Why do dogs lick human women so intensely?

inkyabyssal

Tourist
Just a random thought accrued to me and that is, why do dogs give such intense lickings to human women? I’ve never seen them do it to female dogs like they do to humans. Like they get all In there with humans, deep licking and everything! Does anyone know why they do this? Just a silly question lol ^_^;

why do dogs give such intense lickings to human women?
They lick equally enthusiastically when you are a guy as well.
I’ve never seen them do it to female dogs like they do to humans.
Then you have not seen my dog. :D
Like they get all In there with humans, deep licking and everything! Does anyone know why they do this? Just a silly question lol ^_^;
Canine vagina is not big enough to fit the snout, if it was, my dog would be a vaginal diving expert.

Just a random thought accrued to me and that is, why do dogs give such intense lickings to human women?
Not all do but most do. The ones that like it really seem to like it. I have never contemplated why though. I just enjoyed the ride? "Vaginal diving expert" is quite an apt description as well ;)

That's such a good question, it probably tastes good? And I feel like female dogs don't tolerate it.

Thanks for the ping @LuvelyLeda
Just a random thought accrued to me and that is, why do dogs give such intense lickings to human women? I’ve never seen them do it to female dogs like they do to humans. Like they get all In there with humans, deep licking and everything! Does anyone know why they do this? Just a silly question lol ^_^;
As for the reasons... There's several. It's also important to keep in mind that you're also witnessing survivorship bias. You're not seeing videos of all the dogs that dont like licking a woman.
Some dogs are into it, some aren't. There are plenty of videos of women trying to coax their dog to lick them and the dog just isn't interested.

However... that being said... lets focus on the dogs that do. Part of it is conditioning. When a dog gets praised while doing it, they're more likely to want to do it again to get praise. Pretty simple really... when a dog realizes that if he licks his owners vagina that he'll get lots of love and attention... what do you think they're going to be motivated to do? ;)
Now assuming a woman doesn't have a rancid smelling and tasting pussy, the dog will probably be into it because they like the taste of us in general. Dogs like to lick out skin because our sweat contains salt which they like the flavor of. Beyond that, dogs like the way we smell when they associate a certain smell to their owner that loves them and that they love in return.
But two and two together and you've got another obvious factor. When they're right up next to our skin licking us they get nice strong whiffs of our scent.
A dog licking their owner is enjoyable for them. And our scent is going to be much stronger in our crotches.

The taste of a human vagina (again assuming its not rancid) will be much stronger than just licking our skin and smelling our sweat... So once a dog gets used to the way their owner smells and tastes down there... and that they get tons of praise when they do it... Is there really any question why they like it?

They praised for doing something that they enjoy.

Do you think any of it has anything to do with sexual instincts?
"Sexual Instincts?"... no. I think the sexual aspect of it for them is learned based on reading our body language and behavioral conditioning based on how we respond... and what we normally want them to do next. ;)

Dogs are incredibly smart and they can learn from our behavior very easily. If it was instinctual then there wouldn't really be a training process to get a male dog to mount a human female properly. It's easy enough to see in amateur vs professional zoo videos.
In a lot of the amateur videos the human has to provide some initial suggestion and encouragement. However you can see in the professional ones... the moment a woman takes off her panties that the dog is ready to go and knows he's getting pussy. If it were an instinct you'd see the same behavior in all dogs. The stark difference between those examples is a pretty clear indicator that it's learned behavior.
It's not like the dog isn't happy and enjoying whats happening. But it's something that he's learned that he enjoys more so than his instinct is causing him to be happy.

I'd say its learned sexual behavior... not instinctual. I'd argue the same goes for oral sex for humans. It's not instinctual, but we've learned to enjoy doing it for our partners.

When a woman spreads her legs and encourages the doggie to lick her, the dog will usually respond. Taste and texture are a good combination for woman and her pet. A woman who is being licked enjoys the sensual pleasure. The doggie enjoys the taste of a warm juicy pussy while the lady voices her approval. Both get what they want/need. Nice arrangement for the lady and her four legged private pleasure.
Ladies, if you have an itch, scratch it.:love: It will take the edge off the work week.

"Sexual Instincts?"... no. I think the sexual aspect of it for them is learned based on reading our body language and behavioral conditioning based on how we respond... and what we normally want them to do next. ;)

Dogs are incredibly smart and they can learn from our behavior very easily. If it was instinctual then there wouldn't really be a training process to get a male dog to mount a human female properly. It's easy enough to see in amateur vs professional zoo videos.
In a lot of the amateur videos the human has to provide some initial suggestion and encouragement. However you can see in the professional ones... the moment a woman takes off her panties that the dog is ready to go and knows he's getting pussy. If it were an instinct you'd see the same behavior in all dogs. The stark difference between those examples is a pretty clear indicator that it's learned behavior.
It's not like the dog isn't happy and enjoying whats happening. But it's something that he's learned that he enjoys more so than his instinct is causing him to be happy.

I'd say its learned sexual behavior... not instinctual. I'd argue the same goes for oral sex for humans. It's not instinctual, but we've learned to enjoy doing it for our partners.
I think there's a difference between training and experience. How much can you teach a dog to aim accurately for a pussy, and how much does he teach himself through trial and error? Same goes for hanging on for a tie rather than jumping off perhaps?

Dogs will like to lick things that they think tastes interesting, probably cause it's fun, probably to show affection, and probably cause it gives them information about who or what they're licking. Go for a run and get sweaty, and your dog will probably lick you as intensely whether you're a guy or a girl.

With that said, from my experience I'm 100% sure that my partner is aware that licking my vagina is a sexual thing. When he's horny, it's ALWAYS the first thing he'll want to do. He never licks me anywhere else on my body the way he eats me out, and he really really loves it too. I know it's natural behavior for male dogs to do that to female dogs to get the female in the mood to let him have sex with her, so I think that behavior just carries on with a human partner? It'd be nice if he licked other parts of my body during foreplay the same way he eats me out... but meh.

If someone on ZV has an answer, it'll probably be @allyfitz . She's a big brained scientist.
I agree with what you say about genital licking being an instinctive part of foreplay in dogs. I used to have an old textbook extract which described the process step by step, I think I posted it on BF probably. Anyway, one of the other things I remembered is that the bitch often pees in the presence of the male as part of the courtship ritual.

The reason you don't see female dogs getting their vaginas licked is because they are hardly ever in season whereas a human vagina is basically receptive at all times as the dog can perfectly well tell. I bet a dog bitch in estrus gets licked like crazy, though the frenzy of horn induced in the male probably results in a rapid attempt at a mount.

Back