The plight of Amur Leopards

FF24

Tourist
As of 2020, there are less than 100 Amur leapords left in the wild. Despite the fact they are on verge of extinction, loss of territory and poaching are constantly reducing their numbers even more. Unlike other animals, Amur leopards receive a mere fraction of the support other animals receive simply due to the fact that they are not "cute and cuddly". It's stuff like this that really make me depressed.

If anyone is willing, I would personally appreciate if any of you could help the cause: https://www.wwf.org.uk/learn/wildlife/amur-leopards

Even if you can't, just showing solidarity would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I think leopards are a perfect example of cute and cuddly looking animals though.

Cynical fun fact: The WWF actually writes in large letters "We're protecting our planet's iconic animals". They don't campaign for slugs. They care about the posh species—which is definitely a good choice for fundraising. I recognize though that habitat protection for a popular species can also help the "ugly" ones survive which roam the same space.

I think leopards are a perfect example of cute and cuddly looking animals though.

Cynical fun fact: The WWF actually writes in large letters "We're protecting our planet's iconic animals". They don't campaign for slugs. They care about the posh species—which is definitely a good choice for fundraising. I recognize though that habitat protection for a popular species can also help the "ugly" ones survive which roam the same space.
Compared to Pandas and White Rhinos, Amur Leopards are overlooked.

The fact that habitat protection benefits a multitude of of other potentially endangered species is yet another reason why people should help. I know far too well about the plight of species that are utterly ignored, such as the Delta Smelt which might be extinct now.

Back