What are your companions' favourite activities?

Walks and socks. Seriously, socks. They're better than balls, apparently. When it's time to do laundry I just walk around the backyard with the basket. First thaw after a snowy winter is pretty hilarious...socks everywhere!
Literally I have the worst habbit of just throwing my socks off whenever and leaving them where they land...... every day I peak over my couch and I gotta just be like "is that another sock".... that look my pit gives where they look at you and the sock just falls from their mouth as if softly mumbling "yea" is the cutest thing sometimes I just let them eat it XD

my girl loves to wrestle, sometimes to a point where she's completely exhausted after. i adopted a boy few weeks ago and he doesn't seem to wrap his head around us just playing and not actually fighting and always rushes to my defense at first and a bit later just joins in. the bad part is, he probably doesn't realize his strength at times. not like he ever drew blood, i just get lots of "why are your forearms so bruised?"

lately... i even got asked whatever things with me and my dogs are ok by my close neighbors (they are nosy old people who seem to have nothing better to do than gathering gossip), because there's lots of growling/barking coming out of my house at times. luckily, i'm keeping my blinds shut at all times. i can't imagine how a guy rolling around on the carpet with a gsd and a bernard sized dogs might look like to other people.

I'll start with our (my father's) senior boy:
Despite his age, he loves to play fetch, be it with a ball, sticks or frisbees! And he is really apt at it: If he lost track of it, he strategically looks for it by searching a whole area in diagonal lines. He will not let it go until he found it!
Also, he is very happy to meet different people and to be pet by them! There's no chance to sit down on the couch without him snuggling up to you. If he is playing, sometimes he will bring the ball to people near me and invite them to play. Other dogs, however, he's more like, 'meh'.

Next up, my husky gal:
Being a husky, albeit from the show line, she loves to run, not excessively, but I reckon we spent half of our walks running! She loves to meet other dogs that cross our path. Most of the time, she tries to encourages them to play by nudging them with her paw and doing a play crouch. If they are in the mood and the surroundings allow for it, she wouldn't miss a chance to run around in circles and wrestle with other dogs. If not, she tries another time and leaves it at that.
She is also super observant and likes to just watch. Be it ducks swimming by, birds chirping in the treetops or even workers asphalting a street.
She also likes belly rubs after waking up and sometimes she enjoys being pet.
She's not really into toys, though. Her favourite is a chewing root, but once in a blue moon she even likes to play with balls, sticks and plushies.
I'm thinking about doing agility with her, not competitively though, but just for fun and to keep her noggin going. She's super clever and it took her not long to learn how to master an A frame and a tunnel.
Also, due to the fact that she loves running and being outside, I'd love to try some longer hiking sessions with her.

Last edited:
Well... umm... err... sex. But she's quite addicted to it, and most of the time I'm happy to oblige when she asks for it... which is a lot. My newfoundland also likes to go on walks and horse play/wrestle. She like to horse play with my other girl, but since my mutt mix a considerably smaller, she goes very easy on her. Wrestling with me not so much! Lol. But it's all fun and games. My newfie also has a favorite toy, which is a small stuffed animal. She treats it like her baby, it's actually pretty adorable.

Last edited:
My dog absolutely loves looking for female dogs. :D The worst part of the year is the heat season since he becomes obsessed by sniffing out females and completely forgets any training. On the other hand his second favorite activity is sex which is especially juicy at these times. :p
Then the regular dog stuff, playing, fighting down to his least favorite ear cleaning. :D Which I might never manage to train him to withstand. Luckily he does not need that much.

killing poor innocent critters of the forest. I can't keep track of all the rabbits, mice and the occasional squirrel that he's shaken to pieces.
Other than that it's tug of war and off leash hikes.

Him and the remains of a Grouse he chased down. He found out he hates feathers

20191109_104231.jpg

Last edited:
Kira loves rabbits and sleeping, being an akita she is astoundingly lazy and even when i take her with me to the pub in town she just lays on the floor next to me asleep waiting to be awoken by a stranger petting her or by food.

But it all changes when the sun goes down, she acts like she just did a line of coke and becomes insainly aware, shes only about 25kg but when she gets on a scent she can drag me along, stalk up close to a rabbit and let loose the dogo of war!
She dosent make a sound and she off like bullet.
Nothing beats the absolute pride she has on her face when she catches one.

Next day she will usually sleep in until 11, wakes up when she smells bacon....

My doggo just fuckin follows me everywhere. I even started bringing him to work with me. Other than that, he is a stoic lover. Ready to protect but other thanthat... he doesnt do shit.

Ignores toys, fetch, doesnt bark or chew, Really, he is quite boring. At 7 yrs but he's been this way since I got him. Unfortunately I think it's because of his been kept on a cage alot when he was a pup

Honestly sleeping; after my loves pull out of me, they go to lay down and nothing is better than laying beside them and running my hands through their fur until the two of us both fall asleep together. Dosen't matter if it's outside or indoors, sleeping by my good boys is always wonderful.

He grew up in the mountains and bonded with the Southwestern deserts because he loves to run, smell, and chase things, but thanks to city life becoming more common, he isn't as excited to get out and do things that dont involve car rides without a little motivation... He does love cheese and greasy meats, and has been showing it lately. I had to find a middle ground to get him up and moving when we dont have the ability to take him places to actually run and chase things all day, and I didnt wanna just cut the snacks out completely because I can't even do that myself, so now he has to work for it all.
Okay I see 😊 I live in the woods practically so we used to be out there and do tracks and walks 🙏🌟

Back