Tail or no tail?

I like the look of the original use.
I don't have a tail cut dog, so I can't speak for that.

I have dogs with cropped ears and I prefer this in terms of the appearance of the breed. Fortunately, the ears of the russian shepherd breed are cut after birth, so it does not cause any particular trauma to the puppy.
For example dobermann ears are cut at the age of 3 months, a much more problematic case. It is difficult to heal and involves pain, it is necessary to bandage it. Since I don't like dobermanns, I can't comment on that either.
Caucasians and central asians take ear cropping with ease, as it is done after birth when they are still deaf and blind. The vet has a special hot cutting machine for it.

The idiotic EU banned veterinarians from doing this operation, but a lot of vets do it(y), because it's much better than having the owner cut it off at home with kitchen scissors. :rolleyes:
Another example of when laws are created based on stupid animalprotectors.(n)

Appearance, I like it that way. The one with ears is a non-caucasian shepherd. I don't care if I'm considered a russian fagott for this. 🤷‍♂️ It is done by a vet, with minimal pain. It has nothing to do with the barbaric 50s.
It definitely causes pain. They yelp or squirm right? An interesting philosophical / moral question is: does that pain not matter if the dog doesn't remember it?

Would dog owners consent to have something unsavory done to them as long as they can't remember and it doesn't tangibly affect them? For example, would you tell a trusted friend that you are very unattracted to that when you're black out drunk/on the right drugs they can do whatever to you as long as there are no effects?

My answer to that train of logic is no, and so I would not perform cosmetic cutting on puppies.

It definitely causes pain. They yelp or squirm right? An interesting philosophical / moral question is: does that pain not matter if the dog doesn't remember it?
Do you remember the pain when your umbilical cord was cut at birth?
I wouldn't continuing the conversation btw.

Tails are cool. I'm bummed that us humans don't have tails. That is one thing that makes me think it is possible that there is a creator. "You get brains and opposable thumbs, but you give up tailes Oh, and your males lose hair too."

Well I have one of both. I have a rottweiler and a cane corso. The rottie has her tail and my corso doesn't ( was that way when I got her) they both have their pros and cons. I absolutely love seeing that little stub go crazy when I get home but if I had the choice I feel I'd choose tail.

Muscular pits are the best, American pit bull terrier specifically.
I am not one for pitbulls, never did and never will own a vicious dog like that, I am one for Malanois, German Shepherd, Rottweilers, Ridgeback, Husky, Great Dane, Boerboel 😎

I am not one for pitbulls, never did and never will own a vicious dog like that, I am one for Malanois, German Shepherd, Rottweilers, Ridgeback, Husky, Great Dane, Boerboel 😎
I get what you're saying. sadly most people would agree that they are vicious dogs, and they definitely can be don't get me wrong, but it all comes down to the owner and how you train your dog. Pits can be truly wonderful, and friendly companions.

Sorry, and no offence, I would never own a Pitbull, I own a male Rottweiler and a male German shepherd. A cross breed male and a stallion, they are my best companions 🤷‍♂️

Sorry, and no offence, I would never own a Pitbull, I own a male Rottweiler and a male German shepherd. A cross breed male and a stallion, they are my best companions 🤷‍♂️
None take, it's all good. Its a common misconception, pretty much everyone besides pit bull owners think that their no good. Rottweilers and German Shepherds are beautiful dogs.

For appearance, Tail. Although I think the Doberman is the only dog that looks better docked.

However, my main reason for tail has nothing to do with looks it's about communication. Dogs communicate through body language and the tail is apart of that. The only exceptions I could see would be for performance reasons like a guard dog or health reasons, like for a boxer.

Back