Has anyone ever suffered from Zoonosis?

pregnant women need to be careful if helping a cow to give birth to fluids contains a lot of hormones that can cause contractions or miscarriage for a woman

I dont know for sure but I got REAL sick a few years ago with something strange. I had a cyclical fever that would come and go, drenching night sweats, SUPER painful swollen lymph nodes around my groin and hips, I thought I was going to DIE. Then it just went away after two weeks, like any other sickness. I've always wondered if it was some zoonotic disease, but I just don't know. My dog has tested positive for anaplasmosis antibodies, but thats the only lead I have.

pregnant women need to be careful if helping a cow to give birth to fluids contains a lot of hormones that can cause contractions or miscarriage for a woman
The main danger to farmers and vets is when the cow or heifer has brucellosis...that is a chronic flu like disease like malaria..only with more long term problems like chronic fatigue....

if you touch the cow's teats without gloves it is possible to get cowpox, the local animal doctor was hospitalized when she got this, it is possible but rare to get cowpox
You're aware, I hope, that cowpox is a generally very mild illness? On a par with chickenpox, but even less problematic. And that the first smallpox vaccines were the result of someone noticing that milkmaids and similar cow-exposed farmhands who got cowpox NEVER got smallpox? That, in fact, some of the earliest "smallpox vaccines" were nothing more than rubbing the fluid from an active cowpox lesion on a "standing right over there" cow onto the skin, then lightly pricking, cutting, or scraping to make sure the fluid got into the body and caused a case of cowpox in the person being vaccinated?

The idea that anyone (not already on death's door for some other reason) today would be hospitalized by cowpox is so laughable I can't even begin to rate the level of gullibility it takes to believe any such thing.

I've had fleas.
BTDT... Moved into a place whose previous occupants had a chihuahua so-called "Therapy Dog". It had fleas. I'll tell you how I know this, even though I never actually met them - I'd seen the chihuahua, but I can't claim I ever laid eyes on one of the humans. They'd been gone about 2 weeks, according to the landlord. Three room place - Walked in the door, walked through the three rooms, and started noticing "sparklies" on my pant legs before I got into the bedroom. Got in front of a window to get good light, and the "sparklies" turned out to be a wall of fleas at about knee-height working their way up looking for skin, and I was starting to feel bites just above my socks.

Needless to say, next stop (after hosing myself down with equine fly-spray (QUITE effective on fleas - works nearly on contact, and it's never hurt me before) was to pick up three pyrethrin-based flea-killer bombs, and set 'em off simultaneously, with a gadget labeled as having a dose of Methoprene that should have been good for a place 3 times the apartment's size. I still got a few bites when I actually started moving in 4 days later, but another dose just like the first made it 3 days more "moving in" and "airing out". By that point, I was only getting occasional bites. Gave it another week, repeated the bombing while I was off to work, and after airing the place out, never got another bite during the 3-4 years I lived there. All Praise the wisdom and mercy of the FSM!

Since Covid seems to have been of animal origin before it jumped ship, the answer is Yes. As for what you might be asking...."has anybody specific caught something specific while fucking a specific animal?", how would we know? There is a whole list of University studies in the how to section....I know. I POSTED them. Read. Ticks and fleas are often a problem for our critters; sometimes they bite people too. Proximity to animals is one reason the biters find Us. Parasites, Equine encephalitis, Rabies. Theres a bacteria that causes blindness, thats borne in dog saliva. These are not Urban Legends. They may not be common, but they exist. They infect people. Inform yourself.
I got mad because I got really sick from garden I know that sounds bad but after 3 different appartment I wanted a garden it was beautiful raised bed amazing soil I hand turned with a shovel picked rocks out by hand I had the best plants big amazing plants then I got sick went in found out I a stomach bug thing that u get from cat poo I was mad I don't even have cats so my husband helped sift the garden and set up a motion detection sprinkler it sounds mean but it was my family's health or a cats litter box and I could take the toy dirt track away we changed to mud sports for awhile though

Last edited:
I know what Trichinella is. But grounded raw pork is a national dish here in Germany. Our meat inspection is very strict though.
Pork isn't the only meat that is prone to Trichinella though. Bear too.
OK so there's parasites to in pigs we had to rid of ares and can't use the pen for 7-11 years cuz of worms we think we got sick pig from an auction and it went threw to are babys picked one up and it couldn't breath there was tons in its throat found out later humans can get it from touching the soil they used as a bathroom which usually goes on gardens and trees so if u play with any animal be aware of anything u could get sexual or not

Same danger for pregnant women with sheep are lambing
For rumiants it cuold be related to Chlamydophila-abortus which causes usual animal miscarriage.
Not the same human chlamydia, but will be transmitted via placenta, vaginal discharges and on contaminated soils through wounds, orally and even aerosol breathing and will cause human abortion.

Even the vaccine, which is live, advised in big friendly letters not to be injected in cattle by pregnant woman cause an accident with the sringe will most likely cause an abortion.

And no. Nothing in this proces implies intimate sex relations :)

Does ringworm in the neck count?
It was a good thing, though cause I could easily diagnose what she had and solve it for her too.

Nothing sexual though. One had candidiadis (It is exactly the same human type many woman get at some point of their life) but I never was affected despite not being careful.

I
I dont know for sure but I got REAL sick a few years ago with something strange. I had a cyclical fever that would come and go, drenching night sweats, SUPER painful swollen lymph nodes around my groin and hips, I thought I was going to DIE. Then it just went away after two weeks, like any other sickness. I've always wondered if it was some zoonotic disease, but I just don't know. My dog has tested positive for anaplasmosis antibodies, but thats the only lead I have.
I'm probably wrong, but sounds like malaria.

I

I'm probably wrong, but sounds like malaria.
At least two reason why it almost certainly wasn't - First and worst being that malaria doesn't "go away". Untreated, it's a "forever" bug that comes and goes in cycles that never end. You'll be bad off for a few days, then you'll seem to recover for a few days, then back to the miseries, then clear up for a few days, then sick for another few days, lather, rinse, repeat until, by all reports, you're ready to cut your own throat to escape from it. I've also never heard of swollen lymph nodes from malaria. Sweating and fever and chills and abdominal pain, yes. Swollen lymph nodes? Never heard that reported as a symptom.

At least two reason why it almost certainly wasn't - First and worst being that malaria doesn't "go away". Untreated, it's a "forever" bug that comes and goes in cycles that never end. You'll be bad off for a few days, then you'll seem to recover for a few days, then back to the miseries, then clear up for a few days, then sick for another few days, lather, rinse, repeat until, by all reports, you're ready to cut your own throat to escape from it. I've also never heard of swollen lymph nodes from malaria. Sweating and fever and chills and abdominal pain, yes. Swollen lymph nodes? Never heard that reported as a symptom.

I had the Wuhan bat flu in february.
..keep away from the bats!

It was probably just a nasty virus..they are always in circulation.

like the rest I can attest to 40+ years without issue at all..
oh wait! I did get flea bites occasionally.
(smirk)
Me too- well, not fleas, but when loving a big sow in boar style, I got a few lice on me. Easy to remove, and don’t think I got bitten.
The first years I only had sex with cows and sows, allways vaginal (as nature wants) and none of us got sick. It was after several years with pure animal-sex I had human female sex - and got lice, which a condom doesn’t shield against 🙄
Edit : so I think the risk of getting infected having sex, is far higher from other humans.

Last edited:
Me too- well, not fleas, but when loving a big sow in boar style, I got a few lice on me. Easy to remove, and don’t think I got bitten.
The first years I only had sex with cows and sows, allways vaginal (as nature wants) and none of us got sick. It was after several years with pure animal-sex I had human female sex - and got lice, which a condom doesn’t shield against 🙄
Edit : so I think the risk of getting infected having sex, is far higher from other humans.
In my teens I got lice from sows too...but never had any trouble with the lice.....puffs of lice powder on the pigs backs wiped out the lice..we dont hear of any lice problems with pigs anymore....but most are all indoors now.

I have been engaging in various sexual acts with animals for over 50 years. Dogs, cats and a few miscellaneous small-and-furries. No problems.

I did have a zoonosis a number of years ago. I got hantavirus, which was NOT pleasant and it lasted for months. I didn't have sex with the animal(s) I got it from, never really even saw them. I got it from cleaning rodent nests out of some equipment I was working on at a remote site. I know now to take specific precautions when doing that.

My animal sex partners have always been clean and well cared for and I generally knew them well, though not always. Pretty much anything you're going to get from animal sex, you would get anyway from everyday management of your critters. Cleaning, grooming, feeding, cleaning up after them and so on. If they get proper care and your immune system is in reasonable shape, not too much to worry about. Of course, don't do anything stupid like swap spit with your dog after he's been picking up after the local wildlife. :poop:

Edit once more :
I have never used condom when having sex with the sows and cows. And no disease.
It didn’t happen before having sex with women.

A mí me han asustado mucho. Luego leí mucho más y ahora sé de vacunas y desparasitación. También gracias al nudo de mi amor, me enteré que tengo hemorroides de categoría 2. Nada que no se solucione con una buena lubricación interna previa e inmediata.
I've read there are diseases you can get from sexual acts with non-human animals. Dogs, for example, have made people ill by just licking an open wound. Full on sexual intercourse? Has anybody experienced anything? If so, what was it and how did your doctor respond? Also of interest, measures to make sure our pets don't get transmittable diseases in the first place.

covid comes originally from bats. Small mammals like bat's, mice etc have very good immune systems which means the sorts of things you can catch are worse than that you'd get from larger mammals. A healthy dog totally up to date on its veterinary itinerary would be much less risky. That is assuming you yourself are healthy. Now any health issue that can reduce your immune system, something as simple as diabetes for example, could put you at a small increased risk. So you just need to stay healthy and keep your partner healthy.

Back