• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Count to ∞!

It goes alright. I'm planning on playing GTA 4 here in a bit. I probably haven't tried to complete the story on that game since like 2012 or 2013. Lol. I remember it being super long, but also a really good story. How's the YIMBYYBMIY doing?

GTA4 isn't a bad choice, although going back after 5 drove me made with how bad the car handling was.

Things here could be better, could be worse. Just wasting time mostly.

Oh I know, the ultra realistic handling is something I'm still getting used to, that and the lower camera angle. Eventually you get used to it, but it takes building some muscle memory, like just how much speed and hand brake you need to perfectly round a corner without spinning out or understeering into an object. GTA V completely nerfed and dumbed down the driving though and used arcade style driving. Hopefully GTA VI will blend the two types... realism and arcade... together.

Hopefully the "could be" will eventually turn into "is." :)

Latest GTA I played was San Andreas, but I have already provided this information in this thread.
And no, I did not download the mod that let you see what he did with the street walkers/girlfriends.

Indeed, the combat system is also super nerfed as well. Pretty much the main things GTA V got right was the map, the vehicle selection, the graphics, the story, and the variety of characters. Many things ended up getting downgraded/simplified so it would be "too hard" for the pre-teen squeakers. 🙄

You should give the newer GTAs a shot, MrsShemon. Unless you didn't like GTA San Andreas, then it just might not be the type of game for you.

I loved playing San Andreas in my teen years. It is a very long time ago since I last played it, so I don't know if the modern version of me would like it as much, but it is very possible.

3,2 GHz Intel i7 processor and GeForce RTX 3060 enough for the latest GTA?

I didn't think the story or the characters were any better in GTA5. The story had better focus but got caught up on the same plots for too long, and I can't say there was a single character that I liked in the whole game.

3,2 GHz Intel i7 processor and GeForce RTX 3060 enough for the latest GTA?
Your GPU is definitely enough and then some. As for your processor, you should definitely have no problems with GTA 4 for sure, for GTA V you should be able to play it with no problems but you might need to lower the in game graphics from from high to medium for it to run without any minor frame stuttering. Otherwise, you should be good to go.

I didn't think the story or the characters were any better in GTA5. The story had better focus but got caught up on the same plots for too long, and I can't say there was a single character that I liked in the whole game.
There's things I like and dislike about both of them. For GTA 4, it had a wonderful overall story, but the main thing that got on my nerves was that 20% of the missions were basically "Drive to meet an enemy. The enemy flees in a car. You have to chase them half way across the city. Then you have to take out the enemy and his gang after the enemy arrives at another location." over and over again, which to me felt like a bit of filler material, even if the overall story is fantastic! With GTA V it does muddy things a bit with 3 playable characters, but they did manage to incorporate 3 different perspectives very well... the up and coming, the already made man, and the raging psychopath. My favorite character for me is Franklin as he's the most relatable. Second goes to Trevor as his character is interesting. He's a psychopathic ruthless killer, yet he holds his friends in high regard, and as seen by Martin Madrazo's wife, even has a very sensitive and tender side to him as well. Michael is pretty boring though. But you also have likable sub-character like Lemar who is not only funny and good at clapping insults, but is also a really good friend to Franklin, and is a bit of a numbskull as well.

Neither are of course perfect, but both... at least in my opinion... definitely do have their significant positives. I will say that GTA V is better played the second time around as it's easy to get lost in the character switching and subtle nuances of the story in the first play though, but it's still a very decent story in my opinion at least.

Eh, different people like different tastes in things, different strokes for different folks. Many people don't really care for GTA 4 but love GTA 5, but I just so happen to see the good and bad in both. Let's just hope Rockstar does GTA 6 justice and doesn't neglect the story mode in favor of the cash grab online mode.

Your GPU is definitely enough and then some. As for your processor, you should definitely have no problems with GTA 4 for sure, for GTA V you should be able to play it with no problems but you might need to lower the in game graphics from from high to medium for it to run without any minor frame stuttering. Otherwise, you should be good to go.
And here I was thinking that I had a good enough computer.
Need to by me a MacBook instead, apparently.

For all that they got wrong, they got a hell of a lot more right, in both games. I don't expect to see GTA6 for an exceptionally long time though. Apparently they're working with the development principle of "everything must be perfect", which didn't work for George Broussard and won't work for them either.

And here I was thinking that I had a good enough computer.
Need to by me a MacBook instead, apparently.
To be honest I'm more familiar with AMD processors than Intel. I'd definitely look up the minimum and maximum hardware specs of the respective games first to see where your hardware lies, but even if you are unable to play GTA V in the absolute highest settings possible flawlessly, I'd imagine your computer would play it in Medium settings with absolutely no problems at all. Looking at the specs it might even run on high graphic settings with little to no occasional frame stutters. But each OS and the respective hardware will all run the games slightly differently than one another.

Back