Gun Ownership - NO politics, just "Do you or do you not own a firearm"

Do you legally own a firearm of any kind?

• I own one or more firearms, and am an American

Votes: 374 57.1%
  • I own NO firearms, and am an American

Votes: 98 15.0%
  • I own one or more firearms, and am other than American (Feel free to specify Citizenship)

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • I own NO firearms, and am other than American (Feel free to specify Citizenship)

Votes: 100 15.3%
  • I am not legally able to own a firearm (Feel free to specify reason)

Votes: 23 3.5%

• Total voters
Imho, 9mm is the better choice for defense. More reliable, more powerful, still cheap and low recoil. I know a little about guns if you have any questions.
I do have a question. So I know they make them, but how hard is it to obtain a hallow pointed 9mm bullet. I'm in a stand your ground, open carry state, so I doubt they'd be illegal here.

I do have a question. So I know they make them, but how hard is it to obtain a hallow pointed 9mm bullet. I'm in a stand your ground, open carry state, so I doubt they'd be illegal here.
Easy as buying any ammo, as long as your state hasn't banned them. They're often expensive though (about $1 per round) so most people shoot standard FMJ ammo at the range and switch to hollow points for carry.

9mm hollowpoints should be dirt common here in the US. I have a Colt/Para P14 .45 as my daily carry, not to start a 9mm vs .45 just my personal pref.

14+1 .45 and my M1911A1IMG_20200318_010342.jpgIMG_20200318_011046.jpg

Last edited:
Well in my shity state of NJ muzzleloaders and air guns are considered firearms and you have to be 21 and have a valid permit to buy handgun ammo.
Jesus Christ, is a sling considered an "assault weapon" there?

And airguns are considered "firearms"? Since when did a gas compression system become a powder burning mechanism of firing projectiles?

Clearly, the "legislators" can't use a simple dictionary. That is just madness!

In most places in the south you just have to be a "legal adult" (18+) to buy one!

I managed to remove some of them at a time. They are very difficult to find here.
I could not get used to either his balance or his bestowal.
In the service we usually use GSh-18 or Yarygin. Both are 9mm. This is probably a habit, but it’s much more convenient for me to handle them ... =)

Makarov has remained mainly with the police in our country now. Actively started its disposal. Replaced by yarygin.

Makarov has remained mainly with the police in our country now. Actively started its disposal. Replaced by yarygin.
Please send those Makarovs to the USA for appropriate disposals. ;)

You're not too far from Romania are you?

9x18 Makarov and 9mm Parabellum are not interchangeable FYI ;)

I say this because I have seen people try to fire either .380ACP or 9mm in a Makarov, can you say "duck and cover"

Last edited:
Don't rightly know about the yarygin
A massive, rather mediocre model. Very poor workmanship, poor balance. Positioned as a combined arms.
I prefer gsh, although it is also a controversial model. But in my opinion an excellent balance, and accuracy. But a very tight trigger guard, you need to get used to it.

The state is selling. Private individuals cannot. In Russia, a private person cannot have a pistol. I can use it only because my work is related to military service. At the same time, I have to get it by signing in the magazine, and also take it at the end of work with it.
Citizens of the Russian Federation can not own a pistol by law.=)

Last edited:
Oof I would love to own an AK in 7.62x39 but they are only for military members here. Luckily we can legally own ARs (because of a loophole you can register an AR as a .223 rifle and it's fine. But god forbid you call it a carbine or mention it uses 5.56x45 because it's illegal then)

I would love to own an AK in 7.62x39
In the Russian Federation, you can buy a saiga carbine 7.62 * 39. And set the sear of the automatic fire. Differences will be minimal. This is de facto illegal, but so many do it, removing the whisper for the duration of the checks.

In the Russian Federation, you can buy a saiga carbine 7.62 * 39. And set the sear of the automatic fire. Differences will be minimal. This is de facto illegal, but so many do it, removing the whisper for the duration of the checks.
I would be happy with a semi auto saiga )). Does it works well with that modification or jams?

Where I live, the process of obtaining hollowpoints (in any caliber) is pretty difficult. You have to start by walking into someplace that sells ammo and telling the clerk "I want a box of <insert your weapon's ammo requirements here> hollowpoints" and if it's a round that fits in a handgun, show him/her your ID to prove you're over 21. Once you do that, the clerk will likely ask you some pretty tough questions - "Which brand?", "Steel case OK, or do you want brass?, "How's the weather suit you?", or "Having a good day?" are all fairly typical, but if your luck is running bad, you might get a hard-case that'll ask you the dreaded "Who do you like in the <insert sport name here> game this afternoon?" as s/he reaches for the requested box. Be real careful how you answer that one... when you get the type that asks that question, you're probably pretty well screwed - You might just find yourself standing around drinking coffee and chatting for half an hour or so. <shudder> A death worse than fate! Once the formalities are finished, you hand over your payment, pick up your ammo, and walk out the door. Like I said, pretty difficult... :)

how many boating accidents have you had?

View attachment 56833
Cute meme - I actually like it. But the "Sheldon" in me requires that I point out a couple of minor problems...

First, the water he's standing near isn't a lake. And second, to be in this picture at all, that "ATF agent" is MOST DEFINITELY out of his jurisdiction.

<Sheldon Mode>
The water we're looking at is the Detroit River, not a lake. To be enjoying the view shown in the picture, the "ATF Agent" MUST be standing in Canada.
The giveaway is the big suspension bridge more or less on the left in the far distance, coupled with the large dark buildings in the middle distance near the center of the shot - The bridge is the Ambassador Bridge across the Detroit River into Windsor, which is on the left side of the pic. The large dark buildings near the center of the image are the Renaissance Center, a rather distinctive Detroit landmark. To be in the shot at all, the "ATF agent" has to be standing somewhere near, if not in, downtown Windsor's "Great Western" park, looking a bit south of southwest. Last time I was paying attention, Windsor, in the Canadian province of Ontario, wasn't part of the USA. The Mounties ain't gonna be happy...
</Sheldon Mode> :)

Back