Who here grew up on a farm?

farm/ranch for me. when you live in the middle of a bunch of acres, wayyy away from anything...and pretty much left to your own devices during the summers as a young boy to fish and hunt or...stare intently every time a horse cock would drop to take a piss. 🤷‍♂️

i mean, there are more cattle in my county than people..

Worked on a farm for a few years but never grew up on one. Sadly that farm was owned by a school I attended so I never had a chance to fully bond with the animals. I've connected with them and took care of them but nothing beyond that

I grew up on a farm in North east Arkansas. The largest was 400 acres. We had cattle, goats, horses, dogs, cats, large garden I had pigeons as pets as well. We had our own milk from the cows and ,liked about 50:goats by hand and sold their milk to a plant that processed a goat Milk.

it was a hard working life

The exact opposite for me. But we had a zoo with reptiles pretty close. So, I never learned how to milk a cow or shoe a horse.

I grew up on a cattle station which is kinda like a farm just on a much bigger scale. Lots of cattle, horses, pigs and dogs, mostly working dogs, Blue Healers and Kelpies.
The zoosexual world never crossed my mind back then though.

I grew up on a hobby farm. We had a couple horses and goats. It was a great experience growing up with them throughout my formative years.

up until just before puberty, my parents always kept chickens and my grandparents next door had chickens and cows and of course a large cast of dogs. My grandpa also used to buy captured mustangs from put west and train them. It's been intermittent since then, we moved a few times to a few different cities, but moved back to the farm when I was 17. Then I moved way up to a big city in the northwest US for school, and moved back to the farm when I finished. Now that I've been out of my parents' house I've been working on my own farm.

While not what you would expect a farm to be, my mother bought enough different animals to be legally considered a farm. We had a horse, pigs, goats, chickens, dogs, and cats.

yeah i grew up on a small farm. Horses, cattle, hay, dogs, cats, chickens. Neighbor had hogs and sheep. Lots to do.

I grew up on a hobby farm, we had goats, chickens, geese and livestock dogs. Furthest I went with any of them was getting the goat to lick me though

I somewhat grew up on a farm. We had Jack/Jennie, coon dogs, chickens, and couple cats. Jennie was fun, and the coon dogs where nice to play with.

Back