PACT Act: a federal ban?

I understand what you're saying. Still, zoos need to be aware of the ever-changing legal situation (which has been getting worse and worse over the years).

Also, today the PACT Act was presented to President Donald Trump. (Trump will either sign it or veto it).
Trump will probably sign it - I highly doubt that he would Veto it

It's been illegal to smoke marijuana federally yet people have been doing it regardless for quite some time, but things are changing for the better slowly over time however

So while I understand most people would not be open to supporting (Or rallying for) bestiality/zoo sex, you can support it in little ways here and there and slowly change the perception of sex with animals. Love is love, always say if there's no harm being done to anyone then why care or be bothered by someone getting pleasured from or by a non human animal....it's their Body and choice!

It's been illegal to smoke marijuana federally yet people have been doing it regardless for quite some time, but things are changing for the better slowly over time however

So while I understand most people would not be open to supporting (Or rallying for) bestiality/zoo sex, you can support it in little ways here and there and slowly change the perception of sex with animals. Love is love, always say if there's no harm being done to anyone then why care or be bothered by someone getting pleasured from or by a non human animal....it's their Body and choice!
I agree but the World of Anti-Zoo people are very closed minded

I agree but the World of Anti-Zoo people are very closed minded

Yes unfortunately I agree as well, I'm sure religion and other factors cause people to be so shuttered with their own thoughts and feelings especially sexual ones. I realize that most people fear being outcasted or labeled as odd,weird and/or perverse and zoo/beast has been seen as taboo by most societies for a long while. So changing that perception isn't going to happen overnight

Probably won't happen in our lifetimes but anything is possible I guess right?

I agree. Though, although zoo and marijuana have both been made illegal in various places, marijuana is more socially accepted, while zoo is not. Also, the trend for marijuana has been growing legalization, while the trend for zoo has been growing criminalization.

Currently it does appear to be as you stated one (marijuana) moving closer to being legalized and the other being completely banned and illegal. However if you were to go back a century ago, marijuana was made illegal and people went to jail over it. But that wasn't enough to stop people, they still did it and now it's becoming more socially accepted. Yet it is still illegal federally and people are willing to risk it or just are rebel natured!
People have been doing things secretly for thousands of years! Beast was illegal and punishable upon death, like being gay was at times in places of history(some still are that way today), and yet people still were doing it despite it being so punishable and detested.

I think that over time people may open up/loosen up about beast/zoo activity and relations. First tho it would take the laws to change as currently they try to automatically make any sexual contact with animals a crime against nature or abuse of an animal! Obviously we all know that isn't necessarily the case and that being changed would be a start. If no harm is shown or can be found then what exactly is a person being arrested for? Just the act of having sex with an animal? If so that's the case change laws to reflect that, as currently stated I think you could win any court case based on that!

It also wouldn't hurt for people to view animals as a living thing and not just some secondary thing that's below us as humans and we control them and all they do lol... they need to be respected more in general and by denying them happiness or sexual gratification is kinda messed up really

The fact people see it morally ethical to allow slaughterhouses and meat factories but having intercourse with the same animal is horribly wrong, such backwards thinking. It's ok to kill an animal inhumanely, because it's for food but no sex lol
so stupid to me but that's society in general, blind sheep following the herd along

It also wouldn't hurt for people to view animals as a living thing and not just some secondary thing that's below us as humans and we control them and all they do lol... they need to be respected more in general and by denying them happiness or sexual gratification is kinda messed up really

The fact people see it morally ethical to allow slaughterhouses and meat factories but having intercourse with the same animal is horribly wrong, such backwards thinking. It's ok to kill an animal inhumanely, because it's for food but no sex lol
so stupid to me but that's society in general, blind sheep following the herd along

There is a thread about the hypocrisy of killing animals for food (slaughter) being legal, but ethical zoo sex being illegal:

So you may want to read the above thread (and the article which is the subject of that thread).

Basically, the idea that killing animals for food is OK, but sex with animals is not OK, is bullshit -- it is irrational and inconsistent (morally). People say animals can't "consent" to sex -- well, they don't "consent" to be slaughtered, that's for sure.

As for anti-zoo laws, I think people should continue to disobey them as much as possible.

As another thread stated, President Donald Trump signed the PACT Act today.

At the state level, people have been arrested for sex with animals and charged with "animal cruelty" in cases in which there was no anti-zoo law. What worries me is that this new federal PACT Act law might be used as a tool to start targeting zoos in the United States, even though it doesn't specifically mention zoo sex. If "animal cruelty" laws can be used to persecute zoos at the state level, then could the same apply to this new federal law?

Back