Raising Hounds will be the death of me. (rant)

MoreThanOne

Tourist
So I got 2 coonhounds, the little shits. 1 bluetick one red, brothers. These 2 idiots are the sweetest most loving dogs I've ever had but some times I just want to....grrrrrrrrrr.... you know?

Anyways, they are about 8mo old, and every chance they get there are gone. First it was out of the back yard. So I fixed up the fence. They would dig out. So then I put in an electric fence. Don't let them big floppy ears and dumb face fool you, God are they smart. I had it on the lowest setting and they would just bolt over it. So then I turned it up... Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY BOYS. They have no road sense and I would die for the little fuckers. I just don't want anything bad to happen to them if they escape or get picked up by some random NPC . So dumb and dumber figured out if the dig a hole before the wire, THEY CAN FUCKING TUNNLE OUT OF THE BACKYARD!! Like they are some GI in a prison camp or they have the leading role in Shaw shank Redemption. You should see my backyard, it looks like it's been bombarded by 18in guns from the USS George Washington. My heart can't take this. I freak out every time they get gone. So then we decided to buy tiles to put on their collar so we can keep track of them if they get out again. They ate them. Ask me why we don't have a green house. They ate it. Then all Rosemary and wild onions I was growing. Which is completely unhealthy for them and let me tell you you have not smell something so rank in your life as a wild onion and rosemary dog fart.

So now all the trolls are going to come at me and say oh well they're working dogs and they're bored and you need to work on give them more exercise ..We Do!!!! Training them to be gun dogs. That's how we lost them on 109 acres. FML

And now one of them has a taste for drywall. They are bad! Just bad!

By themselves, they are perfect dogs. Obey all commands, don't eat my house, and are oh so sweet. However, you leave the brothers together for 2 sec, you better not blink bc they like to eat anything that is not their food!! Goats! They are baby goats!!

But just look at these faces. How could anyone ever get mad at them. Definitely not me.... I've never been mad at them. Promise! 🥰🥰❤️❤️IMG_8742.jpg

So I got 2 coonhounds, the little shits. 1 bluetick one red, brothers. These 2 idiots are the sweetest most loving dogs I've ever had but some times I just want to....grrrrrrrrrr.... you know?

Anyways, they are about 8mo old, and every chance they get there are gone. First it was out of the back yard. So I fixed up the fence. They would dig out. So then I put in an electric fence. Don't let them big floppy ears and dumb face fool you, God are they smart. I had it on the lowest setting and they would just bolt over it. So then I turned it up... Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY BOYS. They have no road sense and I would die for the little fuckers. I just don't want anything bad to happen to them if they escape or get picked up by some random NPC . So dumb and dumber figured out if the dig a hole before the wire, THEY CAN FUCKING TUNNLE OUT OF THE BACKYARD!! Like they are some GI in a prison camp or they have the leading role in Shaw shank Redemption. You should see my backyard, it looks like it's been bombarded by 18in guns from the USS George Washington. My heart can't take this. I freak out every time they get gone. So then we decided to buy tiles to put on their collar so we can keep track of them if they get out again. They ate them. Ask me why we don't have a green house. They ate it. Then all Rosemary and wild onions I was growing. Which is completely unhealthy for them and let me tell you you have not smell something so rank in your life as a wild onion and rosemary dog fart.

So now all the trolls are going to come at me and say oh well they're working dogs and they're bored and you need to work on give them more exercise ..We Do!!!! Training them to be gun dogs. That's how we lost them on 109 acres. FML

By themselves, they are perfect dogs. Obey all commands, don't eat my house, and are oh so sweet. However, you leave the brothers together for 2 sec, you better not blink bc they like to eat anything that is not their food!! Goats! They are baby goats!!

But just look at these faces. How could anyone ever get mad at them. Definitely not me.... I've never been mad at them. Promise! 🥰🥰❤️❤️View attachment 549454
I gotta admit, your rant just about busted my gut! But in seriousness, I have heard that hounds can be clever and resourceful little bastards. I guess it’s all part of their nature. And about working dogs..yeah, my six month lab is a working dog too, and she gets a ton of exercise, but don’t think for one second that it stops her from tearing shit up or eating my pillows. At all. Wherever the energy is coming from, it’s a never ending, bottomless well that continuously replenishes itself.

But, in their defense, they are cute boys! 😀

I gotta admit, your rant just about busted my gut! But in seriousness, I have heard that hounds can be clever and resourceful little bastards. I guess it’s all part of their nature. And about working dogs..yeah, my six month lab is a working dog too, and she gets a ton of exercise, but don’t think for one second that it stops her from tearing shit up or eating my pillows. At all. Wherever the energy is coming from, it’s a never ending, bottomless well that continuously replenishes itself.

But, in their defense, they are cute boys! 😀
Good luck and God speed 🤣

Good luck! I had a friend once who found himself raising cane corso puppies after his two dogs got it on. It's the reason he got into Marijuana lol

Why in stick to retriever versitile class dogs, they are genetically bred to point and/or bring stuff back to you lol! My buddy in Missouri says they are always finding hounds from a county over. They catch that scent and are off!

On a serious note at 8mos they are in the teenager phase and that can be even worse than the puppy phase!

But just look at these faces. How could anyone ever get mad at them. Definitely not me.... I've never been mad at them. Promise! 🥰🥰❤️❤️View attachment 549454
Lmao rosemary onion farts!

Why in stick to retriever versitile class dogs, they are genetically bred to point and/or bring stuff back to you lol! My buddy in Missouri says they are always finding hounds from a county over. They catch that scent and are off!

On a serious note at 8mos they are in the teenager phase and that can be even worse than the puppy phase!
Pray for me. 🤣

Back