• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Count to ∞!

Indeed, I didn't even notice it at first until I went to hit the "home" icon to switch to a different app, and saw that it and the menu buttons were gone. Just the back button was there. I've tried using the android "gestures" before, and I just don't like it. It's just too alien to me.

Call me old school, but I miss when Android phones actually had physical back/home/menu buttons. Having them be an option on the screen is an okay compromise, but man do I miss the tactile feel of actual navigation buttons.

I think the last phone I had which had A tactile navigation button was the Samsung Galaxy S5. It had a physical Home button and 2 touch buttons. But heck, I've had two different phones since then. Both emotionless slabs. Most likely it's going to be a feature of the past, like physical QWERTY slide-out keyboards. Those were freaking awesome. I still miss my Motorola Droid 2 all these years later for that reason.

(Picture I found on the internet. Mine was solid black.)

1697368316481.png

The S5 was a damn good phone. I only got rid of mine because some software I critically needed no longer supported it.

From what I can tell it looks like the Galaxy S7 was the last galaxy to have the trademark physical home button and 2 touch buttons. I went from a Samsung Galaxy S5, to a Galaxy A20, to the Nokia phone I have now.

The Droid 2 was always fun to show off to people. It looked like a normal phone, but then you'd slide out the physical QWERTY keyboard and the other person would be like... 🤯

Looks like it. Like her and Son are the only ones that will post once on this thread and then immediately logoff the website. Lol
The S5 was a damn good phone. I only got rid of mine because some software I critically needed no longer supported it.
Indeed it was. It came out in 2014, I bought it like in 2015, and was my daily driver until like 2018 or 2019. I can't remember the exact reason I was forced to switch over to a new phone, but I'd imagine it was probably a similar reason to you, likely some apps that I needed to have eventually became non-compatible with the device. The A20 I had afterwards was quite a "meh" device, The camera was meh, the hardware was meh, and the only thing it really had going for it... the fast charging, eventually killed the battery. It kinda sucked when 4-5 hours of usage would take your battery from 100% to 10%.

Back