Has anyone ever suffered from Zoonosis?

Holy shit dude! I just looked it up. The bacteria that causes Glanders classifies as a biological weapon.
Yeah, this isn't that uncommon for a zoonosis. All diseases classified as biological weapons are zoonosis. They are that deadly, because the human is the wrong host. Here are some other ones: Ebola, Lassa, Marburg, Anthrax, Black Plaque, Rabies, Small Pox, Brucellosis...
Stuff like Ebola would be much too ineffective as an actual human disease, because it wastes its host reservoir much to quickly.

Zoonosis between humans and animals like glanders aren't the only terrible stuff by the way. Dog owners should know not to feed raw pork to their pets. Theres a type of pig herpes called pseudorabies that is 100% deadly to dogs.

Last edited:
Yeah, this isn't that uncommon for a zoonosis. All diseases classified as biological weapons are zoonosis. They are that deadly, because the human is the wrong host. Here are some other ones: Ebola, Lassa, Marburg, Anthrax, Black Plaque, Rabies, Small Pox, Brucellosis...
Stuff like Ebola would be much to ineffective as an actual human disease, because it wastes it's host reservoir much to quickly.

Zoonosis between humans and animals like glanders aren't the only terrible stuff by the way. Dog owners should know not to feed raw pork to their pets. Theres a type of pig herpes called pseudorabies that is 100% deadly to dogs.
There is a link above to a page on Zoonotic diseases by species....you should add the last one to it

Where? Here?:
I don't see a list or something.
Here is the wiki page, by the way:

Try this

While most people here didn't get some zoonosis from their animal mates, i wouldn't say "just don't worry about it", because the chance is there. Like yeah this shouldn't necessarily put you off some fun time, we shouldn't forget that though. It also applies to human sex.
Sooo make sure you both (or more?) stay healthy :)

Do anyone take antiparasitic pills in a preventive way? I was about to start a new thread about it, the other day a girl I was talking told that she takes two pills everytime she gives it to her dogs (not the same ones, but for humans). Her doctor recomends it because she sleep with them in the bed (I don't know if she also has sex with them :gsd_laughing:)

Every human suffered from zoonosis. Flu is a zoonosis (Corona too), or Ebola, Aids.... In fact, there are just a few diseases that are adapted especially for humans.
This is true, but the majority of humans get these things from other humans, not directly from contact (of any kind) with an animal, especially if the animals are domestic and well cared for.

Last edited:
Never in my 20 years of living with many animals have I experienced anything like that. But it might be because every animal me or my family had was taken a good care of, regurarly checked by vet and all. The dogs go to get checked much more often then I do. In a fact, I might therefore be bigger threat to them, than they are to me, lol.

Stuff like Ebola would be much too ineffective as an actual human disease, because it wastes its host reservoir much to quickly.

Dude not even humans can eat uncooked pork. Look up Trichinella.

I've been with/around alot of dogs in my lifetime, and have never caught anything of the sort. I imagine the risk is rather low as long as said animals are healthy. Yet another scare tactic: more misinformation about zoophilia, and a ploy to deter people from it. I'd say the odds of catching a disease from sex with animals is 1 in 10000 while the odds of catching a human STD is way, way higher but remember zoosex is "unclean" 🤷🙄
Glad to hear it. Zoonotics include rabies, bubonic and pneumonic plague, Hansa, equine encephalitis, and Covid, among others. No one claimed theyre all common at all times, but your experience is not a guarantee of safety for anyone else. It isnt even a guarantee that your experience will continue to be safe. Good luck. Don't poopoo what you dont understand. A little education goes a long way.

Glad to hear it. Zoonotics include rabies, bubonic and pneumonic plague, Hansa, equine encephalitis, and Covid, among others. No one claimed theyre all common at all times, but your experience is not a guarantee of safety for anyone else. It isnt even a guarantee that your experience will continue to be safe. Good luck. Don't poopoo what you dont understand. A little education goes a long way.

I'm completely aware of all these. There is a fine line between education and fear mongering, look up the occurrence rates of said bacteria/viruses affecting people. It's small numbers not even nearly enough to raise concern. Yes there is a slight chance I could catch some highly uncommon pathogen one day, but it's unlikely because for one im not even active with animals atm, haven't been for years now although I was for quite some time and two the occurrence rates for zoonotic dieases; I'd have to have sex with hundreds of random dogs to even be slightly concerned about catching something at those odds. And I sure as hell ain't gonna sleep with just random dogs I'm unfamiliar with. Viruses and bacteria like that spread from one infected animal to another. If your animals are regularly checked by the vet and not exposed to filthy surroundings and wild animals where said pathogens may reside you have nothing to fear. So Ya not gonna happen, id sooner become ill/die of cancer (considering it's higher prevalency in comparison) or get hit by a bus walking across a busy street than I would from zoonosis. But thanks sir for assuming I don't understand a subject I too have studied rather throughly

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm completely aware of all these. There is a fine line between education and fear mongering, look up the occurrence rates of said bacteria/viruses affecting people. It's small numbers not even nearly enough to raise concern. Yes there is a slight chance I could catch some highly uncommon pathogen one day, but it's unlikely because for one im not even active with animals atm, haven't been for years now although I was for quite some time and two the occurrence rates for zoonotic dieases; I'd have to have sex with hundreds of random dogs to even be slightly concerned about catching something at those odds. And I sure as hell ain't gonna sleep with just random dogs I'm unfamiliar with. Viruses and bacteria like that spread from one infected animal to another. If your animals are regularly checked by the vet and not exposed to filthy surroundings and wild animals where said pathogens may reside you have nothing to fear. So Ya not gonna happen, id sooner become ill/die of cancer (considering it's higher prevalency in comparison) or get hit by a bus walking across a busy street than I would from zoonosis. But thanks sir for assuming I don't understand a subject I too have studied rather throughly
If you are, as you say, not active with animals at the mo, why are you commenting as though you are? And ignoring such things or acting as though they do not pose a risk, however small YOU think it is, is not doing anyone a service. You are right about there being a difference between education and fear mongering. There is, as well, a difference between being informed and being cavalier about things that others need to know. Remember this. All anyone on the net has is words. If mine keep some newb out of the jackpot by advocating his being informed, Im content. ;)

If you are, as you say, not active with animals at the mo, why are you commenting as though you are? And ignoring such things or acting as though they do not pose a risk, however small YOU think it is, is not doing anyone a service. You are right about there being a difference between education and fear mongering. There is, as well, a difference between being informed and being cavalier about things that others need to know. Remember this. All anyone on the net has is words. If mine keep some newb out of the jackpot by advocating his being informed, Im content. ;)
OMG, sue me for not being an active zoo for a while now cause that automatically means I'm not entitled to comment here? That automatically discredits my words. That means just because I'm currently not getting boned or boning that I haven't slept with dozens of dogs in the past with zero health problems arising. I'm still completely healthy. Therefore in your words there is zero relevancy in anyone's personal experience in the matter unless it of course benefits your biased and headstrong views on the matter. Also there is zero relevancy in what I said about preventive measures on keeping animals from getting said illnesses. No point in commenting back, your so high and mighty because you currently fuck dogs and I don't 😉 have fun with your so "risky" sexual habits have fun spreading fear so newbs don't attempt it lmfao your comical. Have a wonderful day, I'm done commenting here now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly....its more a matter of PROXIMITY to animals.... try reading the studies. If you live in Milwaukee, you're not likely to be bitten by a Vampire Bat. Does that mean you shouldnt know about them or if your local Zoo has a colony on display?
Knowledge IS power, kids. Prevention IS worth a pound of cure. Information is Free.
The Work is even done for you.

OMG, sue me for not being an active zoo for a while now cause that automatically means I'm not entitled to comment here? That automatically discredits my words. That means just because I'm currently not getting boned or boning that I haven't slept with dozens of dogs in the past with zero health problems arising. I'm still completely healthy. Therefore in your words there is zero relevancy in anyone's personal experience in the matter unless it of course benefits your biased and headstrong views on the matter. Also there is zero relevancy in what I said about preventive measures on keeping animals from getting said illnesses. No point in commenting back, your so high and mighty because you currently fuck dogs and I don't 😉 have fun with your so "risky" sexual habits have fun spreading fear so newbs don't attempt it lmfao your comical. Have a wonderful day, I'm done commenting here now.
Good to hear. Youve jumped to about fifty wrong conclusions. If knowledge is power....all the lights are out in your house.

I've had cat scratch fever from a kitten I took in who dug their claw I'm me as I picked them up one day but that's it and completely non sexual.

I've had cat scratch fever from a kitten I took in who dug their claw I'm me as I picked them up one day but that's it and completely non sexual.
I think that's the point that's being missed by the scare stories - the non-sexual risk (non-human to human, at least) is far greater than the sexual risk.

I think that's the point that's being missed by the scare stories - the non-sexual risk (non-human to human, at least) is far greater than the sexual risk.
It isnt me that missed that point. Sexual contact is generally a miniscule portion of the time we spend with our animals. I thought it didnt need to be said. In that, I forgot the average IQ of some of our members.

Zoonotic diseases aren't the biggest worry you should have about your pets. Only thing you should worry about is causing any CSTs. Like, don't have your dog brawl with scrapie, or wild deer with CWD. Keep your animals apart from wild animals, the closer they're related, the more important it is. Zoonotic diseases with animals that not only live with you, but whose species have done so for centuries, is not a big issue. UNLESS you carelessly risk creating brand new ones that neither you nor your pets are adapted to. The risk is far less than getting an existing Zoonotic disease from any kind of contact with your pets, but the potential damages are infinitely greater, so let's all agree to be responsible.

Agreed but a zoonotic is a zoonotic. You're speaking of one transmitted from, say, a deer to a dog. It may or may not be transmitted further. Given how some diseases are far harder to detect than others, and that often Doctors don't know unless you give them a hint what to look for, there's ways a possible threat. In my working life I was around animals all day every day. I made sure my mrd alert bracelet carried that information along with the other stuff it carried. I did not want to wake up dead because an ER Doc didn't know to look for certain things.

Agreed but a zoonotic is a zoonotic. You're speaking of one transmitted from, say, a deer to a dog. It may or may not be transmitted further. Given how some diseases are far harder to detect than others, and that often Doctors don't know unless you give them a hint what to look for, there's ways a possible threat. In my working life I was around animals all day every day. I made sure my mrd alert bracelet carried that information along with the other stuff it carried. I did not want to wake up dead because an ER Doc didn't know to look for certain things.
Definitely, though I'm mostly speaking from a point of what is already highlighted in other comments. A lot of zoonotics in animals like horses and dogs are reasonably documented, not necessarily more threatening regardless of whether you're into zoo, and usually either declining in prevalence while likely also having accessible treatments, like antibiotics for a horse with glanders.

You're far more royally screwed if you let your dog get a hold of a bat to chew on, because bats have nasty diseases that are very immune to fever and other basic things your body does to kill them off. Cwd and scrapie are like mad cow, and I don't think anyone should take a one in a billion chance contracting a communicable version of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, for the sake of everyone on the planet.

You're right about remaining vigilant though, and one should do so regardless of what they're doing. Pets or no, it's not worth dying because you were careless and the doctors can't figure things out because of it.

a couple years ago i was injured in an accident that necessitated frequent follow-up visits to a burn (skin) clinic for several months. one day the waiting room was full and we sat on the floor in the hall waiting to be called in for our appointment. on the floor next to me was a woman sitting with a couple kids. she had no arms and only one leg. i am called into my appointment and the nurse looks in her direction and says 'her cat scratched her, took about two days.'

it is impossible to avoid every known ailment. keep yourself and your partner clean!

i work in this farm there was cryptosporidium parvum parasite in calves i did get that and 4 days I had really bad diarrhea, for the elderly and infants can even be life-threatening, this parasite is starting to be a really common problem on farms around here

my mother's acquaintance was picking berries, when she got home her dog licked her legs when there were wounds on them, a week after the incident she got sepsis

This can happen....in different parts of the world, different bacteria play different life games.
Scratches seem harmless. They are not always, if critters, wild as well as domestic are moving around. I have a friend who contracted Cholera a few years ago. The only contact from outside his home was his dogs, who ran loose in the woods surrounding his home daily. The docs never told him a cause...but we figured it out. The dogs were running in puddles that deer were drinking and pissing in
...possibly a buckscrape. Then they came home and well....close contact is close contact....they probably licked their feet dry, then went for Daddy kisses. It took two years just to diagnose the problem....no outside contacts....it showed up in several area people before it was realized. Meanwhile, my friend had to have a fecal transplant....yes, FECAL.... because the antibiotics had wiped out his own gut bugs several times over.
Zoonotics are nothing to fool with.

i work in this farm where there was cryptosporidium parvum parasite in calves. I did get that. For days I had really bad diarrhea; for the elderly and infants can even be life-threatening, this parasite is starting to be a really common problem on farms around here
Cryptosporidia are the bacterial group that cause Botulism. It can even be carried into a cracked egg. Ever seen a Duckling that has to live with the effects of Botulinus? It isn't pretty.

Back