• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Count to ∞!

Well, I won't lie and say absolutely none. The states that have legalized recreational marijuana have seen a slight uptick with people driving under the influence. There's also people that should stay away from marijuana, which are the same people that should stay away from alcohol as well... those with an addictive personality. But overall, legalization provides more benefits to society, than drawbacks. Namely, not throwing people in jail over a quarter ounce of pot. Hell... one guy even got busted three times and due to the laws of that particular state he got 20 years to life in prison. Now that's absolutely ridiculous.
American range of punishment can be ridiculuously high compared to the Swedish. (Ours can be ridiculuously low.) A minor drug offence can lead to fines or prison for up to six months. Especially serious drug offence can lead to prison for up to ten years. If the goal is to reduce the time spent in prison, there are other less drastic options than legalization.
Just because it's legal doesn't mean you have to like it. I say legalize it and let people choose for themselves. Huge life ruining penalties for a plant makes zero sense.
(Say that to the anti-abortionists/pro-lifers.) I already tolerate alcohol and tobacco. Isn't it enough? Society's cost for alcohol is estimated to 103 billion Swedish kronas, smoking to 31 billion. 31 billion is what every GP and nurse in primary care cost. It's expensive.
Not too bad either. About to take my gals for a short walk, and then I'm going to pour me a glass of the beverage Son is afraid of! Lol
I'm afraid of no spirits!

(Say that to the anti-abortionists/pro-lifers.) I already tolerate alcohol and tobacco. Isn't it enough? Society's cost for alcohol is estimated to 103 billion Swedish kronas, smoking to 31 billion. 31 billion is what every GP and nurse in primary care cost. It's expensive.

I'm afraid of no spirits!

I don't know, there's plenty of other issues around that are touchy subjects.

Anyway I wasn't trying to counter point you or argue. Just wanted to share my view.

Back