Any ressources about dog vasectomy?

I wonder if there's any statistics at all on the success rate of vasectomy reversal in dogs. Though honestly with the advancement of artificial insemination in dogs I wouldn't think it's generally necessary anyways since you can usually collect and freeze.
I think that if you ask for vasectomy reversal on your dog it would be a first and the procedure would be documented for some vet abstract 🤣

I couldn't find anything about how common vets do it, if it is inclued in vet school or any owners experiences who asked for one.

Are a lot of vets aware of this procedure?
Is it common for them to hear about it?
Is vasectomy accepted when you must nuter before adopting in a shelter? (if not already done)

I have posted 2 links to places with info on alternative birth control methods here:

I have posted 2 links to places with info on alternative birth control methods here:
Thank you but this exact site has been reffered to me two times already on this thread and it's not really informative besides getting names. I'm more interested in studies. ^^

what's very concerning about those vets is that they don't keep up with latest researches, meaning they don't keep up to date with new knowledge. So now, my concern is if they don't keep up in this field, where else they lacking behind, and if my dog needs treatment, whether that treatment will fall into one of those areas where they are lacking behind .....
It's a mixed bag really and is SO specific down to the individual. Not just the clinic. The regular one I work with the vet flatly admits that there are health risks to full castration and they don't push it unless it has become clear there is a need, either medical, or their female keeps having "oopsies" pregnancies. The way she put it there was such a hard push in the 90s to sterilize everything as early as possible because you never knew when the person would be back and they were trying to lower the total population so drastically. It was commonly accepted that there were no health risks to castrations as early as 6 weeks.

They were out for one appointment and the other vet was like taken aback that my dogs all had balls and treated it like it was a death sentence.

I know right, it's such a shame there isn't a lot of informations about it.. Like I know some vets do it but that's all I can find, and especially if it has been done in shelters I have nothing :/
If you have Facebook there's a group called "Ovary Sparing Spay and Vasectomy Info Group" that's full of information and people happy to answer questions.

Back