What do you keep next to your bed?

a pack of cards i got that i dont use because i cant play. two ash trays from las vegas i dont use because i dont smoke. a padlock. an infered thermometer. a flash drive and a harddrive. a couple of knives for opening boxes. a folded up poster. a small plastic skeleton missing the arms and legs. tweezers. an empty vape pen i dont use because i dont vape. an sd card. and some coins.

A pellet gun (it will eventually be a real gun), lube for my female dogs, alarm clock, cell phone, bottle of water, heartburn medication, my regular medication, and often my dog. Usually if my dog isn't in my bed, she's laying next to it.

Edit: And now a Springfield XD Compact 9mm pistol for protection.

Last edited:
A glass of water and a kind of bowl to catch vomit in the case that my dog should start to throw up in the middle of the night ... Why am I the only one who has a doggy vomit bowl ready?

(The bowl can also be used to put awns into which I sometimes find in the fur while petting. Or for fur in shedding times.)

Nothing next to my bed, but underneath I have a box with some fleshlights, a dildo and some lube for myself and another box full of snacks

I have a night stand where I keep my alarm clock, phone, lamp, and a pic of my mom. Now what's INSIDE the night stand is lube and my glass dildo, lol.

Shotgun, phone, glasses, and everything. Actually everything. My room is small and I don't have much c:

How far away is "next to"?

Interesting that a .38 special is one of the first things on your list of examples.

Interesting because next to the lamp, a dollar-store flashlight, my roll of Tums, the usual bottle of water, a box of kleenex, whatever book I currently happen to be using as bedtime reading material, and (sometimes) my cell phone, keys, and Leatherman Wave, you'll find my S&W Model 15 - which is indeed a .38 special.

Should it seem needful, there's also an AR15 with a full mag in the well and a dazzler light on the rail sitting parked in the corner on the other side of the nightstand, roughly 4 feet away from the bed itself.

(Before anybody starts in about unsafe gun storage practices, I live in a rugrat-free zone, so unless one makes an unauthorized entry (after first climbing over or otherwise bypassing at least one locked gate in the perimeter fence that encloses the entire property) there's zero concern about kiddies getting their hands on the shooting irons, and every adult other than myself who's even slightly likely to enter is made aware, in no uncertain terms, that the line "there is no such thing as an unloaded gun" is not only the first rule of gun safety, but a totally literal statement of fact about every firearm within the walls of my domicile that isn't in some stage of disassembly)

I've been sitting here quietly alarmed by all these people sleeping next to heavy ordinance but then I remembered I used to sleep with a specialized knife big enough to count as a short sword under my pillow so really who am I to judge

(But at least I won't shoot thru the neighbors' house with a knife...)

I've been sitting here quietly alarmed by all these people sleeping next to heavy ordinance but then I remembered I used to sleep with a specialized knife big enough to count as a short sword under my pillow so really who am I to judge

You have to consider that there’s a lot of us Americans in here. And if anyone here has a over penetration issue, you probably should dim down your loads a bit or use hollows and or fragmenting pills.

You have to consider that there’s a lot of us Americans in here. And if anyone here has a over penetration issue, you probably should dim down your loads a bit or use hollows and or fragmenting pills.
Good point, I didn't consider that ammo changes could solve that problem. Puts me more at ease about it (ed. for spelling, DYAC)

I don't have neighbors close enough to worry about that!

a 10m cable extender for my phone's charger
if I unplug my phone, I have 10min to plug it back in before it turns off

hooray for iphones

Damn son, who would’ve thought that these zoos be packing so much heat? I too keep my AR, a pistol, rubbers, and lube next to the bed. Gotta be prepared for anything

I’m a fan of the old fashioned guns. S&W .38 is just a solid classic 👍
Indeed it is. Big enough to be effective in most situations, not so "hand-cannon-ish" as to be unpleasant to either carry or use, lots of versatility in loading available, and a long history of rock-solid reliability. For my nickel, the only thing better than my Model 15 in a similar package would have to be its bigger brother, the Model 19 in .357 Magnum. (or the 66, if you're a fan of the "shiny" look - same gun, 'cept stainless instead of blued)

Back