• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Count to ∞!

Heh, ya got me. I just Googled "Australian beer" and it was the first thing that came up. Foster's then? Maybe Shacksbury Classic?
Fosters? What am I? An American?!

If you're going to stereotype my drinking habits, at least make it the right stereotype and have me drinking Carlton Draught.

Most famous, not the most popular, definitely not the best.
Makes sense, when it comes to horse piss water over here, people usually grab a Budweiser, Cooers, or a Miller. I've gotten Foster's a few times and eh, it pretty much tastes like you run of the mill beer. Nothing special.

I told you, I was drinking apple cider. It's like drinking beer, except fruitier.
Hmm... must have forgotten that detail. Is that your favorite poison of choice, or just the one you happened to be in the mood for?

Generally, yeah. I never was a big fan of beer (at least not the common ones - a good craft beer can be fantastic) and I always overdo it with spirits, so cider seems like a good compromise.
Cider isn't bad, over here the most popular one you can find on the shelf is Angry Orchard. It's pretty good, but a little on the pricey side. Normally I'll go for a nice sweet red or sangrita wine if I'm in the mood for something around the 7-10% ABV range. Although I have to watch some of the brands when it comes to sangrita, the cheaper stuff, while tasty, will give me heartburn if I'm not careful. Other than that, I'll typically go for 80 proof vodka or clear rum mixed with apple/grape/strawberry juice. Usually 1 part vodka, 2 parts juice. Makes for a tasty drink that won't leave your chest burning.

A hangover, maybe?
Cider isn't bad, over here the most popular one you can find on the shelf is Angry Orchard. It's pretty good, but a little on the pricey side. Normally I'll go for a nice sweet red or sangrita wine if I'm in the mood for something around the 7-10% ABV range. Although I have to watch some of the brands when it comes to sangrita, the cheaper stuff, while tasty, will give me heartburn if I'm not careful. Other than that, I'll typically go for 80 proof vodka or clear rum mixed with apple/grape/strawberry juice. Usually 1 part vodka, 2 parts juice. Makes for a tasty drink that won't leave your chest burning.
Good choices, except for the wine. Wines tend to taste very acrid to me, especially reds. It's like sucking fruit juice through one straw and turpentine through another.

Back