• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Subtle signs to show you’re a zoo publicly.

"An invasive species is an introduced species that harms its new environment."
A species introduced by humans specifically, which makes it a bit weird to classify humans themselves as an invasive species.

Humans are a plague on the planet!!

Cannot wait for the first human/animal hybrids to appear and take us back a step into the simple animal world
Bruh there's multiple therians in this thread we're the best you're going to get for a looong time.

A species introduced by humans specifically, which makes it a bit weird to classify humans themselves as an invasive species.
Wrong.
Invasive species can also invade new territory by migration. Nothing about a species being "invasive" mandates that humans had to be involved.

Wrong.
Invasive species can also invade new territory by migration. Nothing about a species being "invasive" mandates that humans had to be involved.
After checking Wikipedia, it appears there's actually no agreed upon definition of "invasive species," with some saying they must be introduced by humans, some saying they can have arrived naturally, and some even including native species that have invaded "human habitats" like farms. I guess this is what happens when a term gets used everywhere.

I'd never heard of "therians" until I read this thread, and while I'm not sure that's what I am, I've been alone all my life, unequipped to connect emotionally, alienated from my biological species, and I feel like because of my looks, solitary nature and weak mental health that people see me as less than human, and I like feeling that way.

On topic, I often wear a dog collar in public and have used temporary tattoos, paw prints that I bought online and applied to my sides, hips and the nape of my neck when I had the money and felt brave. I love the looks that I get, what people must be wondering about me. What they suspect is on them.

Eh... Who are you to judge what the right use for the term is, then?
Maybe the "humans" aspect of it isn't even in the original definition.
I'm not. I just assumed my definition was correct as you did, only to find the definition is disputed.

On topic, I often wear a dog collar in public and have used temporary tattoos, paw prints that I bought online and applied to my sides, hips and the nape of my neck when I had the money and felt brave. I love the looks that I get, what people must be wondering about me. What they suspect is on them.
Dog collars are often used in the general kink community in power exchange type relationships, I'd imagine if anyone assumed anything, it'd be that.

There are no subtle signs in my opinion. It's quite rare to be zoo, so it's not easily recognised.
My friends just think that I really like animals. Well... they are not totally wrong X3 But that's all, to think someone is zoo there need to be really obvious signs.

I don’t and would never have anything publicly visible, but when we often visit the dog park, I seem to get an unusual amount of attention, especially if I have recently been bred. So, it does make me wonder if some owners curiously think to themselves “hmmm…..maybe?”
Thats where my mind goes..😉

Which would make us invasive everywhere...

"An invasive species is an introduced species that harms its new environment."

The fact that we can settle in a new environment properly, hasn't historically meant that we do.
We do settle in new environments properly though and, technically, we weren't introduced to different lands, no other species brought us to other continents. Technically, we would be considered naturalized, since it took generations of humans to creep into each continent, where we learned to live off the land; similar to Armadillos in the south right now.

Like I mentioned before, Native Americans, Africans, and Oceanic nations all have. you can tell from their cultural beliefs and religions that they venerated the animals and nature in their respective environments. We became naturalized, learning how to survive in a new environment while also respecting it. Europeans were the same with their pagan/grecco-roman gods but this changed with the introduction of the Abrahemic religions that state that humans inherited the earth from their god and they spread it to the rest of the world.

Gone were the forest botanicals nurtured by Native Americans, they were cut down to make way for row cropping. Gone is the nomadic hunter/gatherer lifestyle of Africa, they were coralled into nations by the europeans cutting up their land, forced to create european like governments that is hard to sustain in such a tubulent continant. Gone is the veneration of animals many pre-colonial south american nations practiced before the conquistador raped pillaged and conqured in the name of their god. Gone are the croons who nurtured villages through plants in Europe, lost to the witch trails and the rise of capitalism. The only continant who is managing to keep some of their former identites are a few nations in Asia and their veneration of tradition, and natives in the artic, where it's too cold to live any other way. To ignore the fact that indigenous peoples knew how to respect their enviroment is to erase their culture and history with their land.

Technically humans aren't an invasive species anywhere since, biologically, we are nomadic in nature and are so versatile. we can settle peacefully into in an environment without destroying it. This is seen with ancient civilizations in the Americas, Africa, and Oceania. The thing that screwed over the environment was colonialism and capitalism, and even then we are a self-reflecting species, able to recognize cause and effect and patterns generations into the past as well as predict future trends. It's why so many young people refuse to have kids, because even if the situation now is optimal, we know it will be worse 5 or 10 years from now. No other species can recognize trends like that and deduce their choices based on distant futures. It's an inherently human trait.
i wish humans stayed nomadic and capitalism, colonialism and all that never existed

Reactions: zzn
Why you would wish to show off that you are a zoo is beyond me. Society is nowhere near ready to accept our sexual preferences. Certain states in the US aren't very happy about trans people and the gay community, so displaying any tattoo signifying you are a zoo would be a step too far. It is fine between sexual, intimate partners, if you feel safe disclosing your predilections but in the open world? No.
it's your choice mate

We do settle in new environments properly though and, technically, we weren't introduced to different lands, no other species brought us to other continents. Technically, we would be considered naturalized, since it took generations of humans to creep into each continent, where we learned to live off the land; similar to Armadillos in the south right now.

Like I mentioned before, Native Americans, Africans, and Oceanic nations all have. you can tell from their cultural beliefs and religions that they venerated the animals and nature in their respective environments. We became naturalized, learning how to survive in a new environment while also respecting it. Europeans were the same with their pagan/grecco-roman gods but this changed with the introduction of the Abrahemic religions that state that humans inherited the earth from their god and they spread it to the rest of the world.

Gone were the forest botanicals nurtured by Native Americans, they were cut down to make way for row cropping. Gone is the nomadic hunter/gatherer lifestyle of Africa, they were coralled into nations by the europeans cutting up their land, forced to create european like governments that is hard to sustain in such a tubulent continant. Gone is the veneration of animals many pre-colonial south american nations practiced before the conquistador raped pillaged and conqured in the name of their god. Gone are the croons who nurtured villages through plants in Europe, lost to the witch trails and the rise of capitalism. The only continant who is managing to keep some of their former identites are a few nations in Asia and their veneration of tradition, and natives in the artic, where it's too cold to live any other way. To ignore the fact that indigenous peoples knew how to respect their enviroment is to erase their culture and history with their land.
it's not gone, just oppressed. i'm from oceania and the culture is alive, but there is also colonialism, the culture left behind from those times.

Humans are a plague on the planet!!

Cannot wait for the first human/animal hybrids to appear and take us back a step into the simple animal world
if that happened it would not be a "step back" because humans are not a "step forward"
a step forward would be being able to breathe underwater so i can hang out with the dolphins and fish and whales n stuff

There are no subtle signs in my opinion. It's quite rare to be zoo, so it's not easily recognised.
My friends just think that I really like animals. Well... they are not totally wrong X3 But that's all, to think someone is zoo there need to be really obvious signs.
Being zoo is most certainly not rare, in fact it's so common it's hard to even call it abnormal. There was a study a while back that concluded roughly 1 in 6 Americans has had sexual contact with an animal, which would likely make it more common than bi's, gays, lesbians, trans, queers and asexuals all put together (all of which are considerably less common than most people realize). I know that sex with an animal does not a true zoo make, but even the most conservative estimates on the prevalence of romantic zoos put it as about as common as bisexuality.

i wish humans stayed nomadic and capitalism, colonialism and all that never existed
Bullshit xD

You'd rather live in makeshift tents, fighting other tribes for whatever scraps of food there are to be found?
Dodging spears and arrows, suffering from all kinds of disease, and dying before 40?

The paw-tattoo is a good choice for women, and for men too I guess!
Or you can call your dog Naughty (aka Knotty), and whenever you call him, anyone who knows will light up :)

Last edited:
I'd never heard of "therians" until I read this thread, and while I'm not sure that's what I am, I've been alone all my life, unequipped to connect emotionally, alienated from my biological species, and I feel like because of my looks, solitary nature and weak mental health that people see me as less than human, and I like feeling that way.

Those are not uncommon feelings for a therian.

Back