• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Love to move out of the US

its a very fucked up system compared to ,,the rest,, of the western world - i dunno if one western country has a worse one?

one can own firearms
Umm, what? How is that a plus? You like getting shot, or maybe you want to shoot people?

live in villas
Bwahahaha! A) villas are French, B) Hollywood does not represent the country. The average American lives in a 1 bedroom apartment, 2 if they have kids, which they pay more than half their monthly income for in a bad neighborhood. And the price gets cranked up every year because there's a MASSIVE housing shortage and the corporate landlords are free to gouge the hell out of you.

China's rural areas are poor and backward
And?

The Internet in China is closed, and even Google cannot access it
You seem to be online just fine. As do all the Chinese spam bots we have to deal with targeting us.

Last edited:
Umm, what? How is that a plus? You like getting shot, or maybe you want to shoot people?
Because guns do have a practical purpose, aside from shooting humans. You can hunt with them, you can shoot skeet, you can do long distance shooting, etc.

And the price gets cranked up every year
I've lived in the apartment I'm in right now for just shy of five years. In that time, I've had my rent go up once, for $40.

I've lived in the apartment I'm in right now for just shy of five years. In that time, I've had my rent go up once, for $40.
Then you're lucky, or not in a population center.

When I first started renting in this city 20 years ago I paid about $480/month for a 1 bedroom. 8 years and 3 landlord changes later they wanted over 800 for the same apartment. Quick check of Goolge now shows it over 1100.

I moved into my current place 2 years ago next week. Moved in paying 875 a month. 1st resign last year they tried to up it to just under a grand, I had to negotiate to limit the increase to 6% so still pay 940 a month. They should be sending me a renewal notice anytime and I fully expect another price increase that will have me looking to move.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I believe I've read that it's because people in the past couldn't afford to pay their medical bills, so prices were raised to try to recoup those lost costs on the "newer" """customers"""/suckers, who now still can't afford it, so it's just a vicious cycle at this point.

Minimum wage not having changed in 15 years surely has done WONDERS for the situation as well.
That's beyond awful

I‘d think twice, especially regarding Germany. We Germans have a pretty high opinion of ourselves, not to say that we believe we know and do things better than others. But basically everything is going down the drain here. And in my opinion its not the fault of the present government, they are just making a hell of a job in accelerating the decay and making sure to disappoint citizens. …and as a consequence, the brown filth is gaining voters …unbefuckinglievable, given our history… total disgrace

so much for “I’m here for fun” 😏

Shit healthcare, shit education, shit economy (income inequality is through the roof, adjusted for inflation wages are lower than they were 40 years ago, we pay more for basic things than any other developed nation world - and many third world nations too - thanks to uncontrolled greed of corporations), shit government, rampant crime, despised on a global scale. Quite frankly, the country is too goddamn big for its own good, and there's been warnings of a second civil war brewing for over 20 years. The country is circling the drain.

The only possible people the country could be any "good" to immigrate to for are academics and PHD holders looking to be involved in cutting edge development or research corporations.
If you hate it here so much, why don't you do yourself a favor and leave

Then you're lucky, or not in a population center.

When I first started renting in this city 20 years ago I paid about $480/month for a 1 bedroom. 8 years and 3 landlord changes later they wanted over 800 for the same apartment. Quick check of Goolge now shows it over 1100.

I moved into my current place 2 years ago next week. Moved in paying 875 a month. 1st resign last year they tried to up it to just under a grand, I had to negotiate to limit the increase to 6% so still pay 940 a month. They should be sending me a renewal notice anytime and I fully expect another price increase that will have me looking to move.
I'd love to pay that much. I currently pay 1800 for a 1 bedroom, and that's after a discount for applying during the holidays.

No, I can't afford it.

Back