Recommended Dog Foods that are Good and Healthy?

H
Asking me if I supplement them is implying the diet I give them isn't enough. So yes he was accusing through his question. It isn't hard to see that.
Hmmm. I just took it as a question. In the way someone would ask if they were thinking about doing the same and didnt know the answer. I'm going to have to google the ins and outs of the thing now myself since I dont know enough about it I guess.

Purina Pro Plan or Costco premium. We typically start on Purina Pro plan puppy formula then transition to Costco premium after the puppy stage. The Costco puppy just didn't sit well with our latest pup so doing the Pro Plan first which is doing great.

That being said, dogs are not wolves no matter how much marketing tries to link them. Sure related, but they are not. They have evolved with humans for thousands of years to eat table scraps including carbohydrates. I could find no studies showing that quality carbs are harmful to dogs. Sure ultra processed garbage carbs are bad for anything including humans.

Wild or stray dogs will eat anything they can get their mouths on especially human table scraps, which of course also typically contains carbs to no detriment. So sure they aren't out hunting wheat and grinding it in a lil' doggy mill, but they will eat human processed carb sources just fine.

Legumes are linked to specific heart problems in dogs. Stay away from "grain free" if all they are doing is substituting grain like wheat/rice/corn with legumes such as peas, lentils, etc.

If you feel better feeding your dog home cooking, more power to you, that is great and I'm sure the dog appreciates it! Same goes for "raw" diet. I don't want to start one of those debates with that religion of course!

Back