Deep quotes you heard or made up?

“Life lesson number three: Nature might throw a bag full of random events across your path, but you’re still in control of the destination. Fate is a dishonest view of life.”

"I like unexplained things. Unexplained things ooze low expectations. If something is unexplained, that means even the best thinkers havn’t come up with a rational reason for its existence, which gives everyone else the freedom not to bother worrying about it."

"I like unexplained things. Unexplained things ooze low expectations. If something is unexplained, that means even the best thinkers havn’t come up with a rational reason for its existence, which gives everyone else the freedom not to bother worrying about it."
Like when a webserver returns the error message “an unexpected error occured…”
I always wants to ask what an expected error is then.

I am not an alcoholic.
Alcoholics go to meetings. I go to parties.
OK, I'm ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN I've heard/read that (or a *VERY* close variation of it) SOMEWHERE before, but I'l be damned if I can remember the source... Seems to me like something Stephen King might have had one (or several over the years?) of his characters say, but there are so many possibilities for "who delivered the line" that would fit that it doesn't help much to narrow it down...

OK, I'm ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN I've heard/read that (or a *VERY* close variation of it) SOMEWHERE before, but I'l be damned if I can remember the source... Seems to me like something Stephen King might have had one (or several over the years?) of his characters say, but there are so many possibilities for "who delivered the line" that would fit that it doesn't help much to narrow it down...
I have just translated it from my language. But where it came from originally ?

I have just translated it from my language. But where it came from originally ?
Will Ferrell - Old School (and he repeated it in Anchor Man)
“I’m not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings, I’m a drunk, I go to parties“

Last edited:
Back