does anyone else feel lonely cuz of what your into?

Topic is probably talked about to death here but this is the easiest outlet for this specific brand of loneliness...

I've came out as zoo to some friends in the past (generally not recommended) and had one person ask me some questions that seemed to hint towards them being zoo, the universe just never aligned for us to talk about that again...

I do indeed feel lonely. I have a friend who knows what i'm into because i confessed to him just because i was desperate (I don't recommend falling into this with any friend, it could backfire on you). I was ready for any outcome so i just spilled it out. He was supportive and respectful, and I love him for that. we keep talking every other day, but I can tell how he just does not like to talk about the subject. I am lucky to have him as a friend, but yeah, even if you have a friend like that... you end up feeling lonely :(

As how i deal with it... I just try to think about other things that I do share with all other people around me, and keep this as my personal secret. just as many other people guards their secrets. I truly know that true love is not bad, no matter who or what. and that is enough to (usually) keep my mood up :)

Last edited:
Topic is probably talked about to death here but this is the easiest outlet for this specific brand of loneliness...

I've came out as zoo to some friends in the past (generally not recommended) and had one person ask me some questions that seemed to hint towards them being zoo, the universe just never aligned for us to talk about that again...
that does sound really scary and risky 😂 how do you feel about it now?

I do indeed feel lonely. I have a friend who knows what i'm into because i confessed to him just because i was desperate (I don't recommend falling into this with any friend, it could backfire on you). I was ready for any outcome so i just spilled it out. He was supportive and respectful, and I love him for that. we keep talking every other day, but I can tell how he just does not like to talk about the subject. I am lucky to have him as a friend, but yeah, even if you have a friend like that... you end up feeling lonely :(

As how i deal with it... I just try to think about other things that I do share with all other people around me, and keep this as my personal secret. just as many other people guards their secrets. I truly know that true love is not bad, no matter who or what. and that is enough to (usually) keep my mood up :)
thats like a theme with telling friends but that must take alot of nerve to actually say it 😂 good job being able to keep your mood up :3

that does sound really scary and risky 😂 how do you feel about it now?

One of them told me about an ex of theirs who also confided the same feelings with them, the other just said "Well as long as you aren't hurting anyone" and it never came up again.

I certainly regret it in both situations because it really didn't help anything other than make me feel I talked a bit too much...
Also had a partner leave after I brought this up once before so its way harder to feel comfortable bringing up this with someone I'm close with

thats like a theme with telling friends but that must take alot of nerve to actually say it 😂 good job being able to keep your mood up :3
I kept it as a secret all my life... until my wife saw some things she shouldn't have seen on my computer. 9+ years of relationship ended up some months later because she could not accept me :cry: that's when I told my friend. not the best choice but sometimes we let ourselves be driven by our emotions... I would not have ever told him otherwise.

yeah. it actually has the potential to nuke one's life. most people think about zoos as rapists, or worse. it just makes me sad and sick but that's how things are. we just need to live our lives the best we can :)

I kept it as a secret all my life... until my wife saw some things she shouldn't have seen on my computer. 9+ years of relationship ended up some months later because she could not accept me :cry: that's when I told my friend. not the best choice but sometimes we let ourselves be driven by our emotions... I would not have ever told him otherwise.
im so scared that someone might see something on my phone or laptop 😂 so i never save anything and everything is incognito mode

One of them told me about an ex of theirs who also confided the same feelings with them, the other just said "Well as long as you aren't hurting anyone" and it never came up again.

I certainly regret it in both situations because it really didn't help anything other than make me feel I talked a bit too much...
Also had a partner leave after I brought this up once before so its way harder to feel comfortable bringing up this with someone I'm close with

yeah. it actually has the potential to nuke one's life. most people think about zoos as rapists, or worse. it just makes me sad and sick but that's how things are. we just need to live our lives the best we can :D

I'm kinda lonely, but not because of this. I have trouble relating to people and generally have very little tolerance. I'd like to find someone, preferably woman who's also reclusive, but women like that generally don't want anyone at all. And I'm not the best looking guy, that doesn't help either. I was refused for other things too, but it's offtopic. As time passes, it bothers me less and less and soon I'll probably get a few animals of my own to have as company.

At this point I don't think I can offer anything to anyone.

In the beginning with me I didn't want human connection, the closer I became to my mate and canines in general, the less I cared about having someone to talk to about being zoo because I was 100% zoo-exclusively happy and content being with dogs and dogs alone. Until I hit my 20's, which was when I started seriously considering seeking a zoolady to form a little 3some pack with. Then I started desiring more human friends and it just grew from there. I guess I was kinda weird that way. So I got to know people in the zoo community, we built a level of trust, met up, became friends, then over time grew apart as spiritual and paranormal interests became paramount in my life. Human friends may come and go but as long as I've got canine connections, I'm ok. I'd like to have human friends again, and a human mate, but for now simply chatting online and being surrounded by my roommate's doggos is good nuff fur me. 😚

sooo this is a thought thats like gone thru my head alot. theres no one I could like talk to about what i feel and if I tried I would probably get in trouble haha. How did you deal with the loneliness? 😅
I'm an introvert and keep my mouth shut, so not too much. I suppose it helps that I'm more into human women, and the zoo part of me is limited to just being attracted to a horse butt.

sooo this is a thought thats like gone thru my head alot. theres no one I could like talk to about what i feel and if I tried I would probably get in trouble haha. How did you deal with the loneliness? 😅
The absolute knowledge that there is a woman out there for me lol. I had one who dabbled in it with me a long time ago but our relationship grew sour (unrelated to our sexual life) even before going on a website like this. We all will find our special person who we can connect with one day. Or rot in a jail cell lol. 😶😝

I feel lonely all the time but I think that's what brought me here to this forum.
Iv never really had a reason to reach out to the zoo community but I saw something on an app recently that someone posted that was rather...."zoo adjacent" and just on a whim I messaged them and turns out they are zoo. It felt SO GOOOOD! To talk to someone of like mind and then I kinda got hooked, went searching and found this place.
Iv been here just a short while but it's really helped.

No one around me knows this about me, and i would sertenly not tell anyone, i did feel lonely sometimes but over the years i accepted and got used to be alone, however i would like to find a trustworthy woman who is into this to share this with but it's definitely not a need, as more people say whe got this online forum to talk to people about this.

I do feel lonely, quite often more than I care to admit. It's not just because of zoo, I've never felt like I've belonged. That feeling coupled with previous trauma can be quite the negative combination sometimes, yet I persevere.

Yes. It can get lonely sometimes not being able to fully talk to people about all aspects of your life. But thats what makes places like this all the better.

I'm lonely because my autistic tendencies make it to be where I don't connect on anything but a surface level with anyone

All the time. I think what helps is finding ways to feel fulfilled in other non-sexual ways so that the loneliness of being into zoo (and being into other things :devilish:) doesn't overtake all the other wonderful things about life / people / the world

Dealing with loneliness more and more every day. With my family aging and S/O becoming distant (probably flirting with someone else), it’s starting to feel like I’m stuck in a box.
Wish I had more zoo friends, but it’s just one of those things that may be online-anonymous only :(

Back