To my grunty n squeaky girl 2009/10 to Dec 6th of 2023

OffgridK9lover

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
She was conceived in the truck, born at the foot of the bed and travelled all over, Her legacy was a litter of healthy rambunctious pups and many good memories across Canada. She put up a valiant fight, but lost as of 4:30 am 6th Wednesday of 2023 December.

She made it to 13/14 years old, had it not been for the hell forsaken cancer sure she'd made it a couple years longer, she was all ways so energetic in all she did.

So let her be immortal online, as they say, the internet is forever.

She got to pass away in the comfort of her own home on her own spot of the bed.

My condolences. Just gotta remember all the love and happiness in-between. You may not be able to physically see her but she's there with you, always. If yer still a driver, from one to another, safe travels.

So. Did you get to keep any of her pups with you?
She is the daughter of my late late woofy wife, her pups whent to friends back in BC where I moved from, one her sons is with a zoo friend there. Just her sister and brother is left, the brother will be the next to fall, he's in good overall health but weight been dropping despite the food dish never being empty.

I'm sorry to hear this bro. I've been threw it myself and I fear my girl will be there sooner rather than later.
Best wishes and condolences to you.

its hard to see the loved ones get old and sick, but we try to give them the best time possible - its not easy but we need to try to remember the good times

Sorry for your loss. Both my boys are are ~10 years old now and I'm bracing myself for how devastated I'm going to feel.
I'm glad you gave her such a good life.

She is the daughter of my late late woofy wife, her pups whent to friends back in BC where I moved from, one her sons is with a zoo friend there. Just her sister and brother is left, the brother will be the next to fall, he's in good overall health but weight been dropping despite the food dish never being empty.
I am sentimental on that. Somehow I find it meaningful if one can get a related new pup from her blood, like from her son if that is posible.

But in any case, you already did it with her 👍

Keep the spirits and never forget the good times you gave each other.

Been down this road so, so many times. I feel old. My big clumsy corso/mastiff girl has <1yr left, so I know its coming. Probably by spring of '24, I'll be right back here with you again soon. The lifespan goes by in a blink on giant breeds. And yet, she's still the first one makes it all the way down the driveway to the gate. Still beats the other, younger dogs to my truck, and still out-cares them about my return. Still the last straggler parked at my workbench when the others have slunk off to more entertaining pursuits. Such a velcro dog. Her name could well be an onomatopoeic synonym for 'devotion' and boy did she ever live up to it. You had me laughing about the foot of bed too; my girl chose that same spot to surprise me with a litter in the middle of the night. My half-sleeping foot thought I'd rolled a plushie toy one of them brought into the bed, til I turned the light on and saw pups being licked clean! There's a peace in the circle of it all. What lives has to die, but what dies must begin again too. Glad you have her relatives about you.

Not as if I haven't said it before, but I've always liked you, Offgrid. Admire your writings and way of life, how similar we've gone about it. Each at our respective ends of the continent, you freezing on tundra while I'm sweating blood in the desert. The both of us toughing it out, knowing how to make do on less. Always building fixing and innovating. Where else would we be? There's no other way of life, than out on the fringes with a pack of dogs and livestock around us. Its how I know you gave her the richest life a dog can have. Kudos, man. You did well by her.

🥃 If I lived any closer I'd slide you the rest of the bottle. Me & mine will send up a howl round the fire pit tonight.

you can just feel the emptiness radiating from her spot, her cute lil noises she'd make, her grunts, her wrinkled forehead when she was paying attention to you. She was my lil pillow warmer
She's so precious.
It's not going to be easy to heal, it wasn't for me anyways but you'll get there and I hope you'll give another the love you gave her.

She was conceived in the truck, born at the foot of the bed and travelled all over, Her legacy was a litter of healthy rambunctious pups and many good memories across Canada. She put up a valiant fight, but lost as of 4:30 am 6th Wednesday of 2023 December.

She made it to 13/14 years old, had it not been for the hell forsaken cancer sure she'd made it a couple years longer, she was all ways so energetic in all she did.

So let her be immortal online, as they say, the internet is forever.

She got to pass away in the comfort of her own home on her own spot of the bed.
Makes me tear up to know we can care hole heartily for thinks that walk this earth with us ...I'm lost in this feeling of sadness and happiness from reading your post ....where ever we go when this all ends maybe be a place we're we still remember what we've gone through and got us where we are 🙏🤲🙌🫶 the good the bad the ugly it all must be remember

i am sorry for ur loss - she will wait at the end of the bridge till u will join her and u will be together again

Okay I'm straight up crying now....I'm go check this song out people....I'll be back much happier trust me 😇🥲🥰 and thought out a few called backs of my own ...maybe sure is hard to visit this memory's.

I hope we all find peace love and happiness well here and once we leave ❤️ this magnificent world we call home

Her brother has joined Her in the eternal prairie plains some time yesterday, searched for him last night, big search this morning and no trace, so he decided some where was better than the heated dog house to do his last sleep. He wasn't far behind in terms of weight and health, so knew this day wasn't long ahead, just not so soon but makes sense, it goes the same for most social animals when a close mate or sibling goes they decide to check out too. At least he got to go out being fully mobile, just hope the spot he chose was comfortable.

Rip, some time in December 8th 2023

Attachments

• SA400875.JPG
    SA400875.JPG
    469.8 KB · Views: 14
  • P8020041.JPG
    P8020041.JPG
    582.7 KB · Views: 13
  • SA400876.JPG
    SA400876.JPG
    368.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Comrad2.JPG
    Comrad2.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 13
  • comrade-croped.jpg
    comrade-croped.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 15
I'm so sorry for your loss, my condolences. They sound like they both had the most awesome lives and the most amazing human, no doubt they lived life to the fullest and went knowing they had done well. You can be sure you'll see them again, no matter what you believe, there must be something afterwards. There's no ways individuals as unique, quirky and special as these will dissappear from our lives forever. My thoughts are with you in this time.

Good live and gone without suffering a long time, this is good, but... sigh... too close 😔

Hearts out to you. We know what one loss hurts. two in a short time, even if expected...

Back