how old are your partner?

I am 47 and my boy will soon be 14...and can still clear a distance of 100 FT in 1 second at top speed.

other old mare!?
I know that the average age of mares is very high?
As far as I know horse average life expectancy has been going up extensively in recent years. Seeing horses still being ridden at 25-35 is getting more and more common. I believe this is primarily due to two reasons, firstly the development of wet foods that you can feed horses after their teeth wear out, and second more available access to complex veterinary care involving such things as heart and kidney treatments.

I predict there will be another major increase in life expectancy once 3D printable replacement teeth or standoffs become available for horses to replace worn away tooth material.

If veterinary developments get to keep humming along uninterrupted. I think we will one day know horses who will live into their 80s.

Of course in older times there were also horses who lived into their 40s, but I think it's becoming more common of late.

As far as I know horse average life expectancy has been going up extensively in recent years. Seeing horses still being ridden at 25-35 is getting more and more common. I believe this is primarily due to two reasons, firstly the development of wet foods that you can feed horses after their teeth wear out, and second more available access to complex veterinary care involving such things as heart and kidney treatments.

I predict there will be another major increase in life expectancy once 3D printable replacement teeth or standoffs become available for horses to replace worn away tooth material.

If veterinary developments get to keep humming along uninterrupted. I think we will one day know horses who will live into their 80s.

Of course in older times there were also horses who lived into their 40s, but I think it's becoming more common of late.
even though many people (at least where I live) do not share it, in addition to a significant veterinary step forward there has been a marked improvement in food outside of grass and hay, mine unfortunately makes great use of it due to dental problems (but not all age-related unfortunately) it must be said that the balance of an elderly horse is still very delicate and needs more attention, in particular, more movement!

Well, my male just turned 10 tears old 2 days ago, and my female is 4,5 years old.
I have lost 5 dogs, I guess that they don't count here.

Z

I'm Fift(sputter sputter cough) years old,

I got myself another Wolfdog, he was a Surrender from an apartment dweller.
didn't know how to be an outside dog at all. got him at 18 months as a Neutered Surrender.
Mind you he's 18 months and weighs 78 Lbs already.
20200707_065637-sm.jpg
20200528_092513.jpg
Now he's 25 months old & 85 Lbs. and LOVES being outdoors. and is the happiest dog, I've seen in a long time.

Back