Will a male who is used to fucking still fuck after neutering?

Gsd4ever

Tourist
I'm trying to train my males right now. One needs to be neutered next month due to some temperament issues. If he is used to fucking me, is he likely to still fuck after neutering? Is there any chance of him still being horny?

From what I have seen personally and in the forums here, the pups interest in sex will be lost permanently.

The procedure is generally a way to eliminate all breeding intentions indefinitely

there are some very rare cases of neutered boys still interested, i wouldn't hold my breath tho. the point of mutilation is to get rid of any sexual behavior...

relatedly, i'm no certified canine trainer, but is there really not a single new method of handling "temperament issues" besides mutilation in this day and age? good old regular sex maybe?

I'm trying to train my males right now. One needs to be neutered next month due to some temperament issues. If he is used to fucking me, is he likely to still fuck after neutering? Is there any chance of him still being horny?
Yes he will. My friend has hers neutered & he still mounts her.

If a dog has reached sexual maturity before being neutered and they have had sexual experiences of some kind then they typically will still have fun after the procedure. Now the sexual drive can get lowered and some dogs could lose it all together but I have been mated by dogs, both intact and fixed before. I've also been mated by dogs who began intact then they still wanted to make love after being fixed, and this is months after as well.

My friend neutered his dog to change behavior and his dog would still mount. He just wouldn't do it as often. He also just got really overweight, acted depressed, and still was agressive towards unknown persons. So he did the procedure for nothing. Personally, I find it odd that people will just cut off they dogs balls because they don't like their dogs personality. It doesn't always work and it seems kinda barbaric. But hey, I don't know you guys' situation. Do what you gotta do.

I was wondering about this so I did some research. Seems that neutering can cause more problems than previously believed, and that some vets will administer testosterone to dogs to treat a variety of problems. So perhaps a neutered dog would get his mojo back with testosterone treatments.

(I'm not suggesting that any owners of fixed dogs actually do this; I'm simply sharing info.)

I’ve never seen a Neutered dog hump another dog but I have heard of it happening so I think in some cases it could work

All I can say, I had to neuter my dog because of medical issues, and since that he has no interest in sexual interactions any more.

Old thread, but neutering for temperment would be a last chance option for me as I feel it's usually better to fix behavior issues as behavior and leave surgery for health concerns. Perhaps engage a behaviorist if it's outside of one's own understanding to resolve and only when all that's left is sugery would I consider that. Not because I would be concerned about sex, but because I don't think neutering usually solves behavioral issues despite it being a popular reason for promoting it.

That said, sometimes they retain interest, sometimes not. I have a male who was largely unaffected by a necessary neuter, been many years and he still chases the bitches and hustles for handjobs.

@Gsd4ever any update?

I’ve never seen a Neutered dog hump another dog but I have heard of it happening so I think in some cases it could work
I've seen it a few times. My dog gets humped by both females and males showing pink. He is quite a cutie 😅

But is more a domination issue than a real sexual humping trying to reach a target.

Back