Targeting dogs

jeepinn

Tourist
As of last week the city put in place a dogs breeds and weight restrictions

Any dogs over 45 pounds can and will be seized, and subject to the city authorization of euthanasia,

City will give 48 hours notice for owners to relocate the dog or subject to seizure of the dog, 550 dollar fine, and billed for euthanization and disposal of the dog

Any dogs over 45 pounds can and will be seized, and subject to the city authorization of euthanasia,

City will give 48 hours notice for owners to relocate the dog or subject to seizure of the dog, 550 dollar fine, and billed for euthanization and disposal of the dog
That can’t be legal, it’s inhumane!! What city is this?

Lassan olyan lesz az élet a világ egyes országaiban, mint egy filmben. Vicces, hogy mit nem tudnak kitalálni.

If is where I'm from they are gonna meet me and my 12 gauge with some slugs at the door and then and see God then tell God that they fucked up. with me I shoot first and then ask questions later if they can still breathe or talk

is is what happens when you give paper pushers too much power.

WTF. Where are your rights and the dogs rights to live and exist. What country are you from where this BS is forced upon you and accepted by society. Where are the animals rights yet alone yours. This sounds like dictatorship and full control by power hungry few. Whats next? Implementing laws that dispose of people above a certain age. Might as well call it mass genocide :mad:. Sue the bastards under animal rights laws and cruelty to animals laws and they will quickly reverse the newly implemented laws. And these bastards then have the hide to say that we (ZOOs) are cruel to animals. At least we care for them and treat them with love and affection. Give them good homes and feed them well. What do these government bastards ever do for society that benefits society or any thing else. All they do is secure their own jobs and get paid well by tax payers to come up with shit like killing the dogs you mentioned :mad:.

Last edited:
That can’t be legal, it’s inhumane!! What city is this?
Denver north area
WTF. Where are your rights and the dogs rights to live and exist. What country are you from where this BS is forced upon you and accepted by society. Where are the animals rights yet alone yours. This sounds like dictatorship and full control by power hungry few. Whats next? Implementing laws that dispose of people above a certain age. Might as well call it mass genocide :mad:. Sue the bastards under animal rights laws and cruelty to animals laws and they will quickly reverse the newly implemented laws.

Restricted Dog Breeds by State 2024​

In the realm of pet ownership, the regulation of certain dog breeds has sparked heated debates across the United States. Known as breed-specific legislation (BSL), these laws vary dramatically from state to state, targeting specific breeds deemed potentially dangerous. Among the breeds often subjected to BSL are the likes of Pit Bull Terriers, Doberman Pinschers, and Rottweilers, known for their strength and protective instincts.
freestar
States such as Alabama, California, Florida, and Georgia have enacted strict BSL measures, necessitating special permits for the ownership of these breeds. For example, in Alabama, owning a Pit Bull Terrier or Rottweiler requires jumping through regulatory hoops, highlighting the state's cautious approach to dog ownership. However, others, like Alaska, Arizona, and Connecticut, have opted to forgo breed-specific legislation altogether, favoring more inclusive pet ownership laws that apply universally.
The debate surrounding BSL remains contentious, with proponents arguing that these regulations enhance public safety and detractors claiming they unfairly discriminate against certain breeds. Despite the ongoing discourse, the importance of promoting responsible pet ownership and ensuring the well-being of all dogs cannot be overstated. As discussions around BSL persist, it's crucial for legislators, animal welfare organizations, and community stakeholders to collaborate and find common ground to address concerns while upholding the rights of pet owners and the welfare of their beloved companions.

Every city has pet ordinances of some sort, some draconian, most less so. The entire country has been shitting on 'pit bulls' for 25 years. No one has managed to roll it back yet that I know of. Most are just fine with pit bull laws because they're such viscious dogs fuck them. Instead of putting the responsibility where it belongs, on shitty, irresponsible owners.

Denver north area

Restricted Dog Breeds by State 2024​

In the realm of pet ownership, the regulation of certain dog breeds has sparked heated debates across the United States. Known as breed-specific legislation (BSL), these laws vary dramatically from state to state, targeting specific breeds deemed potentially dangerous. Among the breeds often subjected to BSL are the likes of Pit Bull Terriers, Doberman Pinschers, and Rottweilers, known for their strength and protective instincts.
freestar
States such as Alabama, California, Florida, and Georgia have enacted strict BSL measures, necessitating special permits for the ownership of these breeds. For example, in Alabama, owning a Pit Bull Terrier or Rottweiler requires jumping through regulatory hoops, highlighting the state's cautious approach to dog ownership. However, others, like Alaska, Arizona, and Connecticut, have opted to forgo breed-specific legislation altogether, favoring more inclusive pet ownership laws that apply universally.
The debate surrounding BSL remains contentious, with proponents arguing that these regulations enhance public safety and detractors claiming they unfairly discriminate against certain breeds. Despite the ongoing discourse, the importance of promoting responsible pet ownership and ensuring the well-being of all dogs cannot be overstated. As discussions around BSL persist, it's crucial for legislators, animal welfare organizations, and community stakeholders to collaborate and find common ground to address concerns while upholding the rights of pet owners and the welfare of their beloved companions.

You beat me to it, minus the pit bull rant.

Exactly. My property sits half on another county marker inside adams county so my rottweilers are safe from denver 4th distract just like denver banned any gun b that holds a magazine of over 10 rounds

You didnt name any breeds in you original post, just used the word 'breeds' and mentioned a weight restriction.

You didnt name any breeds in you original post, just used the word 'breeds' and mentioned a weight restriction.
What dog breeds are not allowed in Colorado?
"Restricted breeds" include any American Bulldog (Old Country Bulldog), Dogo Argentino, Canary Dog (Canary Island Dog, Presa Canario, Perro De Presa Canario), Presa Mallorquin (Pero De Presa Mallorquin, Ca De Bou), Tosa Inu (Tosa Fighting Dog, Japanese Fighting Dog, Japanese Mastiff), Cane Corso (Cane Di Macellaio, ...
https://www.animallaw.info › colo...
Colorado | Animal Legal & Historical Center

What dog breeds are not allowed in Colorado?
"Restricted breeds" include any American Bulldog (Old Country Bulldog), Dogo Argentino, Canary Dog (Canary Island Dog, Presa Canario, Perro De Presa Canario), Presa Mallorquin (Pero De Presa Mallorquin, Ca De Bou), Tosa Inu (Tosa Fighting Dog, Japanese Fighting Dog, Japanese Mastiff), Cane Corso (Cane Di Macellaio, ...
https://www.animallaw.info › colo...
Colorado | Animal Legal & Historical Center
They should just make it easier and say "If it can't fit in your purse. or pick it up with one hand, its a dangerous breed."

They came after my rotties but I'm in adams county not denver since the restructured County borders cause all these gang bangers and their stealing dogs to bait dogs or pit fight them

How new IS this ordinance?

I'm showing Pits are breed restricted but can be issued a Breed-Restricted Permit (making them fully legal) and quite easily from what I am seeing.

EDIT to add, if pits are legal, I find it very hard to believe literally any other breed is not.

That sounds exactly like what most apartments in every state (that I know of) regulate, but I never heard of such a ban citywide. One or two breeds sure, but every single dog above 45 pounds? This is what happens when you legalize weed and everyone makes laws while under the influence.

How new IS this ordinance?

I'm showing Pits are breed restricted but can be issued a Breed-Restricted Permit (making them fully legal) and quite easily from what I am seeing.

EDIT to add, if pits are legal, I find it very hard to believe literally any other breed is not.
Last week cause I border with denver I'm having my fencing replaced with 6ft privacy fencing panels now just to be safe including front yard and driveway gating

That sounds exactly like what most apartments in every state (that I know of) regulate, but I never heard of such a ban citywide. One or two breeds sure, but every single dog above 45 pounds? This is what happens when you legalize weed and everyone makes laws while under the influence.
I'm calling bullshit. Unless this "ordinance" just passed at midnight and hasn't hit the internet yet.

I see nothing about weight restrictions in ANY city and only about 6 cities total where various of the "pit bull" breeds are banned, at least one of which (Denver) allows an exception via special permit.

The closest city to Denver is Aurora which has AGAIN outlawed Staffies, but not AmStaff or any other of the pit breeds.

Back