The Shocking Fact Of Sex Toys - How Some May Harm You And Your Lover

QuantumHusky

Citizen of Zooville
Polyvinyl chloride is otherwise known as PVC is a common material used to make sex toys, including those labeled simply as “jelly rubber.” PVC is known to leach endocrine-disrupting compounds, including phthalates. On the surface, PVC isn’t dangerous. However, it’s a really hard material. In order to make toys more soft and flexible for us to play with and enjoy, manufacturers add phthalates, which are a group of toxic chemicals. Additionally, PVC contains chlorine. As the toys are used the ones made of PVC, chlorine is inadvertently released over time. Trimethyltin Chloride is a substance used in the manufacture of plastics, particularly PVC. Trimethyltin chloride is considered a reproductive hazard and is linked to irreversible neurotoxicity outcomes in development, learning impairments, and more. In a study assessing health risks from various chemicals in sex toys, researchers determined that exposure to trimethyltin chloride through sex toys was a health risk for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. They also determined there was a minor risk of neurological effects on adults.

So how is PVC harmful to your animal significant other?
Phthalates an ingredient that is known to cause problems to the kidneys, liver, and reproductive systems. Dogs most easily absorb phthalates because they bite, chew, lick, and nose whatever they play with this can include the insertion of a sex toy. While a lot of these phthalates have been banned by the EU for use in children’s toys, are still present in cheap sex toys and general pet toys. In addition to Phthalatesanother compound is present Bisphenol-A (BPA) it is added to phthalates to stop them from breaking down, Bisphenol-A (BPA) comes with a list of harms all its own. Linked to forms of cancer and endocrine disruption, BPA is a controversial substance currently under review in a variety of circles. This also comes to the addition of lead. Long known as a neurotoxin that interferes with development and cognitive functions, lead is more of an issue in older products, but it is still used in some new imported, painted toys. Lastly, Alkyl-phenols This family of organic compounds are often used in conjunction with phthalates or PVC plastics. One member, the nonyphenols, is restricted by the European Union due to its persistence and toxicity.

So how do we vet proper sex products for use in animals and ourselves? Avoid anything with Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Trimethyltin Chloride, Phthalates, Toluene, and anything that has "flavor" or is scented. When possible, shop at reputable sources for sexual health products, especially when shopping for sex toys. Retailers that pride themselves on offering options that are body-safe are more likely to have already done some product vetting themselves before items hit the shelves. If a toy has a strong chemical smell, it is likely not silicone, as silicone typically has no odor. Labels listing a product as “phthalate-free” might not mean the product is any safer because the toy could contain other toxic substances. Don’t trust these claims and follow our tips above to look for safer materials instead (remember: medical-grade silicone or stainless steel, borosilicate glass, or polished natural stone). Manufacturers often label products as “for novelty use only” as a means to avoid taking responsibility for health impacts associated with the use of harmful sex toys – even though their design, packaging language, and place of sale highly suggest they are to be used internally for sexual health or pleasure. Instead, look for products labeled as specifically intended to be used internally.

If concerned then email the manufacturer and ask them what types of compounds they use. Remember your health and their health are both really important! So always question what is in the toys. Whether it be for sex or for chew!

Here are my resources since people like reading the original articles! My mash-up is a sort of hodgepodge. It's surprising that dog toys and sex toys share a ton of similarities! They use virtually the same plastics. So when shopping for either it's important to do research!

Wow, great resources, I was on the verge of buying one! Now I have to treat my potential sex toys like they've got lead in them, go figure. o_O 😅

Know anything about Bad Dragon's toys?

Is there some reason you've decided to start using overdramatic/clickbait titles? This isn't youtube, where more views get you more money, and I doubt that you get a "per-click" payment from the ads (that don't get stuck on your posts) like a website.

If you've got information to share, GREAT! Go for it. But your penchant for clickbait titling is going to blow up in your face, methinks...

Know anything about Bad Dragon's toys?
They use platinum silicon, the safest soft toy material there is, ranked equally with non-porus metal and glass. Silicon is medical grade, so not only is it non-porus it doesn't leech toxic chemicals, which jelly and pvc do.
rect3742.png

Is there some reason you've decided to start using overdramatic/clickbait titles? This isn't youtube, where more views get you more money, and I doubt that you get a "per-click" payment from the ads (that don't get stuck on your posts) like a website.

If you've got information to share, GREAT! Go for it. But your penchant for clickbait titling is going to blow up in your face, methinks...

You are probably right. Just wanted to get the information out to as many zoos as quickly as possible. I will try to keep it to a minimum. Hoped that this helped people though!

Polyvinyl chloride is otherwise known as PVC is a common material used to make sex toys, including those labeled simply as “jelly rubber.” PVC is known to leach endocrine-disrupting compounds, including phthalates. On the surface, PVC isn’t dangerous. However, it’s a really hard material. In order to make toys more soft and flexible for us to play with and enjoy, manufacturers add phthalates, which are a group of toxic chemicals. Additionally, PVC contains chlorine. As the toys are used the ones made of PVC, chlorine is inadvertently released over time. Trimethyltin Chloride is a substance used in the manufacture of plastics, particularly PVC. Trimethyltin chloride is considered a reproductive hazard and is linked to irreversible neurotoxicity outcomes in development, learning impairments, and more. In a study assessing health risks from various chemicals in sex toys, researchers determined that exposure to trimethyltin chloride through sex toys was a health risk for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. They also determined there was a minor risk of neurological effects on adults.

Phthalates an ingredient that is known to cause problems to the kidneys, liver, and reproductive systems. Dogs most easily absorb phthalates because they bite, chew, lick, and nose whatever they play with this can include the insertion of a sex toy. While a lot of these phthalates have been banned by the EU for use in children’s toys, are still present in cheap sex toys and general pet toys. In addition to Phthalatesanother compound is present Bisphenol-A (BPA) it is added to phthalates to stop them from breaking down, Bisphenol-A (BPA) comes with a list of harms all its own. Linked to forms of cancer and endocrine disruption, BPA is a controversial substance currently under review in a variety of circles. This also comes to the addition of lead. Long known as a neurotoxin that interferes with development and cognitive functions, lead is more of an issue in older products, but it is still used in some new imported, painted toys. Lastly, Alkyl-phenols This family of organic compounds are often used in conjunction with phthalates or PVC plastics. One member, the nonyphenols, is restricted by the European Union due to its persistence and toxicity.

So how do we vet proper sex products for use in animals and ourselves? Avoid anything with Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Trimethyltin Chloride, Phthalates, Toluene, and anything that has "flavor" or is scented. When possible, shop at reputable sources for sexual health products, especially when shopping for sex toys. Retailers that pride themselves on offering options that are body-safe are more likely to have already done some product vetting themselves before items hit the shelves. If a toy has a strong chemical smell, it is likely not silicone, as silicone typically has no odor. Labels listing a product as “phthalate-free” might not mean the product is any safer because the toy could contain other toxic substances. Don’t trust these claims and follow our tips above to look for safer materials instead (remember: medical-grade silicone or stainless steel, borosilicate glass, or polished natural stone). Manufacturers often label products as “for novelty use only” as a means to avoid taking responsibility for health impacts associated with the use of harmful sex toys – even though their design, packaging language, and place of sale highly suggest they are to be used internally for sexual health or pleasure. Instead, look for products labeled as specifically intended to be used internally.

If concerned then email the manufacturer and ask them what types of compounds they use. Remember your health and their health are both really important! So always question what is in the toys. Whether it be for sex or for chew!
or...we can use a condom. Penetration with a sex toy is much more a thing for you than for your pet( it probably qualifies as a whole new fetish), or all the young bitches would be hanging at Adam and Eve after obedience school.

I've seen a few female doggos personally do the happy dance after being dildoed. So it's not like they don't enjoy it.

or...we can use a condom. Penetration with a sex toy is much more a thing for you than for your pet( it probably qualifies as a whole new fetish), or all the young bitches would be hanging at Adam and Eve after obedience school.

What size and variety did you use?
I had to get rid of all of my old ones because they got ruined in a move a long time ago. That's why I created this post https://www.zoovilleforum.net/threads/looking-for-a-toy-my-doggo-girl-can-enjoy.30886/ Ribbed dildos seem to make them go insane haha! Its just trying to find one that fits properly and will give pleasure to them. Currently, for whatever reason, I am having trouble finding one that is safe and will fit my girls but that's a talk for that post.

have it your way....but would those same bitches NOT be doing the same dance if it was a cock, canine or human, or fingers that did the deed? Would they go running for the curb if they thought there was a dildo on that Wells, Fargo wagon? 🤔

Thanks for the info! You mentioned Silicone has no smell, but my Bad Dragon masturbators do? They always feel kind of oily, even though its supposed to be Platinum-cure silicon, so I always wonder if its unreacted silicone or something.

Another easy way to tell if something might be toxic: trust your nose. Stinky plastic and rubber probably contains something that your sense of smell knows is toxic.
Thanks for the info! You mentioned Silicone has no smell, but my Bad Dragon masturbators do? They always feel kind of oily, even though its supposed to be Platinum-cure silicon, so I always wonder if its unreacted silicone or something.
It's probably a plasticizer as regular silicone would be no fun to fuck.

Or maybe a jar of mayonnaise?

Hey... How'd we get into food-fetish stuff??? <picture scratching head in confusion since we don't seem to have one as an emoji> (But we DO have "Man getting a face massage" and "Woman getting a face massage" - yet no confused head-scratch? Wuddup wit dat?)

Or maybe a jar of mayonnaise?
Dude... WE supply the mayo :p

Hey... How'd we get into food-fetish stuff??? <picture scratching head in confusion since we don't seem to have one as an emoji> (But we DO have "Man getting a face massage" and "Woman getting a face massage" - yet no confused head-scratch? Wuddup wit dat?)
Yeah, 2nd for @nekdoneco123 's idea of a "WTF?" emoji

Here are my resources since people like reading the original articles! My mash-up is a sort of hodgepodge. It's surprising that dog toys and sex toys share a ton of similarities! They use virtually the same plastics. So when shopping for either it's important to do research!
Good info to have access too. Thank you

I know a guy who turns jade and other exotic stone dildos.
(preheat in warm water)
My gf likes glass dildos, we have 2 cats in side of house, 1 cats is long hair and hers hair is all round on house, glass dildos its easyer to keep clean.

Back