and because these practices are speciesist, cruel and unethical, they should not occur.

Deer do not need to be hunted. As I said, deer numbers are artificially increased so that hunters can hunt them. Nature can take care of its own. Also, an animal's life is more important than how it "tastes". Don't treat animals as objects.

Then I guess you are a hypocrite -- you claim to love animals, yet you support killing them and eating them, which is the opposite of loving them. Also, much of what you stated in your "spoiler" isn't true -- humans do not need to eat meat to live, and eating a vegan or vegetarian diet is much healthier than eating meat.

Your attitude is a selfish one -- you shouldn't think about your own interests alone, and you ought to consider the interests of non-human animals. If you truly care about the well-being of other animals, then you should stop eating meat. Saying "I sleep better" is a selfish attitude -- the life of an animal is more important than one's sleep. Also, I'm not convinced that your diet is entirely the reason for poor sleep and lack of energy. As I said, people can be vegan / vegetarian and be healthy at the same time. I think you're just making excuses to keep eating meat.
You can’t tell me what to do :pPP stay mad hippie lol

Deer are my second favorite animal next to otters. I have bottle raised 2 fawns at the wildlife rehabilitation I did an internship for. Get outta here.
If it is a myth then why are there thousands of wildlife biologists who's job is determining how many hunting tags need to be issued for the season? Do you think these scientists who enter a field for conservation reasons are just...going along with it? Pretending to help? Think about it using some actual logic instead of emotion

This is in my room for a reason
MANY, if not all, hunters are avid biologists and amateur biologists. I love deer, too. I draw and paint them a lot. They’re stunning creatures despite being prey.

It’s also weird that this guy is preaching veganism in a forum full of dog lovers.. last time I checked, dogs like to hunt and eat meat themselves. Immoral this, unethical that, but our companions/best friends/lovers strive well on a high protein meat based diet.

Ok, so it's unethical for a hawk to kill a chicken? It's unethical for a wolf to kill a deer? It's unethical an owl to kill a mouse? You said for any reason.

It is not unethical for a wolf to kill a deer. However, it is unethical for a human to kill a non-human animal, because humans know better -- humans understand morality, and can make decisions based on that -- wolves cannot.

To be clear, do you actually kill deer (or support the killing deer)? Because if you do (while simultaneously saying that you love deer), that is hypocritical. If you really love deer, you would not support killing them. It's the same as it is with dogs -- if someone loves dogs, he/she would not support killing a dog.

MANY, if not all, hunters are avid biologists and amateur biologists.

There is no excuse for robbing a living being of his/her life. If someone kills a dog and says "but I'm an avid biologist", what they did is still immoral regardless of what their interests are.

Ummm all this vegan talk has made me hungry. I think I'll put a steak on the grill for tonight. Oops don't want to disappoint our vegan friends - I'll have a baked potato too.

If you really didn't want to disappoint vegans, you wouldn't eat any animal-based meat at all.

Last edited:
It is not unethical for a wolf to kill a deer. However, it is unethical for a human to kill a non-human animal, because humans know better -- humans understand morality, and can make decisions based on that -- wolves cannot.

Sorry, but there are flaws in your reasoning. Morality is a concept that defines the boundaries of right and wrong and is defined by a certain society, i.e. us as people. You can view it as immoral to kill an animal yourself and you are free to live vegan but it remains a fact that the sort of protein that is best processed by the human body is a protein that originates in an animal. Animal protein gave the human species the brain power to evolve in the first place and you would be cruel to disallow children to have food prepared with animal proteins since it is necessary for their growth and development. That actually means that it is immoral to not feed children with animal protein, since you'd be hurting a representative of our species and put them into disadvantage. For adults, the choice is a little more complicated, since it involves more consideration and free will.

To be clear, do you actually kill deer (or support the killing deer)? Because if you do (while simultaneously saying that you love deer), that is hypocritical. If you really love deer, you would not support killing them. It's the same as it is with dogs -- if someone loves dogs, he/she would not support killing a dog.
You can absolutely love deer and still support killing them. Turns out that, without our very personal assistance, we (mostly) live in ecosystems whose natural balance disturbed by humans. However, I am not saying that interfering with the balance of an ecosystem is fundamentally wrong because that would actually mean that we put ourselves below any other living species, just because we know we are actually doing the interfering and the others do not, even though they interfere. Anyhow, we live around ecosystems that are out of balance (missing predators, for instance). So if you are arguing for e.g. the diversity of species then hunting herbivorous species, that threaten to put certain plants out of existence or seriously skew the balance again, is moral by your standards.

There is no excuse for robbing a living being of his/her life. If someone kills a dog and says "but I'm an avid biologist", what they did is still immoral regardless of what their interests are.
What if your interest is to end suffering in a certain case?
The only responsibilities I see that we, as sentient humans, should live by are:
1. avoiding unnecessary cruelty
2. living sustainably
That means:
1. our intelligence as humans and empathy towards others (as well as knowledge from experience and experiments) tell us that animals know pain and since we know pain, we should aim to not harm animals unnecessarily and cause them pain
2. this aims at our main purpose as a species which is actually something that is a basis of how we define morality: we aim to procreate, evolve and advance as a species. In nature, every non-sentient species advanced by benefitting from the exploitation of resources and by being adapted to circumstances better than another species. We do have the same right. But we (should) aim to make this advance generally possible for our descendants as well. And that means to employ at least a little amount of mindfulness and foresight about how we use the resources that we are given, so that our children do not have to grow up in a barren waste. Killing all living non-human species by being too wasteful or not respecting nature at all falls under the category of being unsustainable.

If you really didn't want to disappoint vegans, you wouldn't eat any animal-based meat at all.
Nobody cares about disappointing vegans. At this point in time, having a purely vegan lifestyle but enjoying the luxury (and being vegan is MOST DEFINITELY a luxury of being in a situation and living in a country where you can afford that without getting sick) can have an extremely bad ecological footprint. That is because all the technology to replace animal products is just in its early stages and can take up lots of other valuable resources in a way that is not immediately obvious and is often missing from statistics. However, doing research toward this goal is honorable and good and comparing it with the efficiency of other technologies that have been around for centuries is not exactly fair.

So: it definitely comes down to personal choice of how you want to live but some ways of living are definitely not benefitting the goals of sustainability. You can choose to not be cruel and you can choose to reduce meat consumption. You can also take special care about where you get your meat from and nowadays you can even live meat-free (hooray, human ingenuity!).

P.S.: I definitely love my burgers and steaks and all but I don't care about having them every day. On days that I do, I'm grateful that I can have them and I'm happy to know (and, sure, *hope* to know because I did not kill the animal myself and have to trust the choice that I made when I bought it and the information that I had at the time) that the animal did not suffer overly much and was kept under the appropriate circumstances.

If you love deer you would support the ethical harvesting of them. Instead of a deer suffering for weeks and succumbing to starvation or disease, it's taken out with the quickest and most painless death that occurs in nature. Instead of me or my loved ones consuming farmed meat, one healthy buck supplies us for months with all the meat necessary.
You're on par with flat earthers and anti vaxxers, ignoring vast quantities of scientific data because it doesn't fit your emotional agenda

And you bet I do. That is this falls harvest. Each one of those packages is enough for several meals for me and mine.

What. the fuck. is this thread. This is like that "How is babby formed" video.

Also @420Fatty is correct about immigration. I'm not even gonna bother with the rest, frankly. Y'all fuckers is crazy. And anyone who says *I'M* an "NPC" is fucking stupid :p

What. the fuck. is this thread. This is like that "How is babby formed" video.

Also @420Fatty is correct about immigration. I'm not even gonna bother with the rest, frankly. Y'all fuckers is crazy. And anyone who says *I'M* an "NPC" is fucking stupid :p

Yes because your comment is SO much different from the rest of them, right?

"haha look at all these apes arguing like caveman!" *inserts his own monkey comment*

Not a vegan. Yes yes yes I know: I’m an evil carnist bloodmouth who after several heartfelt attempts to go plant based could not keep it up healthwise so according to some people I’m literally Hitler -__-. All that aside there is a growing number of vegans who seek to destroy domestic animals. Frankly I view such people as being bossy busybody little parasites, they have no lives and are only happy getting on everyone else’s nerves. They’re the type of people who would run in front of a galloping horse, scream at the rider then act shocked when the horse kicks them and even try to sue. Why? Oh because to them riding a horse is evil and clearly the horse is being forced to carry you. Have a dog on a leash, is the dog a seeing eye dog? Oh! You’re no better than that horrible Michael Vick! I mean we’ve had a few of those parasites in the zoo community, for example that whiny little bitch Aluzky(or whatever the fuck he calls himself these days). When he was on Reddit(his actions directly led to /r/zoophilia getting the ban hammer) he would go out of his way to harass people that had obligate carnivorous pets or people who didn’t feed their dogs processed shit laughingly passed off as “vegan food.” Well really he’d harass anyone he came across, then get salty whenever he was told to go fuck himself. Aluzky told people that injured carnivores should always be killed in order to prevent harm to prey animals, which is horrifying because he claims to be a veterinary technician. He handles injured animals and with Aluzky being a vet tech I have to wonder if he’s killed people’s pets, possibly even their lovers just because the creature was an obligate carnivore? I have absolutely nothing against vegans but if you’re one of those “no animal companions zoophilia is rape how dare you give a carnivore meat reeeeeee!” types you can kiss my hairy White ass.

However, it is unethical for a human to kill a non-human animal, because humans know better

humans know better

know better

know

better

And any chance of you to persuade me otherwise, which was slim, went out the window and died. Those "dumb" animals know that if they don't eat what their body can process and get all the nutrients they need they will die.

Not a vegan. Yes yes yes I know: I’m an evil carnist bloodmouth who after several heartfelt attempts to go plant based could not keep it up healthwise so according to some people I’m literally Hitler -__-. All that aside there is a growing number of vegans who seek to destroy domestic animals. Frankly I view such people as being bossy busybody little parasites, they have no lives and are only happy getting on everyone else’s nerves. They’re the type of people who would run in front of a galloping horse, scream at the rider then act shocked when the horse kicks them and even try to sue. Why? Oh because to them riding a horse is evil and clearly the horse is being forced to carry you. Have a dog on a leash, is the dog a seeing eye dog? Oh! You’re no better than that horrible Michael Vick! I mean we’ve had a few of those parasites in the zoo community, for example that whiny little bitch Aluzky(or whatever the fuck he calls himself these days). When he was on Reddit(his actions directly led to /r/zoophilia getting the ban hammer) he would go out of his way to harass people that had obligate carnivorous pets or people who didn’t feed their dogs processed shit laughingly passed off as “vegan food.” Well really he’d harass anyone he came across, then get salty whenever he was told to go fuck himself. Aluzky told people that injured carnivores should always be killed in order to prevent harm to prey animals, which is horrifying because he claims to be a veterinary technician. He handles injured animals and with Aluzky being a vet tech I have to wonder if he’s killed people’s pets, possibly even their lovers just because the creature was an obligate carnivore? I have absolutely nothing against vegans but if you’re one of those “no animal companions zoophilia is rape how dare you give a carnivore meat reeeeeee!” types you can kiss my hairy White ass.
Absolutely Agree. I have no hard feelings against vegans until they start pushing their ideas about meat eating on me. I have to wonder about them too because of late there have been some pretty well known vegans who have returned to eating meat and all claiming how much healthier and how much more energy they now have.

Absolutely Agree. I have no hard feelings against vegans until they start pushing their ideas about meat eating on me. I have to wonder about them too because of late there have been some pretty well known vegans who have returned to eating meat and all claiming how much healthier and how much more energy they now have.

Vegan movement is a superiority complex and nothing else.

It is also a first world problem. In the first world you have the luxury of telling others how to live their lives. The rest of the worlds has to do they can to survive.

1,500,000 of Australia's feral horses will have starved to death in the last 12 months. That is a lot of suffering animals and a lot of nutrition going to waste.

It is also a first world problem. In the first world you have the luxury of telling others how to live their lives. The rest of the worlds has to do they can to survive.

1,500,000 of Australia's feral horses will have starved to death in the last 12 months. That is a lot of suffering animals and a lot of nutrition going to waste.
You're right. We in America have it so good that we often forget that people in other countries have it so much harder. In those places the animals suffer more than the humans and it's so sad that any should be suffering anywhere.

One of my neighbor’s, his wife used to be an incredibly hardcore vegan. I’m surprised they stayed married let alone staying in the town, we’re a rural area so lots of small family farms and some people hunt to make ends meet. She tried to stick to the dietary restrictions up until it started causing more serious damage to her health. She tried fruit only, vegetables only, raw, cooked, nuts, grains anything and everything that wasn’t a meat/dairy/animal product. She switched back to a balanced omnivorous diet and has bounced back completely, though it was scary there for a minute

Sorry, but there are flaws in your reasoning. Morality is a concept that defines the boundaries of right and wrong and is defined by a certain society, i.e. us as people. You can view it as immoral to kill an animal yourself and you are free to live vegan but it remains a fact that the sort of protein that is best processed by the human body is a protein that originates in an animal. Animal protein gave the human species the brain power to evolve in the first place and you would be cruel to disallow children to have food prepared with animal proteins since it is necessary for their growth and development. That actually means that it is immoral to not feed children with animal protein, since you'd be hurting a representative of our species and put them into disadvantage. For adults, the choice is a little more complicated, since it involves more consideration and free will.

This is nonsense. The idea that you can only get protein from animals is bullshit (it isn't true). There are plenty of ways one can get protein from plant sources. Also, the idea that animal protein helped the human species "survive" is a myth. Animal-derived foods are not necessary to live a healthy life. The thing you said about feeding food to people is nonsense as well.

You can absolutely love deer and still support killing them. Turns out that, without our very personal assistance, we (mostly) live in ecosystems whose natural balance disturbed by humans. However, I am not saying that interfering with the balance of an ecosystem is fundamentally wrong because that would actually mean that we put ourselves below any other living species, just because we know we are actually doing the interfering and the others do not, even though they interfere. Anyhow, we live around ecosystems that are out of balance (missing predators, for instance). So if you are arguing for e.g. the diversity of species then hunting herbivorous species, that threaten to put certain plants out of existence or seriously skew the balance again, is moral by your standards.

This is also not true. It is not possible to kill deer and also love them, because the act of killing a deer is itself immoral and is the opposite of loving them. It's like claiming it's possible to kill dogs and also love dogs at the same time (it's bullshit). There are ways of keeping ecosystems intact that don't involve killing / slaughtering animals.

What if your interest is to end suffering in a certain case?
The only responsibilities I see that we, as sentient humans, should live by are:
1. avoiding unnecessary cruelty
2. living sustainably
That means:
1. our intelligence as humans and empathy towards others (as well as knowledge from experience and experiments) tell us that animals know pain and since we know pain, we should aim to not harm animals unnecessarily and cause them pain
2. this aims at our main purpose as a species which is actually something that is a basis of how we define morality: we aim to procreate, evolve and advance as a species. In nature, every non-sentient species advanced by benefiting from the exploitation of resources and by being adapted to circumstances better than another species. We do have the same right. But we (should) aim to make this advance generally possible for our descendants as well. And that means to employ at least a little amount of mindfulness and foresight about how we use the resources that we are given, so that our children do not have to grow up in a barren waste. Killing all living non-human species by being too wasteful or not respecting nature at all falls under the category of being unsustainable.

Having empathy towards animals means not killing them, and not supporting the killing of them. It's the same way that killing humans is viewed as wrong (except in certain circumstances such as the death penalty, euthanasia, etc.) -- the killing of any living being should be viewed as wrong.

Your argument from nature (the idea that because non-human animals exploit other animals, humans can too) is part of a naturalistic fallacy. Just because something happens in nature does not mean humans have to automatically follow it.

Nobody cares about disappointing vegans. At this point in time, having a purely vegan lifestyle but enjoying the luxury (and being vegan is MOST DEFINITELY a luxury of being in a situation and living in a country where you can afford that without getting sick) can have an extremely bad ecological footprint. That is because all the technology to replace animal products is just in its early stages and can take up lots of other valuable resources in a way that is not immediately obvious and is often missing from statistics. However, doing research toward this goal is honorable and good and comparing it with the efficiency of other technologies that have been around for centuries is not exactly fair.

Having a vegan diet does not have to be a "luxury". Also, the ecological footprint from meat-eating is far worse than the ecological footprint of being vegan, because animals such as cows require a lot of farmland, which results in the destruction of a greater number of forests (than a plant-based situation).

So: it definitely comes down to personal choice of how you want to live but some ways of living are definitely not benefiting the goals of sustainability. You can choose to not be cruel and you can choose to reduce meat consumption. You can also take special care about where you get your meat from and nowadays you can even live meat-free (hooray, human ingenuity!).

Just a reminder, that it is not possible to get meat from "ethical" sources, because killing an animal is wrong in and of itself.

P.S.: I definitely love my burgers and steaks and all but I don't care about having them every day. On days that I do, I'm grateful that I can have them and I'm happy to know (and, sure, *hope* to know because I did not kill the animal myself and have to trust the choice that I made when I bought it and the information that I had at the time) that the animal did not suffer overly much and was kept under the appropriate circumstances.

It is speciesist to eat meat -- the reason for this is that it treats non-human animals as being simple objects that have "less value" than humans. The process by which an animal becomes meat is a cruel and torturous one, and it is one that is inherently unethical; thus, eating meat is inherently unethical. Even if an animal is killed without suffering, it is still immoral (in the same way that killing a dog without suffering is still immoral -- the act of killing is itself immoral).

If you love deer you would support the ethical harvesting of them. Instead of a deer suffering for weeks and succumbing to starvation or disease, it's taken out with the quickest and most painless death that occurs in nature. Instead of me or my loved ones consuming farmed meat, one healthy buck supplies us for months with all the meat necessary.
You're on par with flat earthers and anti vaxxers, ignoring vast quantities of scientific data because it doesn't fit your emotional agenda

And you bet I do.
That is this falls harvest. Each one of those packages is enough for several meals for me and mine.

It is not possible to "ethically harvest" deer, because "harvesting" (killing) deer is inherently unethical. By the way, sometimes when hunters hunt deer, the deer does not immediately die, and spends weeks suffering in the forest from its wounds. "Taking out" a deer is morally wrong, just as "taking out" (killing) any living being is immoral. People do not need to consume any animal-derived meat.

The fact that you're comparing vegans with "flat earthers" is bullshit, and just shows where your morals are. You claim vegans have an "agenda", when in fact it is hunters and meat-eaters that have their own agenda.

Stop treating living beings as "meals" -- that is wrong. Deers are living beings with a right to live, just like humans, dogs, etc.

People who ate meat, then became vegan, then went back to eating meat (and claim it's "healthier" to eat meat) are ignorant and don't know what they're talking about. The reason for this is because eating a plant-based diet is much healthier than eating meat. Also, you're picking and choosing the stories of people that support your point of view. There are plenty of people out there who became vegan and did not go back to eating meat. Also, the notion that eating animal-based meat is required to maintain "energy" is a myth, and the notion that having a vegan diet is "unhealthy" is a myth.

This is nonsense -- the vegan movement is about compassion towards animals, and respecting their rights (and not going along with speciesism) -- it is not a "superiority complex and nothing else" as you claim.

Last edited:
This is nonsense. The idea that you can only get protein from animals is bullshit (it isn't true). There are plenty of ways one can get protein from plant sources. Also, the idea that animal protein helped the human species "survive" is a myth. Animal-derived foods are not necessary to live a healthy life. The thing you said about feeding food to people is nonsense as well.

Myth?

Having a vegan diet does not have to be a "luxury".

Not true. You must be able to afford vitamin B12 supplements, a variety of plants to get all essential amino acids (some of which may be too expensive), and the plants that contain Omega 3, for example. Can people in poorer countries afford this? Not necessarily.

Having empathy towards animals means not killing them, and not supporting the killing of them. It's the same way that killing humans is viewed as wrong (except in certain circumstances such as the death penalty, euthanasia, etc.) -- the killing of any living being should be viewed as wrong.

It is cruel and immoral to kill an animal for any reason (in the same way that it is cruel and immoral to kill a dog).

Hmm...

In all seriousness though, I'm glad you got that out of the way. I was going to ask if you thought euthanizing a suffering animal was "ethical", but you seem to have cleared that up.

So, you keep making the argument that we shouldn't eat animals because killing them is unethical or immoral. However, morality is subjective. It depends on who you ask. We all have our own "moral compass" formed by our unique experiences and world views. Eating animals is immoral to you, but not to others.

Last edited:
Your argument from nature (the idea that because non-human animals exploit other animals, humans can too) is part of a naturalistic fallacy. Just because something happens in nature does not mean humans have to automatically follow it.

Oh, you wanna play the fallacy game?

Remember that the (major) dairy industry is linked to veal (slaughter of calves).

Association Fallacy

Your attitude is a selfish one -- you shouldn't think about your own interests alone, and you ought to consider the interests of non-human animals. If you truly care about the well-being of other animals, then you should stop eating meat. Saying "I sleep better" is a selfish attitude -- the life of an animal is more important than one's sleep. Also, I'm not convinced that your diet is entirely the reason for poor sleep and lack of energy. As I said, people can be vegan / vegetarian and be healthy at the same time. I think you're just making excuses to keep eating meat.

Ad hominem

Tu quoque

Straw man fallacy

Argument from fallacy

Back