Introducing Dank Dark Mode on Zooville.org!

Definitely a great utility to have! Even if I don't plan on using it. IDK why, but I generally don't care for night mode myself. For some reason it makes it hard to focus on lines of text and I find myself staring at the page twice as hard to actually read and comprehend what's being said. I'm really not sure why that is, it should be the opposite, you'd think? But that's just me.

But it's still awesome that the option is there for those who love dark mode. For people other than myself, it has a lot of functionality!

Thank you for D-Dark mode. If I step away for a moment and get distracted, it reminds me that I'm still logged in and need to clear the screen before "somebody sees" it. :eek:

Thank you so much, it looks very nice! And I really love that it is an account-based toggle.

I've got one minor nitpick though: In the articles & blogs section the tab bar's text is illegible because the text color is black:
Screenshot from 2020-08-21 01-22-18.png
It seems like the CSS selectors responsible for this are ".tabs-tab.is-active", ".tabs-tab:hover" and ".tabs-tab"

Seriously once again thank you for this. It should've been here from the start. Next is to add other dark themes and never another light theme. How about we just remove it, even?
No, they should not remove the light theme. I'm glad that they added the dark theme for the people who like it, but then there's people like me who prefers light over dark. When in dark mode my eyes actually have a hard time focusing on text. I find myself working twice as hard to read. I'm really not sure why this is, but I'll always prefer light mode due to this reason.

Last edited:
Finally!!! I was using the Dark Reader extension, but it slowed down the page a lot in Tor and it also looked dark blue, not dark gray.

Introducing Dank Dark Mode on Zooville.org!

By popular request, we are happy to introduce the Dank Dark Mode for zooville.org!

To set this option, please click on your Profile ----> Preferences ------> Style ------> ZV Dank Dark Mode.

Time to enjoy the zooville night life! *Dabs

-ZTHorse

View attachment 100642
Well this is a pleasant surprise! Its the dark side for me from here on in!

Back