what should i do if my dog ate my weed

joem8178

Lurker
look ik i sound careless asf rn💀 but i have a 3 month old boxer/pit mix and bro is jumpy asf. So like i put my weed in my nightstand drawer, i go downstairs to make me a sandwhich and then i hear a loud ass bang, so i go upstairs thinking my dog just dropped my fan or sum, but nah i see my nightstand knocked down and my dog just grubbin my weed, so i soon as i seen the drawer completely off the nightstand and my dog going to town on some weed i obviously pick it up and place it on my dresser, then i open my dogs mouth and try and take it out it but it’s to late. Rn my dog is just stumbling and will not stop pissin. I want to take bro to the vet but my personal vet is out of town. What should i do while i get ready to go?

Not much you need to do, it's not decarboxylated so it doesn't have much psychoactive effect through ingestion. Might be sleepy 🤷

Tablespoon of salt and hold hold his mouth shut so he swallows it will make him vomit. Had one get into rat poison in the shop and that was the direction from the vet.

Tablespoon of salt and hold hold his mouth shut so he swallows it will make him vomit. Had one get into rat poison in the shop and that was the direction from the vet.
hydrogen peroxide is a much better option works way faster.
As for a weed eating dog? A crate works until I wares off depending on how much they ate.

Hunh. Search results say it's actually toxic to dogs. Scary.

How's your pupper doing today? I hope he's recovered!

Take the dog to the vet!!! don't follow these home remedies. Honestly just take it to the vet, and tell the vet the dog ate your weed. they are not the police, they will not report you or have your dog taken away as long as you pay the bill and don't have this happen all the time. The vets can tell almost right away when a dog has eaten weed, but they need to know for sure to rule out any serious health conditions that share similar symtpoms. Weed is toxic to dogs, specifically the THC part. CBD is common in a lot of things, including treats and things for dogs but the CBD is only one part of weed and it is the non toxic part. The THC is the part that gets a person high and will kill a dog in amounts smaller than you think.
Making the dog vomit does not help and feeding hydrogen peroxide or salt will also kill the dog through aspiration, aka drowning, and salt poisoning. feeding something that tastes bad, like peroxide will cause the dog to panic and cough or spit it out, opening the airway and as they breath it gets sucked into the lungs and can cause drowning hours or days later--look up secondary drowning or dry drowning.
if you are not willing to take your dog to the vet, don't get or have a dog. If you do not have the money to take your dog to the vet orproperly care for it,get rid of the dog and don'thaveone. Caring for your animal partner, making sure they are safe happy and healthy is the number one rule in zoo. avaoiding vets is not okay and should defintely be against zoo standards.

That is really old school medicine and no longer safe today. A spoonful of salt is more likely to kill the pet than the poison and quicker too. The amount of salt needed to make a dog vomit is toxic and is not reliable at all. poisons vary among brands and types so vomiting can make things worse. most packages of rat poiison specifically say not to induce vomiting. This really isn't safe advice to give at all, ever. If someone's dog ate something toxic, they need to go to a vet, not ask strangers on a forum. Number one rule of zoo is animal welfare and compassion, avoiding a vet bill is not it. weed toxicity isserious and not treatable with home remedies.

Hunh. Search results say it's actually toxic to dogs. Scary.

How's your pupper doing today? I hope he's recovered!
Up until states started legalizing it they considered it toxic for people also lol. It effects them almost the same as it effects us. Granted some dogs, just like people, can be light-weights or have slow metabolism making the high last a lot longer and be more intense. Everyone I’ve known who called a vet due to their dog grubbing their stash ended up letting the dog sleep it off.

I’ve known dogs that love it and will search it out as a result. Known a couple dogs that would tattle on visitors by trying to get into the pocket it was in. Other dogs like mine want nothing to do with it. When you have one who likes it it makes life tricky though because just like drug dogs they will find it, and that can get expensive lol.

Hope the pup recovered with some sleep. Hope he learned a lesson also lol. I remember the first time I got too high, didn’t do that again for awhile

hydrogen peroxide is a much better option works way faster.
As for a weed eating dog? A crate works until I wares off depending on how much they ate.
absolutely not safe...weed is toxic to dogs, any amount ingested needs to see a vet. the THC will kill a dog. And beforeyou say "my dog has been fine before" you've been lucky, extremely lucky. But i'm also concnerned that this has happened multiple times it seems...why is it so hard for people to keeptheir weed in a locked box or pill container in a medicine cabinet?

Hydrogen Peroxide breaks down the plasma membrane of cells, NEVER ingest it. Its not even supposed to be used in cleaning wounds.

look ik i sound careless asf rn💀 but i have a 3 month old boxer/pit mix and bro is jumpy asf. So like i put my weed in my nightstand drawer, i go downstairs to make me a sandwhich and then i hear a loud ass bang, so i go upstairs thinking my dog just dropped my fan or sum, but nah i see my nightstand knocked down and my dog just grubbin my weed, so i soon as i seen the drawer completely off the nightstand and my dog going to town on some weed i obviously pick it up and place it on my dresser, then i open my dogs mouth and try and take it out it but it’s to late. Rn my dog is just stumbling and will not stop pissin. I want to take bro to the vet but my personal vet is out of town. What should i do while i get ready to go?
update, bro is doing good but vet said don’t go across he county to get to a vet and just take him to the one in ur city, understandable tbh but he’s cool now.

Back