What's the story behind your username?

Everybody had a nickname in the small town I grew up in and eventually moved back to over 30 years ago and my nickname was Spud. After I joined the Navy my squadron was playing football against another squadron and while we were playing I kept knocking the center of the other team on his ass. He was about 6'5" and weighed about 260 pounds while I only weighed about 210 pounds and was just over a little bit over 6 feet tall. When the game was over and we were all sitting on the back of my pickup truck drinking beer, he walked up with a couple of guys from his squadron and when he saw the University of Alabama emblem on my back window he slapped one of his buddies in the chest and said. "See, I told you that sonofabitch was either from Texas or Alabama!" Anyway we drank a bunch of beers together and after that all my buddies started calling me Texasspud even though I was from Alabama.

My name is trying to reflex the way a dog sounds when it barks. In Denmark it's called "vuf" but i always thought it sound more like vrufff ?

It's the most canadian thing I could think of for a name that wasn't actually my name or a username I've used elsewhere

The original title for a solo music project I was working on, decided to switch the title midway through recording. Things come and go as the creative juices flow, that one never saw the light of day

The original title for a solo music project I was working on, decided to switch the title midway through recording. Things come and go as the creative juices flow, that one never saw the light of day
Hey! I too am a one band band. I like creating original rock/metal music. What genre of music do you create?

I make a lot of ambient music. But that specific project was mainly noise mixed with jazz and digital hardcore
Ah, definitely not my personal taste in music. But I always like to see someone interested in the musical arts. Music is definitely one of my passions, even if it doesn't fit here very well. (Part of me wants to write a non-serious song about zoo and upload it here! Lol)

I make a lot of ambient music. But that specific project was mainly noise mixed with jazz and digital hardcore

definitely interested in ambient music here. would you be willing to share a sample? barring that, who would you say has influenced you? who do you like?

definitely interested in ambient music here. would you be willing to share a sample? barring that, who would you say has influenced you? who do you like?
I dont have any samples on me at the moment, I've been packing up to move, so all my hardrives and flash drives of music are in my garage somewhere ?

For inspiration/artists I like, I'd say Aphex Twin, The Caretaker, and Sleep Research Facility just to name a few

If it's like the PMs, ZV doesn't allow audio files to be uploaded. My workaround for that is just to change the .mp3 file extension to .txt before uploading.

@Ghsxty make sure you clear all EXIF data before sending any files, as well as make sure the music has never been posted publically under your name.

If it's like the PMs, ZV doesn't allow audio files to be uploaded. My workaround for that is just to change the .mp3 file extension to .txt before uploading.

@Ghsxty make sure you clear all EXIF data before sending any files, as well as make sure the music has never been posted publically under your name.
Mp4 can be used costs more space but can be done.

This was the name of my very first world of warcraft character which i created in the beta test of the original game which i have not played since.

Back