• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Share your favorite music!

Skunkbum

Tourist
I'd love to hear what you're currently listening to or just can't keep off repeat! Every genre, artist, band, tempo or language is welcome!

I have a broad and weird taste in music and I always love finding something new and interesting to add to my playlist. Figured I'd reach out and see if anyone was interested in sharing some of the music that inspires them. Who knows, you might even discover new artists here that you end up loving! Guess I'll start it off with a few very different tracks from all different genres that I've been listening to a lot lately.

The Murlocs - Compos Mentis (Garage rock/Psychedelic rock)

Machine Girl - Black Glass (Breakcore/Jungle)

Zangoma - Chimbilimbili (Zambian rock)

The Budos Band - Raja Haje (Funk/jazz)

Sven Wunder - Late Again (Jazz piano)

Kublai Khan TX - Boomslang (Metalcore)

Wu Man - Dance Of The Yi People (Traditional Pipa)

I could go on forever but I'll spare you. I hope you found one, if not many of these wildly different tracks and artists interesting! I'm eager to hear what wonderful tracks all of you are willing to share!

Thanks for reading <3

PS: Shortly after typing this all out I discovered the What song are you listening to? thread. Not sure if this post is too similar to that thread or not. Happy to take it down if you feel it's redundant.

I literally just came here to post this (almost) exact post!

So let me add something here, as well as what you're listening to right now, what are some songs you like to listen to when playing with your furry friends or that encapsulate that theme?

Here's some that I thought of and I'd love to hear more to add to my list!

Nine Inch Nails - Closer

Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch

Zoochosis - Thanks Smokey

Zoochosis - Rubbie

I literally just came here to post this (almost) exact post!

So let me add something here, as well as what you're listening to right now, what are some songs you like to listen to when playing with your furry friends or that encapsulate that theme?

Here's some that I thought of and I'd love to hear more to add to my list!

Nine Inch Nails - Closer

Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch

Zoochosis - Thanks Smokey

Zoochosis - Rubbie
Great minds think alike! glad to have you share and add to it!

Boy, I haven't heard a lot of these in a good bit. They are definitely very fitting to your theme! especially Zoochosis - Thanks Smokey :p. I totally forgot all about that video, blast from the past for sure haha! And Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch is another very topic appropriate throw back! I had to think a bit if I had anything that could fit your zooie music theme. I ended up settling on this, GOAT – Fill My Mouth. I'd say the lyrics are pretty darn fitting ;). And not to mention the combo of the bands name and title of the song here are coincidentally a perfect match for your theme :p.

Thanks for sharing!

I wouldbot exactly call this a favourite, but... damn, takes some guts 🤣

Heavysaurus...

I wouldbot exactly call this a favourite, but... damn, takes some guts 🤣

Heavysaurus...
Hah! I kinda love this. Talented but light hearted people just having fun with their craft.

Räyh!!!​

Last edited:
OK so I'm a huge christmas person and am 100% listening to christmas music in June (well, July now I guess). But here are some of my current favorites that are less festive:

- Pinnacle to the Pit by Ghost
- Darkness At The Heart of my Love also by Ghost
- Ecstasy (bother the normal and slowed version) by SUICIDAL‐IDOL
- Nothing Else Matters by Chris Stapleton (it's a cover of the Metallica song but I like Chris Stapleton better, sue me)
- Tell Em What It's Like by Cody Jinks
- Circus Psycho by Diggy Graves

I could go on but we'd be here forever 🤭

OK so I'm a huge christmas person and am 100% listening to christmas music in June (well, July now I guess). But here are some of my current favorites that are less festive:

- Nothing Else Matters by Chris Stapleton (it's a cover of the Metallica song but I like Chris Stapleton better, sue me)

It’s never a wrong time to play Christmas music!!

Ooh, that's an interesting spread! All stuff that I'm unfamiliar with. I picked out a few that caught my eye.

Pinnacle to the Pit by Ghost Is an interesting one, Given the lead singers appearance I was expecting something a little heavier. Has a real black metal vibe to his look. Though he has quite a sweet and light voice.

Nothing Else Matters by Chris Stapleton Is a fantastic rendition of the Metallica song. The song really lends it self to the slower pace that this version gives it. And the singer has a great voice to boot!

Ecstasy by SUICIDAL‐IDOL I had to listen to this one a few times because I thought it sounded familiar. Couldn't place it myself and ended up checking the Youtube comments to only realize I've heard the bastardized meme edit of the song that was popular for a little. With all that aside the song has a unique sound to it and I definitely prefer the slowed down version.

PS: Tis always the season for Christmas music ;)

Last edited:
Ooh, that's an interesting spread! All stuff that I'm unfamiliar with.

Pinnacle to the Pit by Ghost Is an interesting one, Given the lead singers appearance I was expecting something a little heavier. Has a real black metal vibe to his look. Though he has quite a sweet voice and light voice.

Nothing Else Matters by Chris Stapleton Is a fantastic rendition of the Metallica song. The song really lends it self to the slower pace that this version gives it. And the singer has a great voice to boot!

Ecstasy by SUICIDAL‐IDOL I had to listen to this one a few times because I thought it sounded familiar. Couldn't place it myself and ended up checking the Youtube comments to only realize I've heard the bastardized meme edit of the song that was popular for a little. With all that aside the song has a unique sound to it and I definitely prefer the slowed down version.

PS: Tis always the season for Christmas music ;)
I could ramble for hours about Pinnacle to the Pit, and about Ghost in general lol

Chris Stapleton did an amazing job with that song, I think his voice suits it perfectly

We don't talk about the meme version 😭

I could ramble for hours about Pinnacle to the Pit, and about Ghost in general lol

Chris Stapleton did an amazing job with that song, I think his voice suits it perfectly

We don't talk about the meme version 😭
I'm absolutely obsessed with Ghost

I'd love to hear what you're currently listening to or just can't keep off repeat! Every genre, artist, band, tempo or language is welcome!

I have a broad and weird taste in music and I always love finding something new and interesting to add to my playlist. Figured I'd reach out and see if anyone was interested in sharing some of the music that inspires them. Who knows, you might even discover new artists here that you end up loving! Guess I'll start it off with a few very different tracks from all different genres that I've been listening to a lot lately.

The Murlocs - Compos Mentis (Garage rock/Psychedelic rock)

Machine Girl - Black Glass (Breakcore/Jungle)

Zangoma - Chimbilimbili (Zambian rock)

The Budos Band - Raja Haje (Funk/jazz)

Sven Wunder - Late Again (Jazz piano)

Kublai Khan TX - Boomslang (Metalcore)

Wu Man - Dance Of The Yi People (Traditional Pipa)

I could go on forever but I'll spare you. I hope you found one, if not many of these wildly different tracks and artists interesting! I'm eager to hear what wonderful tracks all of you are willing to share!

Thanks for reading <3

PS: Shortly after typing this all out I discovered the What song are you listening to? thread. Not sure if this post is too similar to that thread or not. Happy to take it down if you feel it's redundant.
ok, just now listened to the murlocs
music is nice
name is fail when playing WoW, the cry of the murloc sent a bolt of fear adrenaline thru my body

ok, just now listened to the murlocs
music is nice
name is fail when playing WoW, the cry of the murloc sent a bolt of fear adrenaline thru my body
I know right. I had played WoW before coming across the band too. Totally thought the band was based on the game and just brushed them off because of it. It ended up being years later that I sat down and gave them a listen due to another band sharing a few members with them. That band being King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard.

MMMRglrrggllr!!

Attachments

• 8ddf7e2effe5046036284d8f9f20e1ef.png
    8ddf7e2effe5046036284d8f9f20e1ef.png
    274.5 KB · Views: 3
I know right. I had played WoW before coming across the band too. Totally thought the band was based on the game and just brushed them off because of it. It ended up being years later that I sat down and gave them a listen due to another band sharing a few members with them. That band being King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard.

MMMRglrrggllr!!
:) Arugululula!

I heard Fireflies by Owl City at work and it didn't leave my head for days. I would just listen to it on loop over and over again. Finally it left :)

I heard Fireflies by Owl City at work and it didn't leave my head for days. I would just listen to it on loop over and over again. Finally it left :)
Oh gosh, haven't heard that one in a bit. It was definitely a massive ear worm when it first came out. Just so darn catchy, and still is!

A few I like

A few I like

Ooh, these are great, thanks for sharing! The lead has a fantastic voice on this track Tinsley Ellis - To The Devil For A Dime , Also quite the talented guitar player. Blue Rodeo - 5 Days In May is wonderfully smooth, such an easy listen. Dennis Locorriere - Cookie & Lila , He puts tons of emotion into this live performance, and he's got a fun sense of humor to boot, really lovely. The song is such an ear worm too.

Polyphia - Ego Death feat. Steve Vai (Official Music Video) This has been on repeat for what feels like an entire month and it still feels amazing!
Sorry it took so long to get back to you! Thanks for sharing! This is a fantastic piece of technical guitar work! Jaw dropping even. Adding this one to my favorites for sure! I don't have much experience in the technical genre overall but I may be able to offer a song suggestion. Rings of Saturn - The Heavens Have Fallen , It's a little heavier and faster than what you linked, but you may enjoy it!

Listened to your suggestion nice. Also thank you for your comments on my choices, they were a varied grinder of music but to me all appealed.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you! Thanks for sharing! This is a fantastic piece of technical guitar work! Jaw dropping even. Adding this one to my favorites for sure! I don't have much experience in the technical genre overall but I may be able to offer a song suggestion. Rings of Saturn - The Heavens Have Fallen , It's a little heavier and faster than what you linked, but you may enjoy it!
I think I should say that right back to you haha. Sorry it's taken me a while. Work kicked my ass and I really couldn't get online enough. I'm glad you liked it! I found Polyphia recently and it's honestly not my "genre". I'm more of an indie, math rock kinda person.

From people who know music better than me, I kinda get why I like Polyphia if they're knowledge is to be believed. They say that Tim (the lead guitarist with the tattoos and the lesbian chic aesthetic) basically comes up with a rhythm that is akin to pop and he and the rest of the band layer all their technicalities on top of them. I hope I'm doing their explanation justice haha.

I did give your rec a listen and I do like it but it was a bit heavier like you said. Not my usual cup of tea but it is going in my playlist.

If you'd like something that is more of "my" thing that I've nonetheless listened to on repeat, it'd be stuff like this:

Camp Adventure, Delta Sleep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQiibdwDm0c

The Angry River, True Detective (Father John Misty and S.I. Istwa): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnrXhavK-6M

Back on 74, Jungle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3lX2p_Uy9I

Games of Luck (Gamesofluck), Parcels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8mqObs7gv0 (Live version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AwxHCI_BnA)

For the technical guitarist stuff, I'd recommend Polyphia, the band in the previous message, Marcin, and Ichika Nito. All of them are just so amazingly talented. The joke is that Tim makes playing something hard look easy while Marcin makes playing something hard look even harder while Ichika is like a mix of the two.

Back