Trauma-phile

Caligula95

Tourist
Anyone else think that maybe childhood traumas such as abuse, neglect or abandonment issues led them to this lifestyle? Maybe an antisocial personality disorder? Just wondering. Studies say that verbal and emotional abuse at a young age could create a zoophile(Not sure if that is the preferred description, no insult intended).

it's kinda easy to imagine someone who got abused as kid and maybe sought emotional comfort in an animal companion (like a family dog) and thing just went from there to not really needing any emotional connection from fellow humans. i wouldn't be surprised if there were some like that here.

i had a perfectly normal childhood, not very social but not completely antisocial either and here i am, a zoo-exclusive. i think "abuse => zoophile" is not a rule, just a possibility

I guess if you define abuse loosely enough you can find some in the history of everyone - keep in mind that everything that makes you feel unloved or rejected activates the same regions in the brain that process pain, even if it just consists of not getting your sweetie at the super market register, so everyone has something they can remember that hurt them in their childhood. So if you want to link zoophilia to trauma you can absolutely find something with everyone. Even getting hit as a child by your parents one or the other time isn't uncommon and even if you can't find something there other children of your peer group absolutely did horrible stuff to you if you take a minute to remember.

Anyone else think that maybe childhood traumas such as abuse, neglect or abandonment issues led them to this lifestyle? Maybe an antisocial personality disorder? Just wondering. Studies say that verbal and emotional abuse at a young age could create a zoophile(Not sure if that is the preferred description, no insult intended).
Everyone’s different. You’ll find quite a few people here who lived normal happy childhoods. I’d be lying if I said I was the same, and I’m one for transparency.

My parents had issues of their own, from PTSD to abuse and abandonment from their own parents. So naturally, that abuse was projected onto me. I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point in my childhood, I “imprinted” on one of the family dogs. I do remember them as always being comforting figures in my life, so there’s that.

But I don’t suffer from anti-social personality disorder, just some pretty bad anxiety which I’ve learned to maneuver around over the years. People tell me I seem cold and aloof on the outside, and it’s true that I have a pretty big space bubble around most people, but once you get to know me, you realize I’m just like anyone else. I’ve just got a hard outer shell. I like being around people and I have friends that I truly love to spend time with, but they do drain my energy a lot more than when I’m around animals.

I don’t necessarily view my attachment to animals because of past strife as a bad thing. I think of it like this: Artists may get inspiration and create their finest works from past trauma or pain. The trauma was bad, but what came out of it was something beautiful.

It may have started off as a way to comfort myself as a child, and still to this day I find comfort in my animal partner, but now that I’m an adult, I don’t really have to rely on animals as much as I used to. My parents have since apologized for how they treated me as a young child. The road is rough but I’m learning to live with the effects of their abuse and getting better everyday. I’m lucky enough to have recognized that I needed some help adjusting in the world early on.

It’s definetly evolved. My feelings towards animals, I mean. At first it was something for comfort, I think. Then I began to view them in a more sexual light, which then went on to become more romantic feelings. Or maybe I was just born with liking animal genitalia ingrained in my head. How should I know?

If I was still dependent on animals for comfort, then I’d view it as a bad thing. But I can function now with or without my partner by my side. So in the end, I can still have a healthy relationship with him even with those past issues in mind.

It’s good to keep in mind that one can face abuse, but still live normal, healthy lives if they walk the right path. I was lucky enough to have the resources and the self-awareness to do so.

While hypersexuality is often associated with trauma or bipolar, depression and other illnesses, to be a specific orientation because of such would be unusual.
Mind you, sexuality research regarding this IS in its infancy.

This has been brought up many times, thusfar theres no correlation that I've seen that makes me believe it does.

Everyone’s different. You’ll find quite a few people here who lived normal happy childhoods. I’d be lying if I said I was the same, and I’m one for transparency.

My parents had issues of their own, from PTSD to abuse and abandonment from their own parents. So naturally, that abuse was projected onto me. I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point in my childhood, I “imprinted” on one of the family dogs. I do remember them as always being comforting figures in my life, so there’s that.

But I don’t suffer from anti-social personality disorder, just some pretty bad anxiety which I’ve learned to maneuver around over the years. People tell me I seem cold and aloof on the outside, and it’s true that I have a pretty big space bubble around most people, but once you get to know me, you realize I’m just like anyone else. I’ve just got a hard outer shell. I like being around people and I have friends that I truly love to spend time with, but they do drain my energy a lot more than when I’m around animals.

I don’t necessarily view my attachment to animals because of past strife as a bad thing. I think of it like this: Artists may get inspiration and create their finest works from past trauma or pain. The trauma was bad, but what came out of it was something beautiful.

It may have started off as a way to comfort myself as a child, and still to this day I find comfort in my animal partner, but now that I’m an adult, I don’t really have to rely on animals as much as I used to. My parents have since apologized for how they treated me as a young child. The road is rough but I’m learning to live with the effects of their abuse and getting better everyday. I’m lucky enough to have recognized that I needed some help adjusting in the world early on.

It’s definetly evolved. My feelings towards animals, I mean. At first it was something for comfort, I think. Then I began to view them in a more sexual light, which then went on to become more romantic feelings. Or maybe I was just born with liking animal genitalia ingrained in my head. How should I know?

If I was still dependent on animals for comfort, then I’d view it as a bad thing. But I can function now with or without my partner by my side. So in the end, I can still have a healthy relationship with him even with those past issues in mind.

It’s good to keep in mind that one can face abuse, but still live normal, healthy lives if they walk the right path. I was lucky enough to have the resources and the self-awareness to do so.
What "right path" is this? :unsure:

What "right path" is this? :unsure:
Well, I’d personally say a path that leads you to living a happy and healthy life, but I guess it could be different depending on who you’re talking to.

I’d say I walked the right path considering I got myself the help I needed and worked to improve myself little by little to the point where I’m satisfied with myself. I could have just killed myself and left my family to grieve, but that was a route I knew wouldn’t end well, and a part of me wanted to get better.

My uncle, on the other hand, took the wrong path (despite receiving “directions” from several people in his life), and is now a schizophrenic, bipolar mess of a man addicted to drugs and fully convinced God sent him to save everyone from the Corona Virus. I love him, but he’s wandered too deep on his path.

(Also Jesus Christ, Pillar, I come back from work to find 22 goddamn notifications with over half of them being from you! Take a break ya loon!)

Well, I’d personally say a path that leads you to living a happy and healthy life, but I guess it could be different depending on who you’re talking to.

I’d say I walked the right path considering I got myself the help I needed and worked to improve myself little by little to the point where I’m satisfied with myself. I could have just killed myself and left my family to grieve, but that was a route I knew wouldn’t end well, and a part of me wanted to get better.

My uncle, on the other hand, took the wrong path (despite receiving “directions” from several people in his life), and is now a schizophrenic, bipolar mess of a man addicted to drugs and fully convinced God sent him to save everyone from the Corona Virus. I love him, but he’s wandered too deep on his path.

(Also Jesus Christ, Pillar, I come back from work to find 22 goddamn notifications with over half of them being from you! Take a break ya loon!)
If he’s bothering you it gives me a break 😁

I don't think drug addiction and mental illness follow any particular path, those are just unfortunate circumstances that happen in life. Mental illness is beyond anyone's control and can only be treated, but drug addiction can be helped. I hope for the best for your uncle, may he recover from that addiction and receive treatment for his mental health - the sooner the better.

I don't think drug addiction and mental illness follow any particular path, those are just unfortunate circumstances that happen in life. Mental illness is beyond anyone's control and can only be treated, but drug addiction can be helped. I hope for the best for your uncle, may he recover from that addiction and receive treatment for his mental health - the sooner the better.
Ah, I just added the fact that he suffers from addiction to kinda show what I envision as “The wrong path” and where it’ll take you. His mental issues led him to seeking comfort in drugs, even though they only made things worse for him. Mental health and drugs have a connection in that aspect. Even I’ve considered em to try and erase the unwanted thoughts in my head.

But anyhow, thank you, Pillar.

It depends on the trust of society plus the strength of a bond to bypass a taboo. Usually if you have lower trust for society or family you can easily bypass these restrictions by questioning them. There are other cases where their companions felt "just right" enough to slip through the cracks into the subject.

The trauma victims seek comfort from their incident sometimes it goes farther then intended.

i mean it's definitely plausible, my mental state is about as healthy as a feild of anthrax
That doesn't make you a trauma-phile, it just means your head is in a mess. ⛈

He can survive the field of anthrax? Is this a demigod, a monster or an undead being?

I had someone tell me that they were abused and forced to do sexual acts with a dog when they were a kid and that led to them being a zoophile.

I myself was never abused. I just searched for some beastiality videos one day because I was curious and found this kink/lifestyle to be pretty hot.

Last edited:
Pretty likely for me.
I'd say it's possible - if abuse drove you to animals and away from humans, then in your case, it just may have. There's nothing wrong with zoophilia, it's just not something for most people. But what IS wrong was the abuse you were forced to endure, and for that, I'm sorry. :(

I'd say that some events in my childhood lead me to my atrctions
They wernt trama just events
I'd say the environment you were raised in plays a massive part in sexuality

Back